AoS 2 - Slaves to Darkness 2 Discussion

Overread

27 minutes ago, Hamartia said:

I realise a question like this has been asked before, but when it comes to modelling Bloodreavers as marauders how easy is it to remove khorne iconography?

From a thematic point of view i would rather play a 100% slaanesh army (Im not a tournement player), and while i dont hate the old marauder models, Bloodreavers are way better. I realise if i went undivided or khorne marauders then i wouldnt need to realistically change the models aside from adding a shield.

It isn‘t too hard yet it will be more of an issue to make them look Slaaneshi

1 hour ago, Hamartia said:

I realise a question like this has been asked before, but when it comes to modelling Bloodreavers as marauders how easy is it to remove khorne iconography?

From a thematic point of view i would rather play a 100% slaanesh army (Im not a tournement player), and while i dont hate the old marauder models, Bloodreavers are way better. I realise if i went undivided or khorne marauders then i wouldnt need to realistically change the models aside from adding a shield.

I think I read somewhere people used witch elves as Slaanesh marauders. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hamartia said:

I've have good results removing iconography from other models using an exacto knife, small files, and some fine grit sand paper.

Edited by begleysm

A little food for thought for people trying to make a  Cabalist list work...  The Blue Scribes have a spell (boon of Tzeentch) that allows reroll all spells within 18" for TZEENTCH WIZARDS meaning mortals too! Might be worth a second look for an ally over Kiaros  fateweaver in the magic department.

• Like 2

On 3/6/2020 at 9:42 PM, Vesper said:

The sword's regular mortal wounds on 6s is unmodified tho. But yeah D6 MW on a 5+ is tasty. I'll keep this in mind!

YVE4409.png

This is similar to a list I'm thinking of running because I like the Warriors & Knights, plus I can convert a big block of Marauders from my leftover BoK.

Minimal purchases required - apart from finding a suitable prince model.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charlo said:

A touch random but is there any Chaos S2D units cause Mortal Wounds in the Movement Phase (either their own or their opponents).

No.  You can get mortals in the charge phase with Gorebeast Chariots, Chaos Chariots, Karkadrak, and units in the Ruinbringer Warband (And the Chaos War Mammoth too...).  But those are the only mortal wounds that you can get that aren't hero phase or combat phase.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2020 at 4:42 PM, Vesper said:

The sword's regular mortal wounds on 6s is unmodified tho. But yeah D6 MW on a 5+ is tasty. I'll keep this in mind!

YVE4409.png

16 hours ago, j0lt said:

This is similar to a list I'm thinking of running because I like the Warriors & Knights, plus I can convert a big block of Marauders from my leftover BoK.

Minimal purchases required - apart from finding a suitable prince model.

My list is also kinda close to this. Note the quoted list is illegal because Godsworn battalion requires 4 units and they only have 3. I think my version is actual stronger if you drop the endless spells and upgrade one sorcerer into Be'lakor... but the endless spells are fun and for this list thematically I don't dig Be'lakor in my army.

pHaC2w6.jpg

4 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Sadly no, it only causes MWs when it dies.

Ahh, I see, I was misreading the Goring Tusk rule as a charge phase and not a combat phase rule.  So it does deal MW when it dies (whatever phase that is) and it does deal MW in the combat phase, but not any other time.

1 hour ago, Chaosoule said:

Does anyone know where you can get the right base for the mammoth? I have the war mumak from LOTR and was going to use it as a proxy, but I think the base is too small. The GW list says mammoth base is an enormous 280x210

Either make one or find a company that does oval bases that size, biggest GW does is the 170mm x 105mm

image.png.b8ebbe9edee786852af178a546c7db65.png

Edited by TaurielBlack

1 hour ago, Chaosoule said:

Does anyone know where you can get the right base for the mammoth? I have the war mumak from LOTR and was going to use it as a proxy, but I think the base is too small. The GW list says mammoth base is an enormous 280x210

Did some searching, on forums and Dr google, found a couple of links to some non-GW ones:

https://darkfantasticmills.worldsecuresystems.com/shop.html?store-page=280mm-by-210mm-Oval-Base-p122462090&category=31908167

https://sarissa-precision.com/products/280x210mm-oval-base

(If this post is inappropriate, please feel free to delete @Overread , not sure if this counts as advertising or not :(  )

8 hours ago, Chaosoule said:

I used these ( thickness should be 3mm):

https://sarissa-precision.com/products/280x210mm-oval-base

Edited by JackStreicher

@TaurielBlack - there's no problem with users linking to products/commercial websites provided that its within context of the forum (ergo gaming stuff). We only clamp down on it if users are found

1) Using click-back referral links.

2) Advertising their own products without prior agreement from the admin (Ben). 

3) Doing so in great excess and out of context (basically spamming). 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Overread said:

@TaurielBlack - there's no problem with users linking to products/commercial websites provided that its within context of the forum (ergo gaming stuff). We only clamp down on it if users are found

1) Using click-back referral links.

2) Advertising their own products without prior agreement from the admin (Ben). 

3) Doing so in great excess and out of context (basically spamming). 

Ahhh ok, no worries then, appreciate the clarification 👍

15 hours ago, Chaosoule said:

This most difficult part is not finding the base but finding the miniature 😉 Actually. Too bad most look at China...

Thanks guys for the suggestions on mammoth base, really appreciate it.

I think the LOTR model is a pretty good proxy, but yeah really wish GW would make one, I'd pay whatever they want over a grand or whatever those sharks sell the old forgeworld models for on ebay

Hope everyone is enjoying a bit of extra hobby time with the Corona epidemic!