AoS 2 - Slaves to Darkness 2 Discussion

Overread

15 hours ago, Boar said:

But they don't hit hard which is marauders schtick, this is strange take to me TBH. And warriors are better defensively than marauders if someone wants to go that route

The thing that makes marauders broken is the charge roll, not the damage. Literally no other unit in the game can hit long charges as consistently as marauders can. Their damage being good is just the icing (5 unbuffed chaos knights on the charge do slightly less than 20 unbuffed marauders, so we have other options to fulfil our damage needs),. Idolators cultists get that charge roll (albeit without an extra +1 on top) on different warscrolls, and Golems are one of the standouts because they don't need to compete with marauder damage, their value lies elsewhere.

• Thanks 1

On 2/10/2021 at 1:17 AM, Ravinsild said:

Did you happen to see my first list? I agree, I wish there was a battalion for Warriors and Chosen. 

I don’t know if it would be practical to attack with Chosen before the Knights, but the entire purpose of the chosen was to give re-roll wound rolls to my Chaos Warriors and assuming I needed to I could pray over them from the Warshrine to re-roll hit rolls (Khorne) and/or use the magic spell from the sorcerer. 

With chosen I have several sources of re-roll hit rolls, and wound rolls between the Chaos Sorcerer Lord spell, the Chaos Warshrine and the Chosen themselves. 

That's similar to what it run. I just prefer Nurgle and only charge my Knights into units already locked in combat.

Thankfully Chosen affect other chosen as well attacking later 🙂

Edited by Kurrilino
  • Like 1

Looking at glutos and I think he'd be amazing taken in StD. 18 wound 3+ with a 5+ dpr that self heals on a huge base that has a 12 inch aura of -1 to hit and can cast 2 spells at +1.

To me this just begs to be teleported into your opponents face turn 1. He could pop up and drop the slanesh mirror endless spell. His warscroll spell debuffs movement too. It's possibly enough of a durable distraction that you can pin down enough of their force to claim the objectives and win while they spend too many resources trying to deal with glutos. In some match ups this won't work at all, but even then he's still going to be worth his points.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sinfullyvannila said:

This is correct but im gonna add that you can run your markable s2d stuff as Hedonites in THAT army.

Yup, as Slaneesh Allegiance but not Hedonites keword tough so they don't get exploding hits on 6s anymore.

1 hour ago, Tizianolol said:

Guys tomorrow i play a tournament on tts , i wanna try to play slaves to darkness.  What type of list is more competitive at moment? What do you think about  knight of empty throne? Thx all

I think they can be good based on some previous posts in this thread.  Saw a 2k Khorne based KoET list on page 94 and a Nurgle on page 96 you may be interested in looking at.

41 minutes ago, Tizianolol said:

Thx a lot, i have a question about idolators.

Can i give chaos mark to warcry units lile untamed beasts? Thx a lot 

In Idolators, you can give a mark to Warcry units. It HAS to be the same mark as your Idolator Lord, however. Which means you need to have an Idoloator Lord, naturally.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, rosa said:

We just received new sculpts for them? Or do you mean outside the SC box!?

I would prefer new models for Marauders.

Yeah, I mean proper separate kits in the style of the new models but with all the weapon options and the musicians/standard bearers. The start collecting box is great but doesn't have everything you need. 

I'd love to see some new marauders as well, but I don't want to get my hopes up haha. If it's just going to be a broken realms release I don't think we'll get a full range refresh, but maybe it'll be a whole new book like slaanesh got. One can dream I guess. 

Edited by Grimrock

9 hours ago, Grimrock said:

I wonder if the new Be'Lakor model will be accompanied by a new wave of minis? Maybe we'll finally get a proper resculpt of the chaos warriors and knights.

I'd say given they tend to make him the lad who used daemons in his armies whose jealous of the mortals (dead mortal the base) probs unlikely

• Like 1