AoS 2 - Slaves to Darkness 2 Discussion

Overread

3 hours ago, Charleston said:
  Reveal hidden contents

This is a thing that really mades me mad at any single game against Seraphon. They have all of the mentioned at a reasonable point cost, have access to flat D5 Weapons on their lizzards, have shooting, chaff, mobility, morale sheningans. Short said: They are a jack of all trades, having no downside. StD are quite narrow in what they can do (mostly you are tied to a gameplan due to the sublegion you choose) and it feels like many units were paing a premium for...what exactly?

Nevertheless, it is great that you picked up the game and made the best out of it! Your army looks fabulous and the rep was a goof read!

I don´t get the point here. You can use the Puppeteer-Ability when he is not you general, so what would be the difference in making him a general? But yes, the Ability is awesome!

It's exacly the same thing that makes me mad sometimes, especialy when the seraphon player saying i exaggerate. But this is where games workshop needs to act up in my opinion. Instead of once per year, balance stuff out more so people like to play the game without regretting picking a wrong army. No matter tho i gave it my best and i had a good time.

Your right i can just put in bel'akor, but it's hard without breaking PTW, maybe get out the manticore and get him in :)

Oh and thanks for the compliments on my army ! :D

Edited by Jonko
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jonko said:

It's exacly the same thing that makes me mad sometimes, especialy when the seraphon player saying i exaggerate.

Haha yeah, my Seraphon buddy still tries to convince me that Chaos Warriors are the best unit of the game

3 minutes ago, Jonko said:

Your right i can just put in bel'akor, but it's hard without breaking PTW, maybe get out the manticore and get him in

Well, you can alter from game to game as you like it. If you want a decent caster, Belakor does actually more with his 2 casts

27 minutes ago, Jonko said:

Hmm that's sad, the least they could do is bring out a new model so it's playable for everyone again

Putting it into Legends makes it unusable in my area: Matched play only, all of the rest does not exist.

Sinply leaving it as a valid choice wouldn’t have hurt anyone :(

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Sad 1

I just finished painting my Nurgle demon prince (posted it in the Nurgle thread already but technically he's slaves to darkness right?). Anyway wouldn't want some tzeentchian bird lover missing out on seeing his sweet curves ;)

IMG_20200727_192757.jpg

IMG_20200727_192804.jpg

IMG_20200727_192817.jpg

IMG_20200727_192810.jpg

IMG_20200727_192822.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

Btw do you guys think it's worth going host of the everchosen without varanguard? 

Something like:

Archaon -khorn - whispers of chaos
bel'akor -undivided - mask of darkness
Choas lord -khorn
Chaos sorverer lord - nurgle

40x marauders -khorn
5x knight - khorn - lances
5x knights -khorn - lances

Geminids of uhl-gysh
Soulsnare shackles/prismatic palisade

lots of shenanigans like :
-1 attack/hit/wound 
movement ******/puppet
Knowing who starts first
Deepstrike marauders
Buffing archaon

1 hour ago, Spears said:

For a chaos spawn, can you see the result of the 2d6 move roll before declaring you will run or do you need to declare it will run before seeing the result?

I believe that you have to decide before rolling, as Running is a type of movement you do instead of a normal move.

1 minute ago, Gistradagis said:

Some is metal, others it's leather. You can check the starter box on GW's web to see it.

Yeah ok makes sense. I have a bunch of the old chaps too but they are in a box downstairs. I think I remember them all being gloves so just wanted to check.

Edited by Riavan

11 hours ago, Riavan said:

Yeah ok makes sense. I have a bunch of the old chaps too but they are in a box downstairs. I think I remember them all being gloves so just wanted to check.

New sculpts are mostly metal with a few leather.  One is a leather glove with a metal guard on the back of the hand.

Old sculpts are all leather.

I JUST finished painting and photographing my Chaos Warriors.  I'm missing 3 of the new sculpts but otherwise you can see high res photos of the new and old sculpts.  Metal is black, leather is brown.  The guy with the horn had a left arm swap.  His sculpt would typically have a metal glove on his left hand.

https://steamforge.net/photos/index.php?/category/19

Edited by begleysm
  • LOVE IT! 1

10 hours ago, begleysm said:

I JUST finished painting and photographing my Chaos Warriors.

Here's a collage of the aforementioned Chaos Warriors.  My first squad finished after a 20 year break from Warhammer! 😳

And for those who're interested, here's the complete album link (same as previous post about gloves)

https://steamforge.net/photos/index.php?/category/18

Red-Reavers_Chaos-Warriors.png

Edited by begleysm
  • Like 6

On 7/28/2020 at 8:56 AM, Gistradagis said:

I believe that you have to decide before rolling, as Running is a type of movement you do instead of a normal move.

You are correct for the run roll but this question was about the randomized move stat of the chaos spawn.  You can roll the 2d6 to see what the stat is before making the decision to move and or run.

6 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Did you use contrast over a grey basecoat to achieve the black?

5 hours ago, rosa said:

Wanted to ask the same...

Is this contrast black templar for the armour?

Looks really excellent!

No Contrast on this armor!

I used this Jack of Clubs How to Paint Raven Guard video as a basis.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLF7buMfyLQ

I ended up going through 4 or 5 test models of "hmm could use more/stronger highlights" until I was happy.  In the end the highlights look way too strong right after airbrushing (had a small panic attack after highlighting 15 guys this way), but the wash at the end brings everything way down.

1. airbrush prime Vallejo Surface Primer Black

2. airbrush base Vallejo Game Air Black (in case I have to do any touch-ups)

3. large airbrush highlights of Vallejo Game Air Sombre Grey

4. smaller airbrush highlights of Vallejo Model Air Light Blue RLM65

5. edge highlight Vallejo Model Air Light Blue RLM65 (they don't make a non-air Light Blue RLM65)

6. heavy wash of 100% The Army Painter Dark Tone (this really helps to tone down the highlights and smooth the transitions)

That's it!  There is a little bit of skill involved in the airbrush highlights and the edge highlighting, but it's mostly just technique/recipe!

• Thanks 1

I've only just noticed this with the new rules. I was making a list and got to my artefacts... The choices for Ravagers are absolute dogshit. Am I missing something here?

1. Hellfire Sword: Once per battle in the shooting phase, pick a visible enemy unit within 8". Target takes D3 mortal wounds. Pass; a wizard already has better ways to deal Mortal Wounds and a combat character should have their combat capability boosted.

2. Blasphemous Cuirass: 5+ Negate MW.

3. Helm of the Oppressor: 6" -1 bravery aura.

4. Cloak of the Relentless Conquerer: Reroll charge rolls.

5. Mark of the High-Favoured: Aura of Chaos increases to 18" when affecting RAVAGERS units.

6. Desecrated Gauntlets: -2 to casting rolls for enemy wizards within 3", also +1 to wound rolls on a target with the WIZARD or PRIEST keyword. Good on a wizard hunting character

• Like 1

4 hours ago, W1tchhunter said:

I've only just noticed this with the new rules. I was making a list and got to my artefacts... The choices for Ravagers are absolute dogshit. Am I missing something here?

You are not wrong. Pretty much always pick the 18" aura.

This is the case when new nerfed realm artifacts are ironically better than what you get in the book.