AoS 2 - Slaves to Darkness 2 Discussion

Overread

Just now, Homer72 said:

You are right! I was completly wrong.

I had overead the "godsworn". And thougt it to be the ravager subfaction

(not battalion-second fault). Thank you for your quick answer and my " enlightment" ;)

No worries. I do that ****** all the time. Like, literally one page back in this thread haha.

• Haha 1

Well the Idolators have many flaws and it's a trap to count on the cultists in my opinion because marauder will always best them.

There is some situation were cultist are betters (mask of darkness on iron golem then charge and you have a 16 man +4 save reroll behind the enemy line) but marauders are more versatile and inflict more damages.

I tried some list :

Allegiance: Slaves to Darkness
 - Mortal Realm: Chamon
 - Damned Legion: Idolators

LEADERS
Idolator Lord on Chaos Chariot (120)
- General
- Command Trait: Fiery Orator 
- Artefact: Plate of Perfect Protection 
- Mark of Chaos: Undivided
- Prayer: Blessings of Chaos Undivided
Chaos Lord on Karkadrak (230)
Chaos Sorcerer Lord on Manticore (260)
- Spell: Ruinous Vigour
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (110)
- Spell: Mask of Darkness
- Spell: Whispers of Chaos

UNITS
10 x Chaos Knights (320)
- Cursed Lance
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
5 x Chaos Marauder Horsemen (110)
- Javelin & Shield
5 x Chaos Marauder Horsemen (110)
- Javelin & Shield

BEHEMOTHS
Chaos Warshrine (170)

BATTALIONS
Ruinbringer Warband (140)

TOTAL: 2000/2000 WOUNDS: 130

LEADERS: 6/6

BATTLELINES: 5 (3+)

BEHEMOTHS: 2/4

ARTILLERY: 0/4

ARTEFACTS: 1/2

ENDLESS SPELLS: 0/3

ALLIES: 0/400

The goal here is to make many charges ^^ maybe it's too risky but we have many rerollable charge solution. Is 4 drop too muche ? As always, a ranged list will kill me very fast

• Like 1

Hi Guys.  I'm trying to focus on a small start point from what I have.  I've been slowly building some warriors/knights and started painting some but need to nail a decent 1k list to build/focus toward now I have a Chaos Warshrine to pick as well.  Here's what I'm thinking for going for before branching to prior 2k lists I've posted:

Realm: Chamon

General: Idolator Lord on Chaos Chariot - Smite the Unbeliever, Nurgle (Blessings of Nurgle), Plate of Perfect Protection

Leader: Chaos Sorcerer Lord - Nurgle, Binding Damnation

Battleline: 10 Chaos Knights - Nurgle, Ensorcelled Weapons

Battleline: 15 Chaos Warriors - Nurgle, hand weapons/shields

Behemoth: Chaos Warshrine - Nurgle

Wounds - 84

990/1000 points

Edited by Archion89
  • Like 1

@Judicator very solid start for a 1K list and a good way to learn the game and skill up from there.

Only suggestion for your list would be to split the knights into 2 x 5. Yes you cant buff up a super unit however its hard to get more than 5 into melee range most times and in a 1K game I think you will get more out of having an extra unit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been thinking about how well Archaon's ability to know who gets priority next turn ahead of the opponent and Be'lakors ability to paralyze a unit until your next hero phase work together.

It's also over 1000 points in 2 models that are respectable combat monster.

What else do you put in such a list though?

10 hours ago, Rors said:

I've been thinking about how well Archaon's ability to know who gets priority next turn ahead of the opponent and Be'lakors ability to paralyze a unit until your next hero phase work together.

If you're going to invest that many points into a couple of heroes, I'd double down on them. A warshrine to give an appropriate buff out (nurgle's prayer for +1 save is too good to pass up) and a sorceror lord for Oracular Visions to give archaon reroll saves and their warscroll spell gives reroll hits and wounds too. You could go for a chaos lord as well for double activations but they don't typically keep up with archaon's speed. You'll want a screen of some sort so your opponent can't get right into the big boys; You want to dictate where and who archaon fights, so you need something in the way. Untamed beasts are our best unit for that because of their pregame move, but Chaos warriors can do a similar role if you find yourself running out of points and need to fill battleline slots. I'd say other than that, you can season to taste.

I feel like Archaeon and Belakor in the same list is too many toys and not enough boyz. I kind of feel like Archaeon in general is too many toys, he dominates the space he is in, but can only be in one place at a time. He also requires a ton of support to be used at his most effective (CL, warshrine, SL) so anything that doesn't directly support him or capture objectives is a bad fit in a list with him.

I feel like belakor kind of got the shaft, the buffs he got have nothing to do with why you would take him, so the points increase while fair just diminishes his appeal. He is now expensive enough that if you bring him you should be building a list around him, but his legion was definitely a swing and a miss. He is actually much better in a despoilers list than his own legion, which feels kind of bad. Then again building a chaos monster mash list with belakor might be fun.

5 hours ago, grimgold said:

I feel like belakor kind of got the shaft, the buffs he got have nothing to do with why you would take him, so the points increase while fair just diminishes his appeal. He is now expensive enough that if you bring him you should be building a list around him, but his legion was definitely a swing and a miss. He is actually much better in a despoilers list than his own legion, which feels kind of bad. Then again building a chaos monster mash list with belakor might be fun.

I agree Archaon + Be'lakors likely doesn't have the body count to be effective.

I strongly disagree that is Be'lakor is worse this iteration. Although I do agree his personal subfaction is a trap and his real place is in Despoilers. His previous version was purely there for Dark Master, which isn't in keeping with the character fluff wise. Competitively speaking, he's dramatically changed role. Dark Master is still amazing but Slaves have defensive tools for days. What Slaves lack is units with decent rend and damage. The new Be'lakor brings output that can chew through armour, which is something Slaves need more than most factions.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2021 at 7:56 PM, Rors said:

I was thinking of messing around with a silly list like this

- Damned Legion: Ravagers
Archaon the Everchosen (800)
Be'Lakor, the Dark Master (380)
20 x Chaos Marauders (160)
10 x Chaos Warriors (180)
Extra Command Point (50)
Total: 2000 / 2000

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Rors said:

I agree Archaon + Be'lakors likely doesn't have the body count to be effective.

I strongly disagree that is Be'lakor is worse this iteration. Although I do agree his personal subfaction is a trap and his real place is in Despoilers. His previous version was purely there for Dark Master, which isn't in keeping with the character fluff wise. Competitively speaking, he's dramatically changed role. Dark Master is still amazing but Slaves have defensive tools for days. What Slaves lack is units with decent rend and damage. The new Be'lakor brings output that can chew through armour, which is something Slaves need more than most factions.

I've said before but using Doombringer Blade with Be'lakor is pretty dangerous for enemy monsters/ heroes, as with 14" move he can jump them pretty easily. There's almost always a high priority hero/ monster in most lists, and i found it makes life for said hero/ monster hard even without Be'lakor going for them, since everything is rerolling against them.

2 hours ago, Rhodan said:

I was thinking of messing around with a silly list like this

- Damned Legion: Ravagers
Archaon the Everchosen (800)
Be'Lakor, the Dark Master (380)
10 x Chaos Warriors (180)
Extra Command Point (50)
Total: 2000 / 2000

That list looks pretty funny. How about replacing the Chaos Warriors with a Warshrine to buff Archaon? Then he may have a 2+ rerollable save. Or reroll everything. On top, the Marauders get a 6+ shrug- not the best in the world, but hey, better than nothing.

2 hours ago, Dankboss said:

I've said before but using Doombringer Blade with Be'lakor is pretty dangerous for enemy monsters/ heroes, as with 14" move he can jump them pretty easily. There's almost always a high priority hero/ monster in most lists, and i found it makes life for said hero/ monster hard even without Be'lakor going for them, since everything is rerolling against them.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't Be'lakor a named character, not allowing him to take artifacts? 

Just now, Seraphina of the Seraphim said:

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't Be'lakor a named character, not allowing him to take artifacts? 

You're correct. But that artifact you can take on the unnamed sorceror lord and it allows you to pick one hero or monster in your opponent's army and ALL of your units reroll against it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Seraphina of the Seraphim said:

That is true, but Belakor does not need the Doombringer Blade for rerolls, another hero may take it and declare an enemy hero or monster and the whole army can reroll hit and wound rolls against it. So Belakor can benefit from it without taking an artefact.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Salyx said:

That list looks pretty funny. How about replacing the Chaos Warriors with a Warshrine to buff Archaon? Then he may have a 2+ rerollable save. Or reroll everything. On top, the Marauders get a 6+ shrug- not the best in the world, but hey, better than nothing.

Thats a  good idea i just dont have a warshrine yet

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Pyrk said:

How many Chaos Sorcerer Lords is good to have for listbuilding options in StD? 1? 2?

1 is pretty much mandatory. I always have 2 for coverage. I've seen lists with 3, but thats a bit overkill unless you're building specifically for them. Probably better to put the second one on a manticore if you're looking to invest that many points.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pyrk said:

How many Chaos Sorcerer Lords is good to have for listbuilding options in StD? 1? 2?

I would say 2 on foot and 1 on manticore. This way you should always have any sorcerers available you will ever need. Never seen or used 3 or more sorcerers on foot or 2 sorcerers on manticore.

• Like 1

If there is an attack+1 unit with the effect of eyepoint doomsigil at the end of the turn and the next turn is my turn,

does attack 1 disappear immediately? Or will it be maintained until the next hero phase comes?

If it disappears immediately, I think this Endless magic is quite funny.

• Confused 1