AoS 2 - Slaves to Darkness 2 Discussion

Overread

1 hour ago, Tizianolol said:

I thought because I already rolled belakor fnp, so when I reflect wounds not saved i thought my demons unit couldnt roll another fnp, am I wrong?

You can totally roll the FNP on the daemons unit, it's an allocated wound for which you haven't rolled yet with that unit.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BaronBanana said:

Question about Knights of the Empty Throne Varanguard - Can I take them as a leader any other Damned Legion as long as Archaon isn't on the table?

No. The ability to take varanguard as leaders is a rule specific to the Knights of the Empty Throne subfaction.

• 2 weeks later...

So, with the increases to Command Point availability and the possibility of boosts from the new generic Command Abilities, do people see the Ravagers getting stronger as a subfaction? I love the classic Chaos Warriors and Knights, which I know are sadly not great right now. I have a bunch of S2D I was building into an Undivided Ravager host based around them before I just lost all enthusiasm for the army. Do folks anticipate that being worth coming back to, or is it too early to tell?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RocketPropelledGrenade said:

So, with the increases to Command Point availability and the possibility of boosts from the new generic Command Abilities, do people see the Ravagers getting stronger as a subfaction? I love the classic Chaos Warriors and Knights, which I know are sadly not great right now. I have a bunch of S2D I was building into an Undivided Ravager host based around them before I just lost all enthusiasm for the army. Do folks anticipate that being worth coming back to, or is it too early to tell?

Probably too early to tell. Not sure the lack of CP was what was keeping ravagers from being strong. Knights aren't bad though, and warriors are not the hot garbage people claim (definitely could still use a boost). 

I think Slaves are getting a few boosts in AoS 3 compared to other factions simply because we have more hero and monster synergy than most and this is the hero and monster edition.

Roar on monster's is huge. We'll easily swing combats we would have lost into combats we win through breaking enemy units. I think mindstealers become a lot better.

Giving your opponent always strikes last AND no immunity to battle shock while also reducing bravery by 2 (not to mention we have other units that can reduce bravery) is a fairly decent combo for a mere 100 points!

Demon princes now get look out sir too because they have less than 10 wounds.

Edited by Rors
after thought
  • Like 1

With any luck Inspiring Presence will be gone, or at least changed to not be an auto-pass. Make Bravery matter again. 

I do think Ravagers becomes more interesting as you will have enough CP to proc command abilities and summon a unit every turn. 

Nurgle warriors backed by a warshrine can be really tanky. Khorne warriors with greatblades instead of runeshields can put in work but are probably still outclassed by marauders sadly. 

15 hours ago, Siphon said:

Unless something has changed in 3.0 with timing of Battleshock tests, right now Roar doesn’t stop inspiring presence.  Roar only stops Command abilities in the combat phase.  

Ahh, fair point. Still, it's probably worth while as an ability given how many units there are that are dependant on command abilities to pump damage.

That being said, it also says "can't receive." Do you reckon that turns off all command abilities in the combat phase or ones given outsode that phase. Like if a command ability says "in the hero phase give +1 attack to X until end of turn" would roar actually do anything?

Great to see this edition is already so clear with it's rules 😛

Edited by Rors

9 hours ago, Rors said:

Ahh, fair point. Still, it's probably worth while as an ability given how many units there are that are dependant on command abilities to pump damage.

That being said, it also says "can't receive." Do you reckon that turns off all command abilities in the combat phase or ones given outsode that phase. Like if a command ability says "in the hero phase give +1 attack to X until end of turn" would roar actually do anything?

Great to see this edition is already so clear with it's rules 😛

It's a good question, but not one we can assume we don't have the answer to given we've only received bits and snippets so far.

The article about Orruk Warclans on Warhammer community mentions that tomorrow they will cover Slaves to Darkness. I doubt we are going to get any actual useful information about the army but I am looking forward to some pretty pictures and hopefully hints of things to come.

Odds are there will be some army shots featuring Be'Lakor and Varanguard that will make me feel sad and poor...

Edited by Neverchosen

On 5/21/2021 at 7:35 AM, Boar said:

GW stated that books will be compatible.

And I saw many, many rumors and none of them were about warscrolls obsolescence. There is nothing that would point to such outcome as @Kurrilino is claiming

Still not confirming obsolescence,

but it looks like they rewrote warscrolls or whatever this will be in the future.

Or might just new point system, we will know shortly

image.png.2fc2173920b102edd182e93ee7f29cbc.png

Edited by Kurrilino

On 5/25/2021 at 12:45 AM, Tizianolol said:

I already rolled belakor fnp

Maybe I'm wrong, but I remember that FNP is when you allocate a wound or mortal wound, and rules that reflect wounds and mortal wounds to other friendly units are before allocating.

So, if Belakor uses his FNP, it's because you already allocated that wound to him, you can't reflect the same wound to another unit (and then use their FNP again).

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

Still not confirming obsolescence,

but it looks like they rewrote warscrolls or whatever this will be in the future.

Pitched Battle Profiles is table at the end of Battletomes with points, battle roles etc.. It was that way ie. separate booklet last year.

Another interesting question: verminolord corruptor with fourfold blade in kegion of the demon prince.  5+ with plaguespears is d3mw, because of artifact . But 6s are 1 mortal wounds because of plaguespears basic rule. I think with artifact 5s are d3 mw and 6s are d3 mw+1 .is this correct?:)

43 minutes ago, Sinfullyvannila said:

So with the new coherency rules; what do you guys think of Chariots for screening?

I think the best bet will be 5 man units of marauder horsemen turned sideways unfortunately. They cover significantly larger areas and are going to be more useful for grabbing objectives. Only area they're significantly weaker than the chariots is damage potential. Well, that and the fact that they look absolutely ridiculous like that, but if that's the way GW wants to write the rules then we're kind of stuck making the most of it.

I'm interested in hearing what people think about our units in general with the new coherency. It seems like knights might be a little more interesting when we're expecting a significant drop in melee damage output across the board. Chosen might be a little more interesting too since they work well in 5 man units. Of course marauders won't really be affected due to their smaller base sizes though, so the discussion might be moot. 

Edited by Grimrock
  • Like 2

Good points @Grimrock Warriors are probably the biggest loser of the new coherency rules with their 32mm bases and 1" reach. Makes a strong argument for halberds being the best loadout. Everything else tends to operate in 5's or is on 25mm bases. Some of the Warcry stuff might struggle to screen effectively. 

Chariots will be useful if they are pointed correctly. 120 is a bit of a joke for their output. Same goes for horsemen at 110. 

"On the flip side, you really need to think about Battleshock now, as only one unit can benefit from the Inspiring Presence command ability."

This is a great change. The bravery bomb list might become a viable option again.

• Like 2

Here is the updated look at Slaves to Darkness in 3.0 obviously nothing earth shattering but it is nice to see this faction being placed alongside Stormcast and Orruk Warclans as the Iconic face of Chaos.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/06/09/the-slaves-to-darkness-are-out-to-conquer-the-new-edition-and-heres-how-theyll-do-it/

Also Warshrine #Bless