Cities conversions and ideas

Zadolix

18 hours ago, whiskeytango said:

Really awful picture, and very WIP, lots of sculpting and gap filling to go, but a Sisters of Sigmar Anointed I'm working on. All of my units are Old Empire themed, so my Phoenix Guard are Sisters, my Shadow Warriors are Halfling Scouts, etc.

Anointed.jpg

That bottom half and head are these from the new Adepta Sororitas ? The Sister Hospitaler maybe ? :)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, whiskeytango said:

that's right, with a Greatsword torso and mashed together hammer.

Its a darn nice conversion :)
The hammer is a bit finicky and I can see it breaking a lot while taking to long to make en masse for each model individually, but I really like the take you `ve chosen here. Instead of protection of the Ur Phoenix your Phoenix Guard/Sisters of Sigmar are protected by their devotion to the God King himself!

Now if we only got Mr. Propper Head delivering righteous fury with his massive hammer a.k.a Warrior Priest of Sigmar back, that would be amazing (I miss him so much, was always a huge fan of these and how they were portrayed in the artwork and the PC games that featured them).

• Like 1

On 2/11/2020 at 5:43 PM, whiskeytango said:

Really awful picture, and very WIP, lots of sculpting and gap filling to go, but a Sisters of Sigmar Anointed I'm working on. All of my units are Old Empire themed, so my Phoenix Guard are Sisters, my Shadow Warriors are Halfling Scouts, etc.

Anointed.jpg

I made something similar for my phoenix guard! 

IMG_20200210_061940_872.jpg

• Like 15
  • LOVE IT! 1

41 minutes ago, Ravenborn said:

BBECFEB7-C1EC-45F3-8AE8-F8BB6D9F0ECF.jpeg.fc5f5bf3691167deb53f76c6bfca3da6.jpeg

56F858B0-C522-48B8-8BEB-06890FDE670F.jpeg.92306365a4ef677a7874595caca7e3fd.jpeg

Working on my Dark Elf themed Hurricanum, which I’ll also use as my Bloodwrack Altar for my Daughters of Khaine army. I’ll have a different crew for this when using it for my CoS. 

I`ve been thinking for something similar for my Bloodwrack Shrine, since I really dislike the concept of "oh this big thing ? It moves by magic"..... yeah no thanks this big thing moving by magic looks stupid AF (Only in My case I am looking for snakes to pull instead of cold ones :) )
Unlike the original I like yours much better! ;)

Edited by Myrdin
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

There has been a lot of talk in this forum about alternative miniatures to give your CoS army different flavor and aesthetics.
I just got this in my newsletter feed and though I`d share it with you guys. Someone might find it interesting for their thematic CoS project.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Well, the first list I conceived would be rather simple:

Warden King:

https://www.sciborminiatures.com/pow.php?absol=1&co=i/2018/big/dwarf_lord_nurgrok_01.jpg

RunePriest:

https://www.sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.php?art=3347

Cogsmith would probably be Games Workshop.

I don't know about the Lord Ordinator, might keep him Stormcast.

Hurricanum would be the carriage. 

Replace the wizards on it with the following models:

https://www.sciborminiatures.com/pow.php?absol=1&co=i/2018/big/dwarf_wizard_3_01.jpg

https://www.sciborminiatures.com/pow.php?absol=1&co=i/2017/big/dwarf_wizard_01.jpg

Replace the Horses with the follow:

https://www.sciborminiatures.com/pow.php?absol=1&co=i/sierpien_2010/big/war_bear_3_01.jpg

https://www.sciborminiatures.com/pow.php?absol=1&co=i/sierpien_2010/big/war_bear_2_01.jpg

Longbeards become:

https://www.sciborminiatures.com/pow.php?absol=1&co=i/2018/big/dwarves_lion_guard_04.jpg

Irondrakes I'll either use GW sculpts or I'll use these:

https://www.sciborminiatures.com/pow.php?absol=1&co=i/2015/big/dwarves_cannoneers_set_03.jpg

Hammerers I am also debating between official GW and/or these:

https://www.sciborminiatures.com/pow.php?absol=1&co=i/2015/big/dwarves_iron_hammers_04.jpg

And last but not least for the 4 Helstrom Rocket Battery I'd run these:

https://www.sciborminiatures.com/pow.php?absol=1&co=i/2017/big/dwarven_cannon_01.jpg

My TE list is a bit more complicated to figure out.... so I kind of just like this list for now even if it's not the best. It's simple. 

• 4 weeks later...

Afternoon all,

Just looking for some input with regards to wings for my knight azyros. As shes made from the celestine model she is very small so any ideas would be awesome (I concidered aetherwings originally but thier wings are strangely long and rectangular)

20200516_121230.jpg

Edited by BrocknerTheBear
Spelling....always spelling
  • Like 2

On 5/16/2020 at 5:20 PM, BrocknerTheBear said:

Just looking for some input with regards to wings for my knight azyros. As shes made from the celestine model she is very small so any ideas would be awesome (I concidered aetherwings originally but thier wings are strangely long and rectangular)

Drukhari scourges should be the best fit size wise. Also, looking great even without wings!

1. Dark Elves (back in The World That Was) had a character mounted on a Manticore (a beast master). I’m keen to make one and wondered if using a Chaos manticore would be doable? Perhaps counting it as a Freeguild General on Gryphon as I believe they have the same base size (or a black dragon?).

Doable?

2. What ideas do people have for city or realm-specific counts-as Celestial Hurricanums?

I’m thinking of making some kind of cold-one-pulled version for my Anvilgard army, crewed by a mage and other individuals, armed with a big flamethrower as the ‘Storm of Shemtek’.

Edited by Kierdale

9 hours ago, Kierdale said:

1. Dark Elves (back in The World That Was) had a character mounted on a Manticore (a beast master). I’m keen to make one and wondered if using a Chaos manticore would be doable? Perhaps counting it as a Freeguild General on Gryphon as I believe they have the same base size (or a black dragon?).

Doable?

You are going to have some... issues with that.  I have a Chaos Manticore, as well as a few elven dragons that don't have the rider's glued on (because I want to be able to swap the rider).  Trying to put a dragon rider on a manticore?  He doesn't fit.  The seats technically are the same size, but the manticore has a MUCH wider mane, and you will need to do a good bit of trimming to get them to fit.  Not saying you can't, just do be aware that it is going to be a good bit of work to pull off.

9 hours ago, Kierdale said:

2. What ideas do people have for city or realm-specific counts-as Celestial Hurricanums?

I’m thinking of making some kind of cold-one-pulled version for my Anvilgard army, crewed by a mage and other individuals, armed with a big flamethrower as the ‘Storm of Shemtek’.

For me, I'm planning to convert one of the KO boats eventually to have the hurricanum's spinny bits up top, and run that pretty much solely as a hurricanum w/ thermalrider cloak.  Other things that I can see as "easy" conversions would be changing the mounts out - you have the horses for the humans, though you could also pull them with some demigryphs.  Then you have Cold Ones, and the wood elf deer as other alternatives. 

If you use the Stormcast boxes to create a lord-arcanum from the evocator box, or the Lord-Celestant on Dracoth, you will have an extra mount (or two) that you can then attempt to use to pull the hurricanum, though you will need to do some significant sculpting because GW decided that those mounts TOTALLY needed to have the legs sculpted to the mount itself...

For a more dwarven themed hurricanum, you could look to put the hurricanum + mage on the back of a Magmadroth, though you are going to need to do a VERY significant amount of sculpting work to get those two kits to work together.  For a bit less conversion, grab a Stegadon and put that on the back.

• Thanks 1

On 5/20/2020 at 10:19 PM, Kierdale said:

Doable?

1. I’m modifying a Tauralon for my manticore, and plan on using the black dragon rules since my army is all dark elves. 

2. If you scroll up this page you’ll see my cold-one driven dark elf Hurricanum. I’m going to have an elf sorceress in place of the Medusa, who’s a temporary placeholder. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I just found an old Thorgrim Grudgebearer Model and I want to use it in my All-Dwarf Living City army. What should I use it as?

-Hurricanum is the obvious choice, but he is a bit small for that base and it lacks the fighting capability that Thorgrim should have

-Lord Celestant mounted? He lacks any buffs for dwarf units. I know I could give him the Druid command trait so he has a spell that could buff dwarfs but then I wouldn't have an actual Dwarf general to unlock my battleline. 

-Steam Tank? No gun though

-Hydra/Kharibdyss? Seems like a stretch

Thorgrim.jpg

Edited by Landohammer

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2020 at 4:44 PM, Landohammer said:

So I just found an old Thorgrim Grudgebearer Model and I want to use it in my All-Dwarf Living City army. What should I use it as?

-Hurricanum is the obvious choice, but he is a bit small for that base and it lacks the fighting capability that Thorgrim should have

-Lord Celestant mounted? He lacks any buffs for dwarf units. I know I could give him the Druid command trait so he has a spell that could buff dwarfs but then I wouldn't have an actual Dwarf general to unlock my battleline. 

-Steam Tank? No gun though

-Hydra/Kharibdyss? Seems like a stretch

Thorgrim.jpg

dang, wracking my brains about this. But maybe magmadroth?