AoS 2 - Slaves to Darkness 2 Discussion

Overread

I would definately always take a Sorcerer Lord on Manticor over a Chaos Lord in Slaves to Darkness. 

My hero loadout I have been quite successfully is Belakor, Karkadrak, Sorcerer Lord on Manti and a Sorcerer Lord on foot. 

However, in a Khorne army, the Lord on Manticor can become a Real beast. With the Goretide general's trait (+1 damage) and the Gorecleaver (-1 Rend, 6s to wound do double damage) He goes up to 4 damage, Rend - 3, 6s do double damage. On top of that, he can get a crazy amount of buffs like double pile in from the Chaos Lord on foot, +1 to Hit and +1 save from Slaughterpriests, re-roll all Hit and wound rolls from the Shrine, +1 Attack from the Bloodsecrator, +1 attack from Wrathmongers. 

So in Khorne He rocks in Slaves He sucks. 

10 hours ago, Salyx said:

So in Khorne He rocks in Slaves He sucks. 

Same with Archaon, considered getting him and some Varanguard for en elite army, but the gains from being in blades of khorne in reapers of vengeance i just too great.

Warshrines also getting judgements and prayers due to the priest keyword makes them even better there too, 1 warshrine can then provide +1 save on a 3+, undivided buff with reroll hits and wounds. a sorc can then throw reroll saves on him. Reapers of vengeance allows him to use 1 cp to fight twice immediately. Bring a bloodsecrator too to give +1 attacks and his output becomes obscene. around 57 damage against 4+ save and still over 31 against a 2+ save, he will murder anything and everything.

Slaves to Darkness is a really odd book, after having played some games with my new army of them, it seems mostly to be a few good warscrolls which are better in a god specific army. The StD allegiance abilities just do so little including sub factions. If I had not gotten the army knowing that I was getting into a casual play style, then I might have been disappointed.

I don't understand how they didn't account for that. We know that at any given time 1-3 of the God books is very strong (Slaanesh and Tzeentch most consistently)

When you're making a book where almost everything can be directly ported into these established books the Allegiance of this book is more important than ever or else you just made a glorified Grand Alliance warscroll compendium from early AoS.

• Like 1

Don't be dramatic.

There are ways to make Archaon really influential and important in Slaves armies. You can make him a total nightmare in Tzeentch/Khorne but is it actually a better army?*I've yet to see compelling evidence of that. Slaves is an odd book and there are some big nuisances in it - rend of warriors, the marauder warscroll - but it has performed pretty well with a variety of lists. It isn't a top tier book (thank goodness!) but it isn't a stinker. 

*I've beaten the Archaon khorne reapers build with an Archaon/Varanguard list. 

Edited by The World Tree
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

Same with Archaon, considered getting him and some Varanguard for en elite army, but the gains from being in blades of khorne in reapers of vengeance i just too great.

Warshrines also getting judgements and prayers due to the priest keyword makes them even better there too, 1 warshrine can then provide +1 save on a 3+, undivided buff with reroll hits and wounds. a sorc can then throw reroll saves on him. Reapers of vengeance allows him to use 1 cp to fight twice immediately. Bring a bloodsecrator too to give +1 attacks and his output becomes obscene. around 57 damage against 4+ save and still over 31 against a 2+ save, he will murder anything and everything.

Slaves to Darkness is a really odd book, after having played some games with my new army of them, it seems mostly to be a few good warscrolls which are better in a god specific army. The StD allegiance abilities just do so little including sub factions. If I had not gotten the army knowing that I was getting into a casual play style, then I might have been disappointed.

Just to check, are you just short-handing in the reroll into the odds for bronzed flesh? Just because the warshrine's base prayer goes off on a 3+ definitely doesn't mean that bronzed flesh also goes off on a 3+, it still uses the value from the book.

I will say having tried Archaon in both factions, (and both are extremely fun for their own reasons by the way), that he can definitely hit harder in Khorne but the army in slaves is generally better because it doesn't dump as many points into making Archaon a monster. No need for a Slaughterpriest, Bloodsecrator, or the Gore Pilgrims battalion to make sure that you can keep him in Bloodsecrator range while he zooms around the table. Instead those points get you access to a unit of 6th circle Varanguard which hit like absolute freight trains too. Not to mention the army is immune to battleshock, the 18" buff aura around Archaon himself, and access to the excellent command ability that lets you know turn order. 

• Like 1

Freeguild greatsword 140pt batteline

10w  s4+

3+ 3+ attack  21   

h6 mw

Chaos chosen 140pt

10w s4+

3+3+ attack 15

h6 mw

Do they deserve to be called chosen because they are weaker than ordinary citizens?

Please bring Chosen to the battle line!

Edited by WHYGW
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Roark said:

Such a bizarre and unnecessary points hike as they currently stand. Maybe a warscroll revision is in the works???

Maybe, that would be pretty strange though since GW doesn't usually change the scrolls after release (only one I can think of is plague monks?). If the rumors are true the only thing I can think of is they dropped the points on the chaos warriors and noticed that the marauder horsemen were the same price but still drastically better, so they needed to bump their price up. Would be a pretty terrible excuse though, I think of all the S2D warscrolls the horsemen were just about perfectly priced for what they did. 

Edited by Grimrock

I am netting an additional 100 points which gives me just enough room for Psychic cat or two spawn...

I know we aren't getting much but I am excited for the addition something a little more 'Chaosy' to my list. I feel like the 90 pt heroes could have dropped 10-20 points but I am not as well versed as you more competitive players. 

With the point increase for Marauder Horseman will that affect their ability to be summoned via Rally the tribes?

Some folks in the rumour thread are calling the authenticity of this list into question. As much as it benefits my Chaos Warrior heavy list, I am hoping that there is better news for S2D. 

Edited by Neverchosen

Tbh we‘d need:

knights : 150-160 pts. FAQ: they must choose which weapon to fight with at the start of the Combat phase

Warriors: -1 rend on all weapons, +1 dmg for the two handers  FAQ: Armour reroll granted for 6+ Models

faq Auras: a mark‘s aura also radiates from unit champions.

Yet GW never does such drastic changes. So we‘re stuck with the +10/20 and -10-20 pts „adjustments“ 😕

• Like 1

@WHYGW I am not sure what you exactly mean by Nurgle STD Ability beeing lost. The Aura provides you with an additional Damage on a 6 to wound and the Generals Aura gives you an additional -1 to be hit. So no buffs lost. Also the Nurgle Prayer is not affected in any way as it grants a +1 to save rolls and wound rerolls. Althrough the "Protection of the Dark Gods" of the Warshrines got a bump and Warriors with Boards lost their 5++/6++ against Mortals, they still can use the 6++ against wounds and the board against Mortals. Only other thing I see is the lost synergie with an Harbringer of Decay who yould provide you another 5++ against wounds and mortals, althrough his ability is still great to keep stuff alive.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I am netting an additional 100 points which gives me just enough room for Psychic cat or two spawn...

I know we aren't getting much but I am excited for the addition something a little more 'Chaosy' to my list. I feel like the 90 pt heroes could have dropped 10-20 points but I am not as well versed as you more competitive players. 

With the point increase for Marauder Horseman will that affect their ability to be summoned via Rally the tribes?

Some folks in the rumour thread are calling the authenticity of this list into question. As much as it benefits my Chaos Warrior heavy list, I am hoping that there is better news for S2D. 

The "leaks" appeared in the same form some time ago in a wishlist-thread. Thus many people belive it was a copypaste and people changed "wishes" into "Rumours" into "leaks"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Charleston said:

WNurgle STD Ability 꿀벌이 잃어버린 것이 정확히 무엇을 의미하는지 잘 모르겠습니다. 오라가 상처에 6의 추가 피해를주고 장군 오라가 추가로 -1을 입 힙니다. 버프가 없어졌습니다. 또한 Nurgle Prayer는 롤과 상처 재연을 저장하는 데 +1을 부여하므로 아무런 영향을 미치지 않습니다. Warshrines의 "암흑의 신들의 보호"를 통해 충돌이 일어 났으며, 보드가있는 전사들은 필사자들에 대해 5 ++ / 6 ++를 잃어 버렸지 만 여전히 상처에 대해서는 6 ++를, 필사자들에 대해서는 보드를 사용할 수 있습니다. 내가 볼 수있는 유일한 것은 상처와 필사자에 대해 또 다른 5 + +를 제공하는 부패의 Harbringer와의 잃어버린 시너지입니다. 그의 능력은 여전히 물건을 살리기 위해 훌륭합니다.

STD has many kinds of ++ saves.

Chaos shield's , warhraine , harbringer....

Undivide and darkother hero, warshirine

They are designed to stack ++ saves and make them hard. Warshline changed that Ability only to STD keywords.

But now you can save only one ++ save all of course.

They were hard, but they were never as destructive as the other factors.

The STD army mentioned above is now likely to be an ambiguous, non-hard, non-destructive, and non-degradable fact.

Edited by WHYGW

If you are playing Slaves to Darkness allegiance, you can only Pick Slaves to Darkness spells. You can Pick Nurgle-Spells if you choose Nurgle allegiance, which is easily possible with Slaves TO Darkness Minis. 

• Like 1

On the plus side, it looks like we can ally in the glottkin now. Not sure if it'll be worth it, but their command ability is extremely good since it's still not wholly within. Plus with the loss of additional save after saves the harbinger is less interesting now. Might be better to just play in Nurgle allegiance, but could be worth testing out. 

9 hours ago, WHYGW said:

STD has many kinds of ++ saves.

Chaos shield's , warhraine , harbringer....

Undivide and darkother hero, warshirine

They are designed to stack ++ saves and make them hard. Warshline changed that Ability only to STD keywords.

But now you can save only one ++ save all of course.

They were hard, but they were never as destructive as the other factors.

The STD army mentioned above is now likely to be an ambiguous, non-hard, non-destructive, and non-degradable fact.

It’s still useful to have the Runeshield and the Warshrine/Undivided ++ since the Runeshield doesn’t affect normal wounds. It just makes them less hard against mortal wounds.

I want to clarify two things:

1. Blue scribes in Tzeentch book say they can learn any spell cast near them on 4+.
Will they learn and be able to cast the std lore spells from allegiance? (i.e. having an std keyword isn't needed to cast the spell if you steal it) I assume yes.

2. Kairos in Tzeentch book says he knows all spells wizards near him have on their warscrolls.
Will he get lore spells that std wizards get from allegiance? I assume no.

Edited by Smooth criminal

3 hours ago, Smooth criminal said:

I want to clarify two things:

1. Blue scribes in Tzeentch book say they can learn any spell cast near them on 4+.
Will they learn and be able to cast the std lore spells from allegiance? (i.e. having an std keyword isn't needed to cast the spell if you steal it) I assume yes.

2. Kairos in Tzeentch book says he knows all spells wizards near him have on their warscrolls.
Will he get lore spells that std wizards get from allegiance? I assume no.

1) They can’t steal a spell that requires a keyword to cast or has a value on a damage table. I don’t have the StD book on hand, it should say on the Spell Lore Page whether the model needs the allegiance keyword.

2) Kairos only gets spells from Warscrolls. No lore spells.

EDIT: Removed inaccurate statement regarding Kairos. 

I believe that  Slaves to Darkness Lore Spells are ok for The Blue Scribes to cast. In the StD book under Lore of the Damned it says:

”You can choose or roll one spell from the following table for each Slaves to Darkness Wizard in a Slaves to Darkness army”

It does not restrict the spell casting to Slaves to Darkness Wizard; it is simply an instance of a unit knowing the spell.

Contrasting this with Mawtribes; which says

”You can choose or roll for one spell from the following tables for each Wizard in an Ogor Mawtribes Army”

Then the Spell Lores it says Butcher only or Firebelly only. These are keyword restrictions.

Edited by Sinfullyvannila