Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Overread

AoS 2 .0 - Slaves to Darkness 2.0 Discussion!

Posted (edited)

@JackStreicher Yes. As your piling in makes the units you end up within 3" of eligible to be selected.

Edited by Eldarain
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

I have a general question:

assuming it’s the opponent’s turn to pick a units to fight but there‘s none left. Then it‘s my turn to pick a unit  and I decide to pile in with a unit that has  a 6“ pile in into an enemy unit that hasn‘t fought yet: is the enemy allowed to hit me back after I have attacked?

I would say yes because there is not a "pass turn" mechanism as such. 

However you need to make sure that the 6" pile in allows you to pile in a unit that isn't at 3" or less of you.

(I know it sounds confusing but except if the rules have changed I believe this is the case). 

6 hours ago, Ninelives said:

I would say yes because there is not a "pass turn" mechanism as such. 

However you need to make sure that the 6" pile in allows you to pile in a unit that isn't at 3" or less of you.

(I know it sounds confusing but except if the rules have changed I believe this is the case). 

So, for anyone that’s confused, the Pleasurebound battallion lets you pile in 6”, but you have to already be within 3” to initiate this pile in move.  (Pending a model from your battalion died to activate this ability FYI)

other abilities, such as the Varanguard Knights of the Empty Throne ability Grasping Plate allow you to be eligible to pile in from a 6” distance instead of 3”, and allow you to pile in an extra 3” (6” total pile in).

• Like 1

Hey, just musing...has anyone tried putting Archaon into a Despoilers group? I mean, him being immune to anything needing LOS by having any part of him obscured by any amount of terrain...rotten? Honestly, gonna try it. I know he has to chill w/DPs to work. But still a very rotten thought process. 

4 hours ago, TimeToWaste85 said:

Hey, just musing...has anyone tried putting Archaon into a Despoilers group? I mean, him being immune to anything needing LOS by having any part of him obscured by any amount of terrain...rotten? Honestly, gonna try it. I know he has to chill w/DPs to work. But still a very rotten thought process. 

Sounds intriguing. Giving up quite a few buffs to the main man and his army in Host but I could definitely see a Despoilers list with him and Belakor being very powerful.

On 5/22/2020 at 7:43 AM, Midjithero said:

So, for anyone that’s confused, the Pleasurebound battallion lets you pile in 6”, but you have to already be within 3” to initiate this pile in move.  (Pending a model from your battalion died to activate this ability FYI)

other abilities, such as the Varanguard Knights of the Empty Throne ability Grasping Plate allow you to be eligible to pile in from a 6” distance instead of 3”, and allow you to pile in an extra 3” (6” total pile in).

^ This

Most people play it wrong. You can have pile in of 392 inches and it doesn't matter if you are not already within 3"

To pile in you need to check one of those 2 conditions.

- Successfully charged (end the movement within 1/2 inch)

- Being within 3"

2 hours ago, Kurrilino said:

To pile in you need to check one of those 2 conditions.

- Successfully charged (end the movement within 1/2 inch)

- Being within 3"

Also, one thing that I wasn’t really aware of...say you charge 2 squads of Knights into lets just say Skinks.  The first squad of knights is selected to fight and wipes out the skinks.  On your next activation, you can still pile in those 3”, possibly getting to hit another of your enemies unit!!

this was crazy once I figured this out, so many wasted opportunities! Sorry just a fun little tactics snippet :) 

5 hours ago, Midjithero said:

Also, one thing that I wasn’t really aware of...say you charge 2 squads of Knights into lets just say Skinks.  The first squad of knights is selected to fight and wipes out the skinks.  On your next activation, you can still pile in those 3”, possibly getting to hit another of your enemies unit!!

this was crazy once I figured this out, so many wasted opportunities! Sorry just a fun little tactics snippet :) 

You got it buddy, as long as we had a successful charge, we can pile to our hearts desire. 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 5/21/2020 at 8:42 PM, Roark said:

Hoping to get clarification on some rules interactions:

It's the combat phase in my turn. I have two CPs. I have a unit of Chosen and Marauders in contact with an enemy unit, which has been Dominated by my Sphiranx. The 3 are the only units in melee contact on the whole board. Both of my units are wholly within range of a Chaos Lord's command ("Spurred by the Gods").

Can I basically activate, pile-in and fight 4 times (2 x Chosen, 2 x Marauders) before the enemy gets to activate and attack at the end of the combat phase?

ie: I activate. Enemy has to pass. (x4) and then it's the end of the combat phase and the enemy can attack?

Is that how it works, or have I missed something? Thanks.

You sure can.

Only condition is that an enemy is within 3"

• Thanks 1