AoS 2 - Slaves to Darkness 2 Discussion

Overread

This is a list ill be taking to a tournament next month, the last one I'll be doing for a while due to Kruleboyz :D I can't decide what to use as artefacts though, any ideas? Worked out this will be bang on 2k when 3.0 hits. 

Screenshot_20210619-001224_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Screenshot_20210619-001237_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Screenshot_20210619-001245_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Edited by W1tchhunter

Both Chariots got big points drops!!!

I'm going to get over excited now and say I think these bad boys will be competitive this edition. Regular chariots will be great for chip damage.

120 for gorebeasts is a great counter charge option. Last edition their damage was underwhelming but this edition since everyone is less likely and they're the same they're much better relatively speaking.

Since everything else went up roughly 10% and they both went down roughly that they had a 20% swing in their favor in an edition that is only buffs for them.

Allegiance: Slaves to Darkness
- Damned Legion: Despoilers
Mortal Realm: Ghur

Leaders
Be'Lakor, the Dark Master (360)
- General
- Mark of Chaos: Undivided
- Spell: Whispers of Chaos
Chaos Sorcerer Lord on Manticore (270)
- Mark of Chaos: Slaanesh
- Spell: Mask of Darkness
Slaves to Darkness Daemon Prince (210)
- Axe
- Artefact: Doombringer Blade
- Mark of Chaos: Khorne
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (115)
- Spell: Call to Glory

Battleline
1 x Chaos Chariots (105)
- Greatblades
1 x Chaos Chariots (105)
- Greatblades
5 x Chaos Knights (170)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
5 x Chaos Knights (170)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
- Mark of Chaos: Slaanesh
30 x Chaos Marauders (270)
- Axes & Shields

Units
16 x Iron Golems (150)

8 x Iron Golems (75)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 147

First kick at a 3.0 Despoilers list. Split across a Warlord and Battle Regiment. Putting the 5+ Ward on the Sorc on Manticore.

Edited by Eldarain
Feedback
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Frowny said:

He's pointing for 3.0... i think it might fit for new points. For example, belakor went DOWN to 360.

Relatedly, Belakor seems like an incredible pick going forward, since he also benefits from the hero and monster stuff

Correct. 2000 exactly in 3.0. when you consider that I've had to take 40 Marauders because of their old minimum this list is incredibly close to being exactly the same points from 2.0-3.0 which seems an extreme rarity after the points changes.

If im not mistaken 40 marauders take 3 reinforcements, while 24 iron golems take 2 reinforcements. So 1 reinforcement above the limit of 4 for 2000 points.

Also, since battleline can be reinforce twice, marauder limit is 30, and iron golems limit is 16 since they are not battleline

@W1tchhunter If you only need one artifact then I'd usually go Mark of the High-favoured in Ravagers for the extra aura range. If you need a second then I think the Amulet of Destiny from the universal artifacts list in the rule book could be pretty handy on your sorcerer lord or daemon prince.

@Eldarain I do like your list, it's got a good mix of speed, tankiness, raw damage, and mortal wound threat. Very solid overall, but I'm wondering if you aren't losing more than you gain by making Be'lakor your general. With the abundance of command points you shouldn't need to worry about morale on the marauders, and having that +1 to wound for mark of khorne from your prince could be a really big deal. This is a list I put together tonight that I'm pretty excited to try out (points have been adjusted manually):

Allegiance: Slaves to Darkness
- Damned Legion: Despoilers

Leaders
Slaves to Darkness Daemon Prince (210)
- General
- Sword
- Command Trait: Paragon of Ruin
- Artefact: Doombringer Blade
Be'Lakor, the Dark Master (360)
- Mark of Chaos: Undivided
- Spell: Mask of Darkness
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (115)
- Mark of Chaos: Tzeentch
- Spell: Spite-tongue Curse

Battleline
30 x Chaos Marauders (270)
- Axes & Shields
20 x Chaos Warriors (400)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
5 x Chaos Knights (170)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
5 x Chaos Knights (170)
- Ensorcelled Weapons

Units
1 x Mindstealer Sphiranx (95)

Behemoths
Chaos Warshrine (185)

Everything fits nicely into a Battle Regiment for a single drop, which makes the pre-game move from Paragon of Ruin actually viable since there's a really good chance you'll have control of who gets the first turn (something that always bothered me about the trait before, no one drop battalions that could include a prince). I'm not sure, but I think the list definitely has potential, super hard to shift, lots of damage potential from the mark of khorne, and Be'Lakor can absolutely rock it in combat for a round with All Out Attack and Finest Hour. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, SpiritofHokuto said:

That looks like a good list there. Only thing I'm curious of is why Spite-Tongue Curse on the Sorc Lord? I get that most of the time you'll be casting Daemonic Power, but if you're in 12" of the enemy wouldn't Whispers/Binding have more impact than 3 MW that may get done to you? 

I do like those spells, but the issue with the majority of the lore is it's so unreliable to try to cast on a 7. If I'm not casting Daemonic Power then I'm probably in a pretty desperate situation where reliability will be extremely important so having that low casting value and consistent 3 MW makes it pretty attractive. I'm imagining a scenario like trying to clear out the last few wounds on an engaging enemy unit before the movement phase or maybe a last ditch emergency to kill a chaff unit that has made its way to my side of the board.

That being said, it just occurred to me that the universal command trait to reroll one spell a hero phase would be amazing for a ravagers sorcerer. Now I need to write up a ravagers list too haha. 

Edited by Grimrock

Hey guys! Which is our better Faction endless spell? I used to play Desolators waaaay back but just recently got back into AoS due to 3.0 and want to go as Ravagers and have 85pts left over, this is the lists ive cobbled together so far but I dont know if the Realmscourge Rupture is worth it?

Skilfingar

Allegiance: Slaves to Darkness              Damned Legion: Ravagers            Mortal Realm: Ghur

Leaders: 390pts

Styrbjorn” - Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount - 8💗 155pts

Command Trait: Eternal Vendetta     Artefact of Power: Helm of the Oppressor

Mark of Chaos: Khorne

Bjarki” - Chaos Lord - 9💗 120pts

Command Trait: Bolstered by Hatred

Haegtesse” - Chaos Sorcerer Lord - 5💗 115pts

Command Trait: Master of Magic     Artefact of Power: Arcane Tome     Spell: Binding Damnation

Mark of Chaos: Tzeentch

Battleline: 370pts

“Norsii“ - 10 Chaos Warriors - 20💗 200pts

Strovengaard” - 5 Chaos Knights - 15💗 170pts

Units: 155pts

Ulfwerenar” - 5 Wrathmongers - 15💗 155pts

Endless Spells: 85pts

Realmscourge Rupture - 85pts

Total: 72💗 1000pts

Summoning:

10 Blood Letters

9 Spire Tyrants

9 Spire Tyrants

9 Spire Tyrants

Ive gone for Spire Tyrants for my Rally the Tribes as I think they look the best model wise and they seem like one of the better cultist units out of the Warcry bands.

I feel like my army idea for Idolators didn't change much and will look like:

Warlord      
Chaos Warshrine Leader 185
Chaos Idolator Lord Leader 105
Chaos Sorcerer Lord Leader 115
Marauders Troop 270

Battle Regiment    
Chaos Lord on Karkadrak Leader 225
Chaos Lord Leader 120
Chaos Warriors Troop 400
Chaos Knights Troop 170
Chaos Knights Troop 170
Chaos Chariot Troop 105
Chaos Chariot Troop 105

Should amount to 1970 points (5 drop list) with Magnificent and Strategist battalion abilities.

Edited by Archion89
typo
  • Like 1

I’m new to AOS so forgive a noobie question.

I just found out that according to gw Furies go on 25mm bases. Mine are mounted on the 32mm ones that came in the box. Is it worth it to rebase them? 

I understand the advantage of mounting say marauders on 25mm. But is it worth the hassle for the furies? I’m not a tournament player btw

5 hours ago, Latetotheparty said:

I’m new to AOS so forgive a noobie question.

I just found out that according to gw Furies go on 25mm bases. Mine are mounted on the 32mm ones that came in the box. Is it worth it to rebase them? 

I understand the advantage of mounting say marauders on 25mm. But is it worth the hassle for the furies? I’m not a tournament player btw

I would say dont worry about it, it almost certainly an oversight since neither them nor Raptoryx were added to the Slaves of Darkness unit list. There is a faux pax to model for advantage, but basing a model on the bases that GW currently packages them in does not fall into that. Even in the base size chart it says it only matters in matched play, and from my experience, nobody actually strictly uses all the matched play rules unless they are in a tournament or practicing for one.

Also, if someone calls you out for something this minor its going to be a red flag that they arent worth playing with anyway.

Do you think with the new small unit sizes, a unit of 3 Varanguard with lances would make a good scalpel? Get a charge off and double fight with charge bonus in a key target. At that size they don’t have to worry about the coherency rules until they hit 6+ In size.

13 hours ago, Archion89 said:

Do you think with the new small unit sizes, a unit of 3 Varanguard with lances would make a good scalpel? Get a charge off and double fight with charge bonus in a key target. At that size they don’t have to worry about the coherency rules until they hit 6+ In size.

Perhaps, still might be a bit pricey but if you can get relevant buffs on them they can do work. Worth noting that as it stands now, they don't have a model designated as a unit leader so they wouldn't be able to issue themselves commands. Although that very well may change with the FAQ's. 

In Knights of the Empty Throne their stock has gone way up with access to Heroic Actions (and commands as they're a Hero). So much so I'm surprised they didn't get even a nominal points increase.