AoS 2 - Slaves to Darkness 2 Discussion

Overread

8 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

@Agent of Chaos how did you get 5cp? ^^ you can only get cp via battallions and you can only buy one.

apart from that I made similar experiences. (Yet I have to add that the Chaos Lord on foot is a super hero slayer)

He starts Round 1 with 1 CP, 1 CP due to the Battalion and I'm not sure, did he got the Diabolic Mantle for D3 CP at the start of the battle? If you buy another one for 50 pts less, you could have 6 in total at Turn 1. :-)

• Like 1

Going to be playing with my Despoilers list for the first time tonight. Mainly I want to crush stuff with Soul Grinders, but should be a solid list.

Despoilers, 2k, All marked Slaanesh were possible.

Daemon Prince: General (Paragon of Ruin), Sword, Doombringer Blade

Daemon Prince, Axe

Be'lakor, Whispers of Chaos 

Chaos Sorcerer Lord on Manticore,  Mask of Darkness

3 * 5 Horsemen with Axes

20 Marauders with Axes

3 * 1 Soul Grinders (1 Sword, 2 Talons)

Prismatic Pasclade.

Hope is that the Pascalade works well with Twisted dominon to shut down lines of site against shooting lists.

Other synergy is Doom Blade with Soulgrinders, as it works on shooting as well as Melee. So one enemy monster/hero should be marked for a very swift death. 

Horsemen are a bit of a stand-in until I can get more Marauders built (converting them).

On the topic of S2D having missed a mark I guess the most frustrating part is that GW just ignores it and they don‘t say „hey guys, maybe we were a little too tame with S2D, check out this new FAQ with slight reworks“ - everyone would be happy!

So we‘ll have to wait another 2-5 years until there might be changes for us.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Agent of Chaos said:

I cast it on the sword of judgement Daemon Prince, gave him reroll saves and popped his command ability, charged over the front lines and into the Doombull.

Since I read this a couple of times now in this thread:

You cant give Oracular Visions to a Daemon Prince  since he lacks the Keyword Mortal. Same with the Tzeentch Warshrine Prayer. Only for Mortals.
Would be great, but GW says no.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Nasnad said:

How does the chosen models compare to the new warriors? .. Any good alternative conversions or models that would fit in well? .. 

I‘d recommend to do the following:

Depending on the Mark you‘ll give them you could use the following models:

-Blightkings, Bloodwarriors, conversion of Melusai for Slaanesh, Chaos Warriors with Kairic Acolyte Weapons for Tzeentch

23 minutes ago, Agent of Chaos said:

What does your usual list look like?

I dont have everything painted up yet, but something like this:

grafik.png.7da519ca81d1d04b13e7af91c335587b.png

Definitely room for improvement though. Chaos Warriors are my favourite unit, although I think it would be better to just have more Marauders.
Not sure though, need more testing when I finished the marauder models.

I also think Furies are underrated as well, but I cant them them in this list unfortunately. Everything is just really expensive in points.

• Thanks 1

Yeah you are right, but I am not sure yet.. I feel like all the Legions dont do that much for me.
Maybe I will take the Mantle for D3 command points. Then I need to go Despoilers.

Its also nice to have the 18'' aura for my General though. Kinda want to have the DP to be Khorne for his CA, so he cant be the general in my case.

But will definitely try Ravagers as well.

Edited by Enwolved

42 minutes ago, Enwolved said:

I dont have everything painted up yet, but something like this:

grafik.png.7da519ca81d1d04b13e7af91c335587b.png

Definitely room for improvement though. Chaos Warriors are my favourite unit, although I think it would be better to just have more Marauders.
Not sure though, need more testing when I finished the marauder models.

I also think Furies are underrated as well, but I cant them them in this list unfortunately. Everything is just really expensive in points.

Nice list so. You really should go and test this as ravagers.  Always nice to have 10 Marauders spawn at an edge and steal an objective if the opponent doesn't watch out. Or you bring some furies early on... ;-)

Can't really see what despoilers does for you in this list, if you aren't takin' the diabolic mantle. 

Edited by Sneedlewoods

I think we need to carefully seperate two sets of facts here. 

S2D has probably 2 extremely competitive archetypes, like oppression tier if played by a good enough player.

On the other hand, all the reasons a person might be interesting playing S2D are not included in those lists by default, but you could compromise the list sort of to include some of them. 

The thrid problem is the game is actually moving away with a lot of speed from the things that make Knights and Warriors actually a sort of strong. Concentrating your points in infantry units, that are not either extremely offensively powerful and durable, or able to take 4+ rounds of high end combat dmg is on its way out.

5 man knight units are actually alright as mobile walls, they generally take more than their points to remove, but they aren't at the peak of the role, so often cheaper units will be surperior because you can get more of it.

16 minutes ago, Sneedlewoods said:

Nice list so. You really should go and test this as ravagers.  Always nice to have 10 Marauders spawn at an edge and steal an objective if the opponent doesn't watch out. Or you bring some furies early on... 😉

Can't really see what despoilers does for you in this list, if you aren't takin' the diabolic mantle. 

I'll test everything out, you gonna see it live soon, I'll promise.

But gonna go with Archaon again on the weekend, since I dont have enough new models painted up just yet. See you on saturday! Looking forward to it!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Enwolved said:

I'll test everything out, you gonna see it live soon, I'll promise.

But gonna go with Archaon again on the weekend, since I dont have enough new models painted up just yet. See you on saturday! Looking forward to it!

I'd go S2D, too but didn't get everything painted up unfortunately. Gotta go LoN again. :-S

Until the next tournament I'm going to try this one:

Allegiance: Slaves to Darkness

- Mortal Realm: Hysh

- Damned Legion: Host of the Everchosen (Sixth Circle)

LEADERS

Archaon the Everchosen (800)

- General

- Aura of Chaos : Khorne

- Spell : Binding Damnation

Chaos Lord (110)

- Reaperblade & Daemonbound Steel

- Artefact : Aetherquartz Brooch

- Mark of Chaos : Nurgle

Chaos Sorcerer Lord (110)

- Mark of Chaos : Tzeentch

- Spell : Mask of Darkness

UNITS

3 x Varanguard (300)

- 3 x Ensorcelled Weapons

- Mark of Chaos : Khorne

3 x Varanguard (300)

- 3 x Ensorcelled Weapons

- Mark of Chaos : Khorne

40 x Chaos Marauders (300)

- Axes & Shields

- Mark of Chaos : Nurgle

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS

Eightfold Doom-sigil (40)

Burning Sigil of Tzeentch (40)

TOTAL: 2000/2000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 0 WOUNDS: 101

LEADERS: 3/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 1/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4

ARTEFACTS: 1/1 ALLIES: 0/400

Might also try some alternatives with a Warshrine or a CSL on Manticore.

Anyone already made any experiences with a list like that?

This is what I've run the past 3 games and had a ton of fun with it.

Chaos Sorcerer Lord 260pts
Role: Leader, Behemoth
Quantity: 1
Command Trait: Master of Deception
Artefact: Argent Armour
Spell: Binding Damnation
Mark of Chaos: Nurgle
Aura of Chaos: Aura of Nurgle

Chaos Sorcerer Lord 110pts
Role: Leader
Command Trait: Bolstered by Hate
Spell: Whispers of Chaos

Chaos Lord 250pts
General
Command Trait: Eternal Vendetta
Artefact: Rune Blade

Chaos Lord 110pts
Command Trait: Flames of Spite
Weapon: Reaperblade
Weapon: Daemonbound Steel

Be'lakor 240pts
Role: Leader, Behemoth
Spell: Spite-tongue Curse
Aura of Chaos: Aura of Chaos Undivided

Chaos Warriors 400pts
Role: Battleline
Quantity: 20
Upgrade: Aspiring Champion
Upgrade: Hornblower
Upgrade: Standard Bearer
Weapon: Chaos Hand Weapon(s)

Chaos Knights 180pts
Quantity: 5
Upgrade: Doom Knight
Upgrade: Standard Bearer
Weapon: Cursed Lance

Chaos Marauder Horsemen 90pts

Quantity: 5
Upgrade: Horsemaster
Upgrade: Icon Bearer
Weapon: Marauder Javelin

Chaos Warshrine 170pts
Role: Behemoth

Plaguetouched Warband 180pts
Role: Battalion

22 minutes ago, Gistradagis said:

But that's one! Or three! Not two! 😛

The first 2 are one group of Marauders . If spelled right it would be (Marauders,Marauders) and Marauders.

The first group is so marauders heavy that the unit is called "Marauders,Marauders"

Or maybe he has some insight into a beta version of a new battalion called that. According to the existing synergies i guess it let you reroll spell rolls made by marauder units and they get every mark but you have to chose which one at the beginning of the game.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

The first 2 are one group of Marauders . If spelled right it would be (Marauders,Marauders) and Marauders.

The first group is so marauders heavy that the unit is called "Marauders,Marauders"

Or maybe he has some insight into a beta version of a new battalion called that. According to the existing synergies i guess it let you reroll spell rolls made by marauder units and they get every mark but you have to chose which one at the beginning of the game.

Reroll casting rolls would be too OP though, it’ll be something like, “ in your hero phase, if this unit makes a successful cast, then they get to reroll casting values of 1.  This effect last until your next battleshock phase.  In addition, this unit can never benefit from abilities that allow you to cast spells”

• Haha 3