AoS 2 - Slaves to Darkness 2 Discussion

Overread

Hello, would a chaos nurgle marked unit in a slave to darkness army count as the bold worded version Nurgle and thus proxy all the mirror match nurgle stuff where you can heal them? Would the gnarlmaw benefit them? Wondering how that would work for a teams game, if my partners STD units would benefit from my stuff

24 minutes ago, GunslingerOy said:

Hello, would a chaos nurgle marked unit in a slave to darkness army count as the bold worded version Nurgle and thus proxy all the mirror match nurgle stuff where you can heal them? Would the gnarlmaw benefit them? Wondering how that would work for a teams game, if my partners STD units would benefit from my stuff

As a Slaves to Darkness army, even if you have units with the NURGLE keyword or mark of chaos, you cannot benefit from the Maggotkin of Nurgle Army specific attributes (gaining/spending contagion points, setting up Feculent Gnarlmaw, picking traits/artifacts/spells etc.)

However, you benefit from everything that applies to NURGLE keyword units. This includes buffs from the current cycle of corruption, effects from Feculent Gnarlmaws, etc.

31 minutes ago, GunslingerOy said:

For many Nurgle rules that are worded to affect NURGLE Units without specifying friend or foe this is correct, which is part of the charm behind thoose rules. 

51 minutes ago, GunslingerOy said:

As others have said, the StD units do become Nurgle but it comes down to how the rules are written. Be sure to read carefully and make sure you clearly define how the teams relate to eachother. For example you'll need to decide if a teammates models count as 'Friendly' or not because some models like the Glottkin only affect friendly Nurgle units, whereas other abilities like the putrid blightkings healing affects all Nurgle units within 3". For the Gnarlmaw in particular, the FAQ has updated the 'Entropic Chimes' ability to only work in the commanding players charge phase, so it would only work if you're sharing phases with your teammate. 

52 minutes ago, Charleston said:

Can an allied Slaughterpriest receive the general Curse prayer?

Edit: As per 27.3.1 they can't. It's a bit unlucky because a Slaughterpriest with Curse would be great for StD

Next to 27.3.5:

Taking a prayer scripture enhancement allows every Priest in the army to know 1 prayer from a prayer scripture.

That's the "unless noted otherwise" part from 27.3.1

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tizianolol said:

Guys if I play my varanguards with 6s to hit MW weapon  with slaanesh mark, if I got a 6 to hit , it explode( slaanesh aura) + i got the effect of the weapon? What happen ?🤔

You have to chose one of effects to apply.

26 minutes ago, Tizianolol said:

Ok thx, thats sad:( now the question is : better Daemonforged blade with another mark or slaanesh with another weapon? Thats an hard decision:)

When it comes to damage Daemonforged Blade are the best weapon from Varanguard. And even if you would use Slaneesh+Ensorcelled, still Daemon Blasdes would be slighlty better.

Khorne + Daemonforge Blade is generally best combination for offense. It will give you rereoll ones close to hero, which gives you more chances to score those quite important nowadays Mortal Wounds. And if that hero is general it will give you +1 to wound.

Vs high saves there is really noticable difference there, thanks to those MW

4 minutes ago, Tizianolol said:

I m thinking about fellspear + slaanesh for unit of 3 !! As glassa cannon unit should be so mutch dmg in charge!!

Now with more armor everywhere -2 rend on charge can be useful. In 2.0 I would say it's probably not that good, but new rules gives Fellspears new lease on life.

• Like 1

Hi dudez!

This week I'll try this Knights of The Empty Throne list for a future 2 day tournament:

REGGIMENT:
 6x Varanguard (General; mark of Nurgle, Unescapable Doom, Grasping Plates)
 1x Sorcerer
 1x Lord
30x Marauders (Mark of Slaanesh)
20x Warriors (Mark of Tzeentch)
 5x Knights (Mark of Nurgle)
 1x Warshrine

1x Harbinger of Decay (allied)

It's early to know the exact point where the meta stands, but obvisously I must train against Archaon, SoB, DoK, Idoneth, Fyre and Ogors.

17 hours ago, W1tchhunter said:

Odd question, is there any S2D list that would work well with a verminlord in it?

You can't take Skaven as allies with STD...so no. 😁

In fact, nobody can take Skaven allies in the new GHB. I thought Nurgle used to be able to take Pestilens allies, but apparently even that was removed. 

Edited by yukishiro1

23 hours ago, yukishiro1 said:

You can't take Skaven as allies with STD...so no. 😁

In fact, nobody can take Skaven allies in the new GHB. I thought Nurgle used to be able to take Pestilens allies, but apparently even that was removed. 

Nurgle can not take Pestilens as Allies, but can take them as Coalition.  This means that you are still limited to 1/4 units, but you aren't limited in any way by points.  If they hadn't put the restriction in that your general can't be coalition, and you can't use coalition battleline, this would have meant that you could have done 2/4 StD, 1/4 Pestilens, and 1/4 Beasts of chaos, leaving 0 actual Nurgle units... but the general and battleline restrictions means that in a 2k game you will always have to have a minimum of 4 Nurgle units.