AoS 2 - Slaves to Darkness 2 Discussion

Overread

Thanks guys for spotting this mistake about the DP of Nurgle not allowed within the batalion, i m gonna rework the list and keep you in touch!!

I am not able to help you out here, because you might be my opponent in this tournament 🤣

See you there around a beer maybe :D

Fighting against Kharadron this wknd and looking for an anti-shooting list so have gone down the Despoilers/Mark of Nurgle mark for -1 to hit with shooting aura and line of site blocking terrain with a Prismatic Palisade thrown. I've gone for warriors and knights for rerolling saves/tanking damage, knowing that if anything gets into melee with KO its going to win the fight. With Look Out Sir my General will be -3 to hit in shooting!

Anyone got any suggestions to tighten up my shooting defence???

Allegiance: Slaves to Darkness
- Damned Legion: Despoilers

Leaders
Slaves to Darkness Daemon Prince (210)
- General
- Sword
- Command Trait: Lightning Reflexes
- Mark of Chaos: Nurgle
Chaos Sorcerer Lord on Manticore (260)
- Spell: Binding Damnation
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (110)
- Spell: Mask of Darkness
Be'Lakor (240)
- Spell: Ruinous Vigour
Chaos Lord on Karkadrak (230)
- Artefact: Armour of Tortured Souls

Battleline
15 x Chaos Warriors (270)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Cursed Lance

Behemoths
Chaos Warshrine (170)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Prismatic Palisade (30)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 129

24 minutes ago, Agent of Chaos said:

Fighting against Kharadron this wknd and looking for an anti-shooting list so have gone down the Despoilers/Mark of Nurgle mark for -1 to hit with shooting aura and line of site blocking terrain with a Prismatic Palisade thrown. I've gone for warriors and knights for rerolling saves/tanking damage, knowing that if anything gets into melee with KO its going to win the fight. With Look Out Sir my General will be -3 to hit in shooting!

Anyone got any suggestions to tighten up my shooting defence???

Leaders
- General
- Sword
- Spell: Binding Damnation
Be'Lakor (240)
- Spell: Ruinous Vigour

Battleline
15 x Chaos Warriors (270)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Cursed Lance

Behemoths
Chaos Warshrine (170)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Prismatic Palisade (30)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 129

Okay, what about this list => ArchaoNurgle Anti-Meta

Allegiance: Slaves to Darkness - Damned Legion: Host of the Everchosen (Third Circle)

LEADERS

Archaon the Everchosen (800)

- General - Aura of Chaos : Nurgle - Spell : Whispers of Chaos

Be'Lakor (240)

- Spell : Binding Damnation

Chaos Sorcerer Lord (110) 

- Mark of Chaos : Nurgle - Spell : Mask of Darkness

UNITS

3 x Varanguard (280)

- 3 x Daemonforged Blades - Mark of Chaos : Nurgle

3 x Varanguard (280) 

- 3 x Daemonforged Blades - Mark of Chaos : Nurgle

15 x Chaos Warriors (270) 

- Halberd & Shield - Mark of Chaos : Nurgle

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS

Suffocating Gravetide (20)

TOTAL: 2000/2000

WOUNDS: 93 LEADERS: 3/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 1/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4 ARTEFACTS: 0/1 ENDLESS SPELLS: 1/3 ALLIES: 0/400

• Like 1

@Agent of Chaos My thinking was to outdrop them as a double turn from shooting is brutal even with your measures. Extra CP, Artifact and the reflected damage in melee are nice and you pretty much have the requirements in the list already.

Having said that I'm not overly familiar with KO. If they always run a one drop battalion I admit it wouldn't be too helpful.

Edited by Eldarain

KO just dont get into melee enough to justify the battalion, plus they die to a stiff breeze so the extra mortal wounds would be overkill. 

At 10 drops I am expecting to deploy first but then its a tough decision.

Do I go first to set up my Pitch Black scenery and risk the double turn, or give him first turn and back my -1 to hit aura to protect me? Might come down to the table set up and battle plan.

Belakor helps insure against the double turn by nutrilising the biggest threat (probably the Iron Clad or Frigate) so even if its not my decision I think I'm in a good place. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Agent of Chaos said:

Does anyone know if Pitch Black terrain and/or the Prismatic Palisade blocks line of sight to flying units?

I would think so as both reference the line passing over them. Eliminating any potential for arguing about drawing the line in a way to negate etc.

Edited by Eldarain

10 hours ago, Agent of Chaos said:

Does anyone know if Pitch Black terrain and/or the Prismatic Palisade blocks line of sight to flying units?

Dont know the exact wording on the Pitch Black rule, but flying has zero effect on anything in regards to line of sight unless a rule specifically says so. Flying only ignores terrain when doing a move.  

Overgrown terrain specifically mention that if either unit is a flying unit then you have line of sight. but to my knowledge this is the one of the only cases where fly ignores LOS. 

Edited by Kasper
  • Thanks 1

My Nurgle Despoilers anti shooting list proved effective 🙂 Managed a tight win over KO,  17-15 in battle for the pass.

KO got the double turn from 1 into 2, focus firing the warshrine off the table and slaying Belakor, but my knights rerolling saves held the middle objectives for a 10-2 lead at top of 3. My highlight was 3 knights with ensorcelled weapons & daemonic power absolutely snotting a Gunhauler.

KO won priority and finally took the centre objectives back through weight of numbers. I activated Belakor's dark master ability on his 400 point squad of balloon boys and they passed both 5+ rolls to move behind a screen of arkanauts  and shoot my knights :( :( :(  I only scored my home objective but still led 11-7 at top of 4.

I finally won a priority roll and took back the right side objective, the Karkadrak finally taking down the Frigate before being smashed by the Endrinmaster while the Sorcerer on  Manticore shredded a squad of arkanauts. KO held the left side objective but couldn't retake the right by a model or 2. Slaves led 14-10 at the top of 5.

KO won its second double turn of the game, taking both centre objectives and reducing the slaves force down to the 2 sorcerers and 15 warriors, taking the lead for the first time 15-14 going into the final slaves turn, but not before  the sorcerer lord on foot finally rolled hot and finished off the 2nd gunhauler. The warriors were out of the game so it was down to the 2 sorcerers to assault the remaining arkanauts on the right side objective and the manticore did not let me down, --wiping out the squad and earning the extra points for the 17-15 win!  

Will definitely run this list again. The Karkadrak with the reduce rend by 1 artifact and rerolling saves is a tank, -3 to hit with shooting general putting out 18" -1 to hit shooting aura was super annoying, the warshrine soaked up a heap of shots, knights with ensorcelled weapons and mark of nurgle are no joke!

Slaves vs KO.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dankboss said:

Slaves to Darkness had a great outing in tSports Network's Super Series, beating Eel spam Idoneth and Daughters of Khaine.

Nice. Link for it?

On 9/10/2020 at 1:11 AM, Agent of Chaos said:

Yes, it blocks.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

You know in that despoiler list what units are part of the battalion? In total there are more then 7! I mean in tsports supereries . I love that dispoilers list!!

It would have to be:

Karkadrak 

Sorcerer lord

Sorcerer lord

Knights x 10 

Knights x 5

Horsemen x 5

Marauders x 20

Warshrine

As you need 1 Mortal StD hero and 7 units (and Heroes are units) 

Was listening to  Vince Venturella's Warhammer Weekly podcast about the anti-meta and the first army they suggested was Slaves, with particular attention to Nurgle! Seems I'm on the right track with my anti-shooting, mortal wound resistant list and after the recent win against KO I have tweaked it slightly, dropping the palisade endless spell and 5 warriors for a chaos lord and swapping 5 knights with glaives for 20 marauders. In the last game the 15 warriors babysat an objective and nothing else so I figured dropping to 10 wouldnt hurt, the palisade was never cast while it would have been useful to have the lord on karkadrak or knights fighting twice so hopefully the chaos lord is a good choice. I also felt marauders were a better choice then glaive knights in this list, I can mask of darkness them somewhere and bank on the charge or hold em back for a second wave charge as I did with the knights in the first game.

Leaders
- General - Sword
Be'Lakor (240)
- Spell: Call to Glory
- Spell: Spite-tongue Curse
Chaos Lord (110)
- Daemonbound War-flail

Battleline
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
10 x Chaos Warriors (180)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
20 x Chaos Marauders (160)
- Axes & Shields

Behemoths
Chaos Warshrine (170)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Wounds: 131

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sneedlewoods said:

Yes you can, but the units in the battalion still have to be S2D - so you won't be able to fit in DoT Mortals in this battalion, afaik.

Warriors and marauders are battleline all the time only conditional battleline like knights would be an issue.

6 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

@Agent of Chaos with your list i suggest to find points for plaguetouch battalion. It reduce drastically your drops and his ability its not bad! 

Only problem is that everything in the list has a purpose. I already feel I'm at the low end of units so wouldnt want to drop a unit for the battalion and dont know which hero(s) I would drop to fit it in, noting that I cant take the daemon prince in the battalion. 

Also keep in mind its an anti meta list for the likes of Tzeentch, KO, shooty Cities/Stormcast armies and those are opponents I am confident of winning in melee against without the extra mortals from plagetouched. 

Getting Plaguetouched Battalion is not a bad idea.

The Meta is Shootcasts, Shootadron, Shootinodons and Shootzneetch.

They want to shoot first and they want to shoot twice. That is why they go for 1, 2 or 3 drops because of this one simple rule :  if you roll an equality, the first player gets the double turn.

So, unless you play Archaon and you get your Dark Prophecy, they will have this +16% chance of double shooting your ballz.

My suggestion is, praise The Sacred -1 hit of Daddy Nurgle, get 1 drop, ram their a**, enjoy the Anti-meta smell of Victory.

FC22DA8A-A021-42BE-AA78-AEC93232A107.png