AoS 2 - Slaves to Darkness 2 Discussion

Overread

6 hours ago, NJohansson said:

To some people yes. For me Tzeentch has always been about scheming cultists, powerful  mages and scholars who sold their soul for knowledge and power. My favorite models back in WFB (lore not point vise) were Daemon princes, the powerful chaos lords (especially the dragon riding ones - Egrimm Von Horstman is probably one of my favorite character of all time) and the spawn (the constant danger of to much gifts). 

But that is fluff and taste and fluff is subjective - saying that a model does not play in accordance with fluff is like saying “I don’t like carrots” - we could argue if a carrot is good for you or not, but if you like it or not is really only up to you.

For what it’s worth - the majority of all fluff (regarding chaos) from WFB was about huge armies of marauders invading from the north led by mighty chaos champions. Fluff vise the army has always been a Horde (or a secret sect if within the boarders of the empire) and not a small elite force. Going over to AoS - a chaos warrior is really not that special any longer. In WFB they used to be elite troops - now they are killed by Stormcasts without breaking a sweat.  

It would be fantastic if we could get a new Chaos Lord on Dragon down the line! At the moment the largest monster rider we have is the manticore lord who doesn't hold up well for his warscroll and points.  It was surprising that he didn't drop some points in the FAQ update.

11 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Thanks for the tips :)
I am currently sitting at exactly 100 free available points, although maybe I can shore up some more points by dropping my kit-bashed Champion or demoting him to a unit champion... 

Some additional information my group plays Legions of Nagash, Cities of Sigmar (Dispossessed) and Disciples of Tzeentch. I am also collecting Idoneth Deepkin and play against it in friendly matches from time to time.

I´d run a unit of 10 Chaos Warhounds then. As allies of course. They have a huge footprint and can easily screen your whole army. They naturally run 6" which is also a boon. I quite like them. Throw away chaff that is fast and cheap. :)

• LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Infernalslayer said:

It would be fantastic if we could get a new Chaos Lord on Dragon down the line! At the moment the largest monster rider we have is the manticore lord who doesn't hold up well for his warscroll and points.  It was surprising that he didn't drop some points in the FAQ update.

Well you also have Archeon and the FW Khornelord on Dragon:)

22 hours ago, Rod said:

with the current book how we deal with fyreslayers hearthguard , their out-phase combat, D2 weapons and FNP 4+?

Belakor can shut down big unit for a turn. Whispers lore spell can shut down a unit for a turn if it gets through all their negates.

You can teleport stuff behind their dudes and kill the heroes, just don't engage the hearthguard.

Varanguard in empty throne can pile in from 6" negating the strike first. Not like they will have damage to kill the hearthguard.

Thanks everyone for the solid advise on where to spend my hundred points. I am also quite happy to see people speak positively about many of the units in this army. I do not mind playing the underdogs but it is refreshing to see positivity regarding the faction as @rosa pointed out.

Now I have the difficult task of choosing which of the awesome suggestions to follow. Although @Hannibal, pointed out I can also look at allies for the 100 points. Another thing I had not considered is endless spells which had never factored into my list building before.

Edited by Neverchosen

3 hours ago, NJohansson said:

Well you also have Archeon and the FW Khornelord on Dragon:)

I have Archaon but he is a named character and one of a kind. I was thinking along the lines of generic lords riding chaos dragons similar to the Zombie Dragon or Dark Elf Dragon , in a points range between 300-400 to offer more flexibility with list building and allow for model customization.

Speaking of the Chaos Manticore Lord, anyone has ideas of a way to make him a little more playable now that the Karkadrak Lord does his job for less points?

Edited by Infernalslayer

25 minutes ago, Infernalslayer said:

I have Archaon but he is a named character and one of a kind. I was thinking along the lines of generic lords riding chaos dragons similar to the Zombie Dragon or Dark Elf Dragon , in a points range between 300-400 to offer more flexibility with list building and allow for model customization.

Speaking of the Chaos Manticore Lord, anyone has ideas of a way to make him a little more playable now that the Karkadrak Lord does his job for less points?

Sadly there isn't much use for him since, like you said, Karkadrak is doing it cheaper and better.

Before he was changed, he had the +1 so save when Nurgle mark.  He was a must have in my Everchosen without Everchosen list.

They took all that away from us

14 hours ago, NJohansson said:

For what it’s worth - the majority of all fluff (regarding chaos) from WFB was about huge armies of marauders invading from the north led by mighty chaos champions. Fluff vise the army has always been a Horde (or a secret sect if within the boarders of the empire) and not a small elite force. Going over to AoS - a chaos warrior is really not that special any longer. In WFB they used to be elite troops - now they are killed by Stormcasts without breaking a sweat.  

Actually the Chaos Warriors were the horde with the guys who did great ascended to be Chosen ones.

The marauders were always the free roaming tribes joining fights to impress their gods. So basically the cannon fodder.

But all stories i read had hordes of chaos warriors lead by a chaos lord or demon prince.

I leave this "Mark of Chaos" trailer here with you guys. After watching it, it becomes clear why so many people are upset about the warriors.

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

11 hours ago, Dankboss said:

I've lost a game to Furies, as they just wait around until the last few turns then hop skip and jump over an objective. Their lack of save doesn't matter, as even if they had a 5+ they'd still be falling over to a stiff breeze.

Sphiranx is probably considered the best 100 point option overall, but that's primarily combat focused as opposed to objective play.

Fomoroid I think is not bad, especially on tables with lots of terrain; and much like how I use Dankholds, they have some decent pinning potential for other units that you want to protect from pile ins.

I never played or used Furies, but I believe it. I usually use Screamers as my summons in Tzeentch and they win games for me just by taking unprotected objectives or helping flip a deadlocked one. Furies are probably even better for it because of their higher model count.

3 hours ago, Infernalslayer said:

The Lord on Manticore - seen him in some Nurgle builds (semi decent but not outstanding IMHO). But the Sorcerer on Manticore is actually good (against the right opponents).

14 hours ago, Kurrilino said:

Actually the Chaos Warriors were the horde with the guys who did great ascended to be Chosen ones.

The marauders were always the free roaming tribes joining fights to impress their gods. So basically the cannon fodder.

But all stories i read had hordes of chaos warriors lead by a chaos lord or demon prince.

I leave this "Mark of Chaos" trailer here with you guys. After watching it, it becomes clear why so many people are upset about the warriors.

They are so much bigger and badder than other warriors ! The way it should be :D 'tis the way ... 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Enwolved said:

What am I missing here? how do you do a lot of damage with this thing? 😮

Slaanesh mark and Double-pilein with the Chaos Lord + Rolling well 🤣
edit: even without the pile-in a Khorne Mammoth once oneshotted Alarielle 👌🏻

Edited by JackStreicher

12 minutes ago, cplhicks said:

Hey guys I have a quick question. 

What happens if a unit with the mark of Slaanesh rolls a 6 to hit and they also have a ability that causes MWs on a 6 such as the DP's sword or CLODM's cursed Warhammer?  

Thanks!

Triggers both effect once:

fir the rolled 6 you gain the mortal wounds and an additional hit (which triggers no further effects)

• Thanks 1

Hey guys, what kind of list do you think works best vs seraphon? heavy magic, -1 damage weapons becouse of the scales.  Nasty teleports etc.

Mainly talking desoilers now. Do you think go max damage khorn or like plaguetouch warband nurgle? -1 shooting from nurgle doenst matter this time becouse we play melee heavy. 

I think plaguetouch can realy good since mortal wounds is a weakness of seraphon.

Tried to get myself a 2k List Starter Army for S2D (supposed to be my 3rd AoS Army now)

Be Lakor

Demon Prince

Chaos Sorcerer Lord on Manticore

Chaos Sorcerer Lord

15x Chaos Warriors

5x Chaos Warriors

5x Chaos Knights

5x Chaos Knights

Chaos Warshrine 

Batallion

Godsworn Champions of Ruin

Leaves me with 150 Points Left:

Eightfold Doom-sigil

6x Furies 

What do you guys think? Dont looking for a super competetive Tournament Army and dont like the old Marauders..

9 hours ago, Jonko said:

Hey guys, what kind of list do you think works best vs seraphon? heavy magic, -1 damage weapons becouse of the scales.  Nasty teleports etc.

Mainly talking desoilers now. Do you think go max damage khorn or like plaguetouch warband nurgle? -1 shooting from nurgle doenst matter this time becouse we play melee heavy. 

I think plaguetouch can realy good since mortal wounds is a weakness of seraphon.

Because seraphon is in the meta with bastiladons and salamanders Nurgle becomes interesting as a mark of chaos. It will be almost impossible to snipe your herpes due to pitch black, -1 to hit from the general aura, -1 to hit from look out sir. From this after los check bastiladons are hitting herpes on 6s and everything else on 5s. Pretty useful.

The only thing that pushes Nurgle back is the nerfed daemon prince that right now is awful beyond imagination compared to the khorne one. In order to have paragon of ruin, aka the only despoilers trait you want, you need a prince that also becomes your general and the general aura in khorne/Nurgle is very important

26 minutes ago, Eldarain said:

That autocorrect is both very fitting for the content of your post and worrying that your device went there repeatedly ;)

Loool didn't notice that. I am not an english speaker so the device traces the most similar word to heroes ahahahhaha