Events UK: Warchief GT 2016 - Rise of the Warchief

John Harrison

The Garden of Nurgle
The very ground upon which you walk seeks to infect your warriors, rusting their armour and decaying their clothes. All terrain pieces upon the battlefield give a -1 to any armour save. This replaces the +1 armour save bonus normally allowed under the AOS rules.

This should definitely be a spell for Nurgle allegiance - would be great and fluffy vs Sylvaneth!

3 hours ago, jonwarmington said:

Kris and I will be there on the Saturday night. Anyone else? Could get a good crowd all at the same place.

Jonny myself jimbob and probably a few of the other Warchiefs were planning on staying out on the Saturday night for drinks. Should be a good crowd. ?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Nico said:

Gutted I can't make this one due to a birthday clashing with it.

Pack looks great. Could I make one suggestion:

I completely agree with the philosophy of this rule. I think it rightly excludes Kairos, Kroak, the Coven Throne and Skink Starseer from messing with initiative rolls. It also rightly preserves the rules which allow you to circumvent the initiative roll entirely (since these are things you pay a premium for) - e.g. Overlords of Chaos, Engine of the Gods.

The one example I'm aware of which falls between the cracks is the Lords of the Lodge formation - this formation is a whopping 160 points (Clan Skryre autowin is 200 points for reference) which allows Fyreslayers (not exactly the popular worldbeating filth of the month) to add up to 3 to initiative rolls if 3 heroes are alive. By way of context, Fyreslayers only receive points for 4 formations, of which one if too large to even deploy in 2,000 points. They really need this formation to be viable.

Could you please allow this formation to use its special rule. Perhaps you could say:

The dice to see who takes initiative for each battle round, generate scenario effects or mission objective marker effects cannot be modified in any way (unless specifically contemplated by a special rule, e.g. Lords of the Lodge).

Or

The dice to see who takes initiative for each battle round, generate scenario effects or mission objective marker effects cannot be modified in any way (except for Lords of the Lodge which works as written).

Cheers.

Thanks for the feedback on the pack. It's always good to get early thoughts from players as we honestly expect to miss something and want every player to have an enjoyable experience. 

The TO team are collating feedback from players over the next week from play testing etc. We'll then be meeting to discuss any final tweaks that may need to be made to tighten the rules up and make necessary improvements.

many thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave Fraser said:

Lots of chat on the Bristol AoS group so hopefully get more sign ups from us.

You should have my money now. 

That great news! Be glad to have you along. Seems that we have a great mix of people turning up for the event. Should be fun! ?

Hi all

Quick reminder to those attending that list submission is today! Please let me or the other TO's know if there are any problems.

Please do everything you can to meet deadline as we have specific deadlines to meet based on the list info and food choices.

Thanks to all in advance! ?

12 hours ago, John Harrison said:

The list checking guys have no problem with your list. 

Rgds

Jonny

I only listed one in my e-mail, however asked if it would be ok for a duplicate list to be accepted, with the only change being one artefact (given they have to be listed).

Just gives me an option each game of what the Cabbage runs with each game.

I don't think I received a reply (other than the discount code).

1 hour ago, John Harrison said:

Hi Chris,

I should have been a bit clearer. The email with your list(s) is fine. Same list different artefact. 

We are looking forward to seeing your angry cabbage on the field. 

Best rgds

Jonny and the Warchiefs

Awesome. Cheers Jonny!

Gonna be a blast. I should probably look to pick out a grudge, I tend to like doing that (presuming they are allowed).

Perhaps James @The Blightking...he beat me in doubles, can he do the same in singles (probably!) or maybe @jonwarmington who I'm yet to play at AoS...

Edited by Chris Tomlin