AoS 2 - Slaves to Darkness 2 Discussion

Overread

18 hours ago, Tropical Ghost General said:

Question for the group. 

The new ETB warriors and knights from the start collecting look great, but obviously they lack the many normal options available to those units, such as swords for the knights, etc... 

So what are people using for these alternative options, considering that GW aren't bothering to offer them? 

(happy to use 3rd party or 3d printed stuff) 

Sounds obvious but I've just been using the normal kits for the units, ie. the ones sold separately from the start collecting set. Not quite as nice but they still look really great, and the warrior kits blend really well with the ETB ones. Honestly the only issues with the older knights is they don't have capes while the new ones do so it ends up looking a touch jarring when they're sitting beside eachother.

• Like 1

@Archion89 thats looking really solid now.

Nothing wrong with marauders as undivided for the battleshock immunity however you dont have any heros with the undivided mark so it wouldnt have any effect. Units have to be wholly within 12" of a hero with the same mark to benefit from the abilities, otherwise a mark does nothing. 

In Ravagers, each hero can only spend a CP to summon once per game (and must be the general for that turn to do it). So if you only had 2 heroes thats only 2 summons. You dont have a lot of bodies on the table for holding objectives so this is where summoned units really help you out. 3  heroes/summoned units is probably about right for a 1K game. I see you only have 2 units to summon but hopefully one comes in and dies so you can summon those models again. 

You will get 5 CP per game plus the 1 you bought. 3 of those go to summoning leaving you with 3 to spend on command abilities, which will all likely be used by the chaos lord making units fight twice. If one of your knight units took glaives then the lord on karkadrak should use his command ability on them but as you've gone ensorcelled weapons its probably unnecessary. 

Only thing to do now is play a few games and work out if you're happy with the balance or want to mix it up. 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

I’ve only just realised after all this time that my mammoths have been sent off to the legends bin. :(

looks like i better make them some warshrine howdahs then...

At least you will still be able to play the Mammoth since it hss got the Slaves to Darkness keyword. 

• Like 1

On 8/1/2020 at 1:02 PM, JackStreicher said:

No.

Units that can‘t see through are affected by the rule. A model does not have to be affected by the rule in order to not be seen by units being affected by the rule.

You are suggesting that the demon prince somehow un-effects affected units :P

Guys i have a question. If my DP is into a forest   and in front of him (3") there is an enemy unit wholly within that forest . Can that unit shoot or Charge DP? Thx all!! :)

3 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

Ty! And if the forest is under pitch black despoilers  ability? I didmt understand this rule very well:(

Your demon prince can look through the pitch black terrain, he also can (if he could) shoot through it.

He can charge through it and he can be charged through it (you never need line of sight for charging) ^^

• Like 1

Hi all!

So, I’m selling my BoC miniatures and have decided that S2D will be my Chaos army to replace them. Just finished building it all and have now started putting paint on it.

Looking forward to playing something new! Here’s my list:

Legion: Ravagers

Be’lakor (Whispers of Chaos)

2 x Chaos Lords on Daemonic Mounts

1 x Chaos Lord on Karkadrak

1 x Chaos Lord on foot

1 x Chaos Sorcerer Lord  on foot (Mask of Darkness)

5 x 5 Chaos Knights 

Ruinbringer Warband

I love fast moving armies so having almost everything on a mount (I’ll summon in 4 x 5 Marauder Horsemen too) will give me plenty of movement to confuse and discombobulate my opponents! Not convinced it has enough bodies to be super effective, but it should be fun and an interesting army to play against hopefully. 👍

• Like 2

Has anyone got some experience with Knights of the Empty Throne? 

I doubt they are all that competitive, as they get 2 command abilities but no way to get command points. It is cool they become leaders though, but a shame they at least did not get the 8 circles as well. 

I was looking at a unit of 6 as the general with grasping plate and annihilating charge (you really need to get that charge in) or wall of cursed iron. Adding in a shrine and sorc for buffs etc and some knights and marauders for battleline and possibly another unit of 3 varanguards.

Grasping plate giving 6" engagement range and +3" pile in, should ensure even if they charge in and kill something, they can activate again once per battle and make another nasty pile in possibly digging deep into the opponents juicy bits. I am also thinking Mark of khorne to get reroll 1s to hit and +1 wound, which will make them far stronger in combat.

There is not much more to it, the army cant shoot, dish out MWs or anything really... 

On 9/27/2020 at 12:25 AM, Tizianolol said:

Ok thx a lot @JackStreicher  . But he cant be shooted righ:)

Correct ^^
imagine it like that:

The DP summons a veil. if darkness only he can see through, so it does not hinder him at all. Enemies might blindly charge into or even through it, yet they cannot see beyond the veil and therefor not see the DP :)

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 1

On 9/23/2020 at 7:24 AM, Tropical Ghost General said:

The new ETB warriors and knights from the start collecting look great, but obviously they lack the many normal options available to those units, such as swords for the knights, etc... 

So what are people using for these alternative options, considering that GW aren't bothering to offer them? 

For the Warriors, I've mixed in old command models (banner, musician) with new heads, and they look great. The designers have made the ETBs so they are quite cohesive with the older models. I've strapped loose Fireforge halberds (very cheap but quite nice) across their backs in the spirit of ancient Roman Legionaries who carried multiple weapons. That way I can use them with either halberds or hand weapons.

On 9/22/2020 at 11:24 PM, Tropical Ghost General said:

Question for the group. 

(happy to use 3rd party or 3d printed stuff) 

I know many only counts what is in the hand of a model, but the new ETB knights all have their hand weapons on the model as well if you look closely, either strapped to their back or to their sides, so it would not be NOT wysiwyg as such. 

Frankly most people don't care either way as long as it is clear in the list which weapon profile they are using, also considering exactly that GW did not bother giving the options in the first place.

• Like 1

I just got my Be'Lakor and I have an old Bloodthirster lying around, that I got permission to run as a Demon Prince, so I wanted to try a Despoiler list for the first time.

I will be playing in a friendly match, but as it is part of a little campaign, I wanted to make sure it does not totally suck:

Allegiance: Slaves to Darkness
- Damned Legion: Despoilers

Leaders
Slaves to Darkness Daemon Prince (210)
- General
- Sword
- Command Trait: Paragon of Ruin
- Artefact: Diabolic Mantle
- Mark of Chaos: Khorne
Be'Lakor (240)
- Spell: Binding Damnation
Chaos Lord (110)
- Reaperblade & Daemonbound Steel
Darkoath Warqueen (90)
- Artefact: Trickster's Foil

Battleline
5 x Chaos Warriors (90)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
5 x Chaos Warriors (90)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
40 x Chaos Marauders (320)
- Axes & Shields
20 x Chaos Marauders (160)
- Axes & Shields
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
1 x Chaos Chariots (120)
- Greatblades

Behemoths
Chaos Warshrine (170)

Battalions
Bloodmarked Warband (180)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 142

My main question ist about how viable the command traits and the battalion are.
I will propably use this list to attack a Stormcast list with some shooting (but not an optimized meta shooting list by any means).
So I plan on using the Paragon of Ruin trait to block LoS at the start of the match, and the main killers will propably be the marauders, buffed by the Warqueen fighting first and hopefully killing something for +1 attack and then the Chaos Lord's Command trait to let them fight twice.
Edited by angry_peon

9 hours ago, angry_peon said:

the main killers will propably be the marauders, buffed by the Warqueen fighting first and hopefully killing something for +1 attack and then the Chaos Lord's Command trait to let them fight twice.

Well, since I can't edit the original post anymore (guess I need a few more posts under my belt?), and I am not currenty tired and about to go to sleep anymore, I realized, that I can't to any of that, since the Warqueen can not be part of the battalion, sadly, and the marauders would have to fight in the hero-phase, before being buffed anyway.

So maybe the synergy is not quite there, and I think I would be better off going Nurgle for now.

Edited by angry_peon

@angry_peon

sadly you Are Right...

Maybe it‘s just me, Bit it feels bad that this force is almost 2k points... feels like 1400 pts to me

6AB20C0B-F030-4CD7-9F01-ED6E442E4276.png.846ce13070dd15c12ca629ebb6f4c001.png

mhm... 

I am currently trying to build an army I can use in any Chaos Battletome by just adding some Battletome specific units/battalions. But damn S2D are do expensive for what little they do in the board