Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Overread

AoS 2 .0 - Slaves to Darkness 2.0 Discussion!

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Lou_Cypher said:

Varanguard with Artefacts and Command Traits might be fun in the new book.

yes! I hope those new Allegiances include good buffs to our mortal units as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not too sure if you can have that, AND still be Sixth Circle though. Hopefully we can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If malign sorcery isn't in play you don't actually get an artefact or command trait whilst being sixth circle anyway. The benefits of projecting their own Aura of chaos, being able to spend command points on the generic abilities and gaining lookout sir are pretty big buffs on their own though.  

I guess we need to see how subfaction selection works.

Edit: Sadly warscroll builder has Fist of the everchosen as their own allegiance entirely.

Edited by Spears

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if I am running Ravagers and have a unit of Varanspire is that 3 more chances to summon or just the one as they get a turn to become general?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure if the new sub faction will work with our sub factions. Typically you pick one or the other, so this would likely be instead of running ravagers or host of the everchosen. Might be different in this book though.

Either way I'm sure it's going to get a page of errata explaining how a multiple model unit of heroes works. If anyone is planning on running that probably best to wait until the FAQ drops before planning combos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone notice the three slaanesh options (Lurid Haze, Faultless Blades & Scarlett Cavalcade) all mention the 3 Slaanesh hosts in their abilities (Invaders, Pretenders and Godseekers)? This would suggest the slaanesh options are tied to a specific host and the abilities are in addition to their host's abilities (because Slaanesh clearly needed a boost... sigh...) however that doesnt appear to be the case with the Slaves, khorne or Tzeentch ones (Nurgle dont have any hosts as their tome is super old).

Now what Slaves and Slaanesh have in common is that they MUST choose one of their host/legion options when writing a list whereas Khorne slaughterhosts and Tzeentch Change Covens are optional to take.  

So in the case of the Varanguard or Belakor options, this either means they are usable with and in addition to your chosen damned legion (and are not tied to a specific legion) which is a pretty neat additional buff for no cost, or they are used instead of one of the four damned legions (hopefully not the case as we could really use the extra buffs). 

Looking deeper, Belakor's option is literally called "LEGION of the first prince" which doesnt bode well for being able to also take Despoilers/Ravagers Legion however Knights of the Empty Throne just references giving your army the keyword so maybe it fits in the Everchosen Legion or one of the others... heres hoping! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone been able to get an answer on what Dark Apotheosis and Daemonic Legions do (on the Eye of the Gods table) for the Darkoath Warqueen and Darkoath Cheiftain?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A bit of a dumb question, but a list I saw today is making me doubt myself. The Despoilers' Sacrilegious Might ability only gives the 5+ FNP to your DP general, right? Cuz I saw a list with 4 DPs + Be'Lakor and the dude spoke about how they were all fairly resilient with a 5+ FNP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bloodmoon said:

yes its only the general. 

Ah, thanks. It was so confusing...

I'm still trying to build a Despoilers list and going with tons of DPs, a soul grinder and then some base battleline troops is really tempting. Otherwise, perhaps some DPs with a ruinbringer warband.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any mileage in the Pleasurebound Warband? It's got the lowest drop requirement of all the god marked battalions, so much so that dropping Archaon into it is doable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting the hero key word for knights of the empty throne seems like a bit of a trap... I guess they now self buff being StD heros with the key word, but in a 2000 point game you can only get 6 heros and that's 3 spots for a single unit. Unless the 'unit' is the hero?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Oldshrimpeyes said:

Is there any mileage in the Pleasurebound Warband? It's got the lowest drop requirement of all the god marked battalions, so much so that dropping Archaon into it is doable. 

Spawn are mortal, can be given any God keyword and are dirt cheap. They're a great filler for God betalions. They're not great units but they do get a lot better in a hero's bubble, and it should be easier to keep them in range as single spawn units take up a very small area.. so you could probably fit Archaon into any of them.

That doesn't answer your question about the the pleasure bound warband, but getting it to proc needs you to loose stuff and have out manoeuvred your opponent. I don't rate it very highly personally. I suppose it'd be helpful against armies with lots of stike first.

 

 

Edited by Rors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rors said:

Getting the hero key word for knights of the empty throne seems like a bit of a trap... I guess they now self buff being StD heros with the key word, but in a 2000 point game you can only get 6 heros and that's 3 spots for a single unit. Unless the 'unit' is the hero?

 

The limiter is not the hero keyword but the leader tag on their pitched battle profile. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hearing some rumours from some high level players that some juicy STD lists with daemon allies are being built up atm.  I have wracked my brain all day trying to find good combos with battalions but I honestly can't see how it all fits in 2000 points.  Anyone got any decent lists like that to share?  Or maybe thoughts on what these players might be eyeing off?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Death1942 said:

Hearing some rumours from some high level players that some juicy STD lists with daemon allies are being built up atm.  I have wracked my brain all day trying to find good combos with battalions but I honestly can't see how it all fits in 2000 points.  Anyone got any decent lists like that to share?  Or maybe thoughts on what these players might be eyeing off?

I'm assuming tossing in buffing heroes. Stuff like the harbinger of decay, blue scribes, contorted epitome, etc. There are a good number of synergies you can pull in from other armies. 

In other news GMG dropped their book review for wrath of the everchosen. Looks like the writers headed off any varanguard hero shenanigans and made it so they can only take traits and artifacts from a specific list for that army. They look... Ok. Not sure if it's worth losing out on the host of the everchosen benefits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Death1942 said:

Hearing some rumours from some high level players that some juicy STD lists with daemon allies are being built up atm.  I have wracked my brain all day trying to find good combos with battalions but I honestly can't see how it all fits in 2000 points.  Anyone got any decent lists like that to share?  Or maybe thoughts on what these players might be eyeing off?

Well, I've seen Be'Lokar's legion and it looks promising. You bring a bunch of cheap demons and make him practically immortal (as long as there are demons around him).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I was destroyed by hearthguard ,  stupid unit attacking twice 3+3+  rend 2  damage 2  my knights dying like flies. Seriously what the ******.

Ginger dwarf saving 5+ 4+ .

I'm bringing Archaon next time.

 

Sorry for the rant but seriously...

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Rod said:

Well I was destroyed by hearthguard ,  stupid unit attacking twice 3+3+  rend 2  damage 2  my knights dying like flies. Seriously what the ******.

Ginger dwarf saving 5+ 4+ .

I'm bringing Archaon next time.

 

Sorry for the rant but seriously...

 

 

 

As sooner as people realize StD is a letdown as easier it gets for us.

I said i now couple of times the book is written without any inspiration and the rulez are only there to have rules.

Everything remotely cool or synergizing has been removed right at the getgo. I don't know it's on purpose or what but it really stings having a trainwreck like that right after the Bonereapers. We were due for a real stinker after so many good books anyways. It's just sad it hit us.

So don't be discouraged or mad... just keep playing and have fun

Edited by Kurrilino
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gistradagis said:

Well, I've seen Be'Lokar's legion and it looks promising. You bring a bunch of cheap demons and make him practically immortal (as long as there are demons around him).

Does this sound like a StD list to you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

Does this sound like a StD list to you?

Since GmG confirmed that you don‘t get the new Allegiance and the S2D Allegiance (or any other) I don‘t see a reason for us to buy the book at all. The allegiances seem funny but not strong on their own... also most are for daemons only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JackStreicher said:

Since GmG confirmed that you don‘t get the new Allegiance and the S2D Allegiance (or any other) I don‘t see a reason for us to buy the book at all. The allegiances seem funny but not strong on their own... also most are for daemons only.

I am absolutely with you here. This book feels like a slap into the face. A very easy pass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Death1942 said:

Hearing some rumours from some high level players that some juicy STD lists with daemon allies are being built up atm.  I have wracked my brain all day trying to find good combos with battalions but I honestly can't see how it all fits in 2000 points.  Anyone got any decent lists like that to share?  Or maybe thoughts on what these players might be eyeing off?

If you use StD with Tzeench you can make them hald descend and fun to play. Many shenanigans going on.

But again, this has nothing to do with StD and would hold my breath to see a juicy StD list. There is just no synergy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

As sooner as people realize StD is a letdown as easier it gets for us.

I said i now couple of times the book is written without any inspiration and the rulez are only there to have rules.

Everything remotely cool or synergizing has been removed right at the getgo. I don't know it's on purpose or what but it really stings having a trainwreck like that right after the Bonereapers. We were due for a real stinker after so many good books anyways. It's just sad it hit us.

So don't be discouraged or mad... just keep playing and have fun

thanks man, my thoughts exactly, 

we don really have the stopping power and what is worse we don have staying power, 4+ ? ,  current age of sigmar is full o rend -1 or better

im going to try archaon + friends ( greater daemons).

its a shame bc  i really like chaos knights models  but is no use if they are wiped by everything in the game.

 

ALSO 4+ IGNORE WOUND SHOULD BE BANNED , WTF GW, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...