AoS 2 - Slaves to Darkness 2 Discussion

Overread

My guess would be the battalion increases the chance of the mortal wounds on the charge, say proc on 4+ instead of 5+, or maybe something like the once per game run and charge is an auto run of 6", or a pregame move of 6". No doubt the hero gets a beefier melee profile and/or extra wounds.

Although my ultimate preference would be that the mortal wounds on the charge are per model, and not per unit as per the current wording. That would mean it is beneficial to take a unit of 3 and throw buffs on knowing you dont get penalised by missing out on charge damage.

I have 6 chariots from back in the day so really hoping this new battalion is worth taking.

• Like 1

Doesn't seem to do anything at all to make Gorebeasts chariots worth  taking at 150 points?

It seems the idolators faction would require having a lot of warcry models too, so not really an option for me.

What exactly has the priest keyword, just khorne priests and the leader you take? 

Edited by Svalack

36 minutes ago, Svalack said:

Doesn't seem to do anything at all to make Gorebeasts chariots worth  taking at 150 points?

It seems the idolators faction would require having a lot of warcry models too, so not really an option for me.

What exactly has the priest keyword, just khorne priests and the leader you take? 

Chaos Warshrines dude ! Who become behemot AND leader, who can cast his pray twice on 2+

40 minutes ago, Svalack said:

+1 to hit for anything (including gorebeast) and one chariot gets buffed. Seems like there's better options for buffs but those in khorne you have your gorillas hitting on 2s, rellrolling 1s then wounding on 2s.. I think I'd still prefer ruinbringers though.

Edited by Rors

Most of the things coming in idolators must be on baseline of std, like warshrine being leader or cultists being battleline and the dice to charge like marauders. 

And am i wrong or cultists still dont have the mark of chaos? I mean, why the hell i want those as battleline if i cant set them a mark? 

Very disappointed at the beggining, lets see if its better than it sounds.

And the artifacts? Man this allegiance is just half cooked or something.

Edited by Ragest

1 hour ago, Ragest said:

Most of the things coming in idolators must be on baseline of std, like warshrine being leader or cultists being battleline and the dice to charge like marauders. 

And am i wrong or cultists still dont have the mark of chaos? I mean, why the hell i want those as battleline if i cant set them a mark? 

Very disappointed at the beggining, lets see if its better than it sounds.

And the artifacts? Man this allegiance is just half cooked or something.

Our whole faction is half cooked, I've been trying to sell this trash army for months but noones biting, unfortunately it's well known how ****** they are.

1 hour ago, Arkahn said:

Chaos Warshrines dude ! Who become behemot AND leader, who can cast his pray twice on 2+

I cant really see all the text from the video but from what i understand - Isn't the second prayer cast for the general only with a command trait and he only knows the idolator prayer that is for his mark. The warshrine getting +1 to cast roll is ok but i don't see it worth giving up good traits/artifacts like +d3 command points and a pregame move in despoilers

Edited by Svalack

42 minutes ago, Svalack said:

I cant really see all the text from the video but from what i understand - Isn't the second prayer cast for the general only with a command trait and he only knows the idolator prayer that is for his mark. The warshrine getting +1 to cast roll is ok but i don't see it worth giving up good traits/artifacts like +d3 command points and a pregame move in despoilers

I suppose the warshrines keep their prayers on warscroll.  Because if not, we can simply ignore all this allegiance, assume its just narrative and keep walking throught desert.

An in the end i think this is going to happen anyway because no mark on cultists on a cultists based allegiance, not so good battallion that force you you to pick the chariot as general to use the good CA and put the three units on undivided (no battleshock lmao) and (i just need to poit at this all the time because wtf) no artifacts.

if they dindt have time to end the work on std just have to say it and place it on another book, but this just wants me to buy the army like my friend or keep them in a box for 2 years waiting for a new decent battletome.

Edited by Ragest

21 minutes ago, Kyyn said:

Yes, if you get this legion and the battalion you can get 2 artifacts , but from where ? There are no artifacts in this legion....

only the one from the realm ?

Seems these rules were written by someone who did not read the battletome and forgot that artifacts are based on the damned legions and not a general thing... makes the battalion far worse by having no artifact options... ugh disappointed

1 hour ago, W1tchhunter said:

Our whole faction is half cooked, I've been trying to sell this trash army for months but noones biting, unfortunately it's well known how ****** they are.

I started playing AoS with Slaves army, but now I run them in Slaanesh force and they work much much better. Look into what God allegiance would work for you and run them there.

• Like 2

I think the allegiance has legs, but its very specific.

Untamed Beasts with the charge bonuses will tie things up very quickly and be a good chunk of wounds for your opponenet to chew through while your hammer units get into position. Probably some nice combo with Belakor to stop those harrassed by the beasts from doing anything. Alternatively, battleline Iron Golems to sit on objectives is cheap as chips and useful. Maybe there is room for Splintered Fang with their mortals too. But like people say, these guys not having marks means they cannot be buffed by prayers so? Who knows.

S2D are all about buffs and making the Warshrines leaders and having two prayers that go off on a 2+ is rather tasty. They can do extra objective stuff in a lot of battle plans while providing very reliable boosts to friendly units. You could focus on undivided and hand out re-rolls to hit, wound and charges to two units - while making anything nearby get a 6+ DPR and immunity to battleshock - I think there is definately something in that!

Gresh could also feed into this giving +1 to hit too for a CP.

Like all S2D stuff, its not outwardly powerful, but there is a lot of moving parts and buffs to take into consideration.

No artefacts is a total oversight though I feel... but going chamon and ignoring rend -1 on your warlord warshrine is a decent option!

Idolators will work well for anyone running a Ruinbringer Warband focused army, as it lets you fit a 2nd Hero into the battalion by turning one of the chariots into a Chariot Lord. You can get a feasible 3 drop going 1 Warshrine, Be'lakor and a big Ruinbringer Warband. My regular opponent often plays Ruinbringer to decent success, and my own army since the update (Glogg's Megamob) is now a 4 drop, meaning he can outdrop me again.

• Like 1

Just now, Kyyn said:

When they say Leader keyword it means Hero keyword ?

Leader is a battlefield role, which interacts with the limit on how many they can have in an army, and for the purposes of capturing objectives in some battleplans. It's actually a big deal, as now the warshrine can score extra points in some games.

37 minutes ago, Dankboss said:

Idolators will work well for anyone running a Ruinbringer Warband focused army, as it lets you fit a 2nd Hero into the battalion by turning one of the chariots into a Chariot Lord. You can get a feasible 3 drop going 1 Warshrine, Be'lakor and a big Ruinbringer Warband. My regular opponent often plays Ruinbringer to decent success, and my own army since the update (Glogg's Megamob) is now a 4 drop, meaning he can outdrop me again.

Still worse than despoilers khorne with the half charges of daemon + d3 units moving 5’, and the cost of the batallion, the gorillas and the forced undivided is too much for what Gresh do. And, the final stab, is that you have to decide between the trait Of Gresh (+1 hit) or the double pray of warshrines. 
Is too easy to fix this mess with a low effort, just give cultists marks (disable marks on someone if results on being too op, they had enought time to test it), give artifacts, let gorillas in the battallion be all marks and change Gresh Trait to a CA. 

Just now, Ragest said:

Still worse than despoilers khorne with the half charges of daemon + d3 units moving 5’, and the cost of the batallion, the gorillas and the forced undivided is too much for what Gresh do. And, the final stab, is that you have to decide between the trait Of Gresh (+1 hit) or the double pray of warshrines. 
Is too easy to fix this mess with a low effort, just give cultists marks (disable marks on someone if results on being too op, they had enought time to test it), give artifacts, let gorillas in the battallion be all marks and change Gresh Trait to a CA. 

My proposed list doesn't even have Gresh in it. It's just a way of getting very low drops in a cavalry list.

• Like 1

I think people need to drop the idea of cultists getting marks, it doesn't even fit the narrative!

They follow Chaos in a much more unrefined way. The best argument you can make is undivided but even then they aren't that far along the path to damnation to understand that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Charlo said:

I think people need to drop the idea of cultists getting marks, it doesn't even fit the narrative!

They follow Chaos in a much more unrefined way. The best argument you can make is undivided but even then they aren't that far along the path to damnation to understand that.

All fine and good if the army had anything else going for it than the hero auras...

Warshrines not being heroes and extending buffs removed one of the cool possible effects of this allegiance. And no artifacts at all seems like complete lazyness. They even forgot to give StD their own headline in the index of the book.

Also undivided being mandatory for the battalion makes it even worse than it already is and horribly overcosted for 140 pts, wauv!

Edited by Scurvydog
  • Like 1