Playing Cities of Sigmar: are you really?

dekay

50 minutes ago, feraxil said:

Waywatchers can be shadow warriors imo.

I have 30 GG and 3 Waywatchers.  They have all become Shadow Warriors, with the Waywatchers replacing the 3 Standard Bearers since they would be too out of place and confusing.  The 3 musicians don't stand out in the crowd and I only need them if I'm going to run more than 20 anyway.

Haven't read the whole thread yet, so this has most likely been brought up at one point or another, but for what it's worth...

The main problem that people are having with CoS win rate is that a huge contingent of our players don't really WANT to play Cities.  What they really want to do is to shoehorn their Dwarf army (or whatever) into AOS, and are using the Cities rules to do this.

I am not going to be so arrogant as to say that if you are playing "mono-race". you are playing Cities the "wrong" way.  But the whole theme/narrative/play style of Cities is where a bunch of races come together as a team, to fend off attackers.  The book wasn't written as the Duardin battle tome.  Wasn't written as the Aelf battle tome.  Not the humans, or anything else.  It's the Cities battle tome.

In short, if you stubbornly stick to one single Cities race, you are ignoring one of the major advantages that was built into the book, in the first place - flexibility.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/31/2019 at 9:44 PM, Double Misfire said:

To be fair, stubborn and inflexible is what dwarfs do 😉

Hrmpf! ....Not sure if this comment deserves a line in the Great Book of Grudges.... or keg of beer and a lamb chop at the local ill reputed watering hole! :D

Edited by Myrdin
  • Thanks 1