AoS 2 - Slaves to Darkness 2 Discussion

Overread

1 hour ago, Gistradagis said:

Ah. Ironically, it seems I was half-correct in thinking you meant the bloodmarked warband haha.

I am referring to it. Now that the Empty Throne rules are part of the '5th' legion of our S2D tome, we can include the Bloodmarked Warband battalion. Combine that with a Bloodsecrator and/or the Doom-Sigil (though at the moment I would never use it due to it failing when there's a double turn) -  Daemonforged Blades Varanguard could become quite potent. Pile in twice within 6" with grasping plate? Great! 

2 hours ago, Snakeb1te said:

Also could someone post the Bloodmarked KotET list? I'm trying to make one myself.

This one is from a friend:

6x varanguard
1x chaos lord on steed
1x chaos lord
1x exalted champion
1x warshrine
20x marauders
5x marauder raiders
5x marauder raiders
10x knights

Edited by Holy_Diver

I had a think about that Khorne Fist of the Everchosen idea and i've come up with this.

Allegiance: Slaves to Darkness
- Damned Legion: Knights of the Empty Throne
Mortal Realm: Shyish

Leaders
Knights of the Empty Throne Varanguard (300)
- General
- Command Trait: Wall of Cursed Iron
- Mark of Chaos: Khorne
- Artefact: Grasping Plate
- Artefact: Corrupted Nullstone
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (110)
- Mark of Chaos: Undivided
- Spell: Binding Damnation

Battleline
5 x Chaos Marauder Horsemen (90)
- Javelin & Shield
- Javelin & Shield
- Javelin & Shield
5 x Chaos Knights (180)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
5 x Chaos Knights (180)
- Ensorcelled Weapons

Behemoths
Chaos Warshrine (170)

Battalions
Bloodmarked Warband (180)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 212

2 drops (Sorcerer is on Work experience :D). Basic plan is to use the Varanguard to kill stuff, power up the next unit of Varanguard, etc until they can only buff the Knights. Two sources of rerolls to hit and wound  from the Sorcerer and Warshrine. Its not a complex list, but could be fun.

I'm not too sure about the Warlord trait or Sorcerer spell. I don't have much anti magic, so having the shield ability means I would get a bit of protection, but the charge rerolls seem like they'd be crucial to one one trick army like this.

Edited by PainfullyMediocre
Stupidity on my part.
  • Like 1

Casual List I'm going to slowly build over the next few months or so:

Lord on Karkadrak. -General -Dimensional Blade -Eternal Vendetta -Corn
Sorcerer Lord on Manticore. -Tzeentch -Mask of Darkness -Bolstered By Hate
Be'Lakor -Whispers of Darkness

x15 Chaos Warriors -Corn on the cob
x10 Chaos Knights -Popcorn
x40 Marauders -Caramel Corn

Mindstealer Kitty Cat

Godsworn Champions of Ruin

My only question is, with this, does my Lord on Karkakhornonthecob get to fight in every hero phase or just mine?

Edited by Vesper

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Mindstealer Kitty Cat

My only question is, with this, does my Lord on Karkakhornonthecob get to fight in every hero phase or just mine?

The ability triggers "in your hero phase", not your opponent's. 

1 hour ago, libr4rian said:

I wanted to ask: is anyone using Mutalith Vortex Beast? On paper it looks very nice: it provides good debufs and heals itself.

I've found it to be slightly too random to be of real use. It has some good effects, but it's such a 50/50 deal, coupled with underwhelming attacks (if only you could give it a Khorne mark or smth...) and alright stats (12 wounds on 4+ with a base that large, it's easy to get surrounded and obliterated), that I usually don't recommend it.

It's a whole bet of its own. Some games it might do a lot of wounds and mortal wounds, and resist long enough to be a threat. In other games, it'll be 170 wasted points. So, up to you. It's not inviable, but it's not a safe choice either.

15 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Mindstealer Kitty Cat

What faction is that, though. Ravagers? Is it worth it with just two mortal heroes?

I actually have a very similar list, but I run it in Despoilers and have no Mindstealer, 10 Warriors instead of 15, the Knights broken into two units of 5, and a Daemon Prince of Khorne as general.

Making it an army from Ulgu, I'm planning on giving the Daemon Prince the Sword of Judgement and the Chaos Lord on Karkadrak the Dimensional Blade (Hexed Battle-axe with rend 3, used twice with the battalion? Yes plz).

Edited by Gistradagis
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gistradagis said:

I've found it to be slightly too random to be of real use. It has some good effects, but it's such a 50/50 deal, coupled with underwhelming attacks (if only you could give it a Khorne mark or smth...) and alright stats (12 wounds on 4+ with a base that large, it's easy to get surrounded and obliterated), that I usually don't recommend it.

It's a whole bet of its own. Some games it might do a lot of wounds and mortal wounds, and resist long enough to be a threat. In other games, it'll be 170 wasted points. So, up to you. It's not inviable, but it's not a safe choice either.

What faction is that, though. Ravagers? Is it worth it with just two mortal heroes?

I actually have a very similar list, but I run it in Despoilers and have no Mindstealer, 10 Warriors instead of 15, the Knights broken into two units of 5, and a Daemon Prince of Khorne as general.

Making it an army from Ulgu, I'm planning on giving the Daemon Prince the Sword of Judgement and the Chaos Lord on Karkadrak the Dimensional Blade (Hexed Battle-axe with rend 3, used twice with the battalion? Yes plz).

Ravagers! Despoilers seems interesting. Can I only give a warlord trait to a daemon prince if I go despoilers? Curious as to what to give a daemon prince from that list. 

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Ravagers! Despoilers seems interesting. Can I only give a warlord trait to a daemon prince if I go despoilers? Curious as to what to give a daemon prince from that list. 

You can give the trait to anyone, but if you make a DP your general, his aura goes from 12" to 18" and he gets a FNP of 5+.

I personally like either Bolstered by Hate (making the DP 10 wounds on his 3+ save and the 5+ FNP), or Paragon of Ruin (D3 units at the beginning of the first round, before the first turn, get to move 5").