AoS 2 - Slaves to Darkness 2 Discussion

Overread

30 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

I'm not saying you can't play this army.

It's just that all other armies can do what StD can do and even better for 1/3 cheaper.

And that makes the book weak.

That's fair, although Be'Lakor and his spell skill isn't quite what I'd call "any army does better and cheaper."

Really wanna find/make some cool Despoilers list with him, though. Most stuff I'm seeing everywhere is Ravagers, and some Everchosen.

Edited by Gistradagis

6 hours ago, Rod said:

I find daemon prince's strike out of sequence ability insanely powerful.

We may not have auto-include troops but our heros are pretty good imho

i was thinking of a despoilers army with 2 daemon prince and belakor, and chaos knight/maraudeurs around, do you think it could be efficient ? I have a demon prince in my khorne army and the guy is just cleaving trough everything

Edited by ledha

Okay, I am about to assemble and base the final models for my Cavallery List, a long time dream of mine. I tought about Running Nurgle with a Hardbringer, but Khorne and Allied Skullcrusher seems more fun :)
 The list itself:

Spoiler

Allegiance: Slaves to Darkness
- Damned Legion: Despoilers

Leaders
Slaves to Darkness Daemon Prince (210)
- General
- Sword
- Trait: Paragon of Ruin
- Mark of Chaos: Khorne
- Sword
Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount (170)
- Artefact: Helm of Many Eyes
Chaos Sorcerer Lord on Manticore (260)
- Artefact: Diabolic Mantle
- Mark of Chaos: Undivided
- Spell: Binding Damnation

Battleline
1 x Chaos Chariots (120)
- Greatblades
5 x Chaos Knights (180)
- Cursed Lance
5 x Chaos Knights (180)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
1 x Chaos Chariots (120)
- Greatblades

Units
6 x Mighty Skullcrushers (320)
- Bloodglaives
- Allies

Battalions
Ruinbringer Warband (140)

Total: 1910 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 320 / 400
Wounds: 109

The DP´s are in general solid meele machines. Their CA should make charging on my own more likely so I can keep the charge bonus as good as possible. The Lord on Mount is the usual Fightning-Monster and is supposed to ensure with the General-DP that the Lances-Knights hit as good as possible. The Sorcerer Lord on Manticore is another source of sheningans and also the main blender against bigger units.

For the Cavalery: We have 2 Chariots, 2x5 Knights with each weapon option once(Old models so full Command Squad included), and 6 Allied Skullcrusher. The Chariots and Enscrolled-Knights are supposed to play the objective game, meanwhile lances, skullcrushers and DP´s are there for the more killy game.

I toyed with a Soul Grinder in the first iteration of this list but I concidered the Battalion more usefull due to the hunger for CP and the additional Artifact I could get this way. The remaining 90 pts still bother me a bit. I concider either a bonus CP or to take the Cronomantic Cogs for the bonus movement and charge. 

Any opinions on the list?

4 minutes ago, Charleston said:

The remaining 90 pts still bother me a bit. I concider either a bonus CP or to take the Cronomantic Cogs for the bonus movement and charge. 

Or you could get 5 more horse with some Marauder Horsemen.  They can do a bit of ranged rend dmg, with Javelins, and can act as a screen for your more expensive units.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bloodmoon said:

For reference, to get into combat with a unit that has Dark Master on it, theres a 97% chance you cant. Show me another army that can do that. 

I play a Nurgle Army  list with -4 to hit and reroll 6's to hit. I don't care someone is attacking or not.

I guess i am just spoiled

• Haha 2

a list? no, you have one plaguebearer unit that does that. And it needs a CP, to have more than 20(30?) models, and have some guy with a relic standing behind them. That is in no way the same thing as stopping an enemy unit from doing something, lol. Its just making your unit hard to kill. 

Also its only -4 in shooting. -2 to hit in melee. 

Edited by Bloodmoon

11 hours ago, Charleston said:

Okay, I am about to assemble and base the final models for my Cavallery List, a long time dream of mine. I tought about Running Nurgle with a Hardbringer, but Khorne and Allied Skullcrusher seems more fun :)
 The list itself:

Hide contents

Leaders
- General
- Sword
- Sword

Battleline
1 x Chaos Chariots (120)
- Greatblades
5 x Chaos Knights (180)
- Cursed Lance
5 x Chaos Knights (180)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
1 x Chaos Chariots (120)
- Greatblades

Units
- Bloodglaives
- Allies

Battalions

The DP´s are in general solid meele machines. Their CA should make charging on my own more likely so I can keep the charge bonus as good as possible. The Lord on Mount is the usual Fightning-Monster and is supposed to ensure with the General-DP that the Lances-Knights hit as good as possible. The Sorcerer Lord on Manticore is another source of sheningans and also the main blender against bigger units.

For the Cavalery: We have 2 Chariots, 2x5 Knights with each weapon option once(Old models so full Command Squad included), and 6 Allied Skullcrusher. The Chariots and Enscrolled-Knights are supposed to play the objective game, meanwhile lances, skullcrushers and DP´s are there for the more killy game.

I toyed with a Soul Grinder in the first iteration of this list but I concidered the Battalion more usefull due to the hunger for CP and the additional Artifact I could get this way. The remaining 90 pts still bother me a bit. I concider either a bonus CP or to take the Cronomantic Cogs for the bonus movement and charge. 

How about allying in a Bloodstoker to ensure your Charges? Seems like a legit Option to me. The other Option would be a unit of Marauder Horsemen, who can also be Part of the Bataillon. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Salyx said:

How about allying in a Bloodstoker to ensure your Charges? Seems like a legit Option to me. The other Option would be a unit of Marauder Horsemen, who can also be Part of the Bataillon. 

I love the idea of a Bloodstroker! It does even fit perfectly into the 400pts ally restriction! Thank you very much!

18 hours ago, Bloodmoon said:

a list? no, you have one plaguebearer unit that does that. And it needs a CP, to have more than 20(30?) models, and have some guy with a relic standing behind them. That is in no way the same thing as stopping an enemy unit from doing something, lol. Its just making your unit hard to kill. 

Also its only -4 in shooting. -2 to hit in melee. 

Actually it's -4 to hit in combat and -6 to shoot.

And yes i use 30 Warriors. I also play Glottkin, Bloab, testicles of death and the shards from forbidden power.

oh so your combo needs two other endless spells to also go off? And you were complaining about someone being able to roll 3 5s in a row? Also if your blob is warriors its impossible to get them to -4 in combat. -1 from lord of blights, -1 from shards, -1 from geminids. Unless theres some other way you're getting an extra minus. 

• Like 1

On 1/27/2020 at 6:50 PM, Charleston said:

The list itself:

Hide contents

Leaders
- General
- Sword
- Sword

Battleline
1 x Chaos Chariots (120)
- Greatblades
5 x Chaos Knights (180)
- Cursed Lance
5 x Chaos Knights (180)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
1 x Chaos Chariots (120)
- Greatblades

Units
- Bloodglaives
- Allies

Battalions

Regarding the 90 pts to spare: a unit of 10 Chaos Warhounds is 80 pts, fits all requirements for allies and is one super cheap screen / rather speedy unit. I love them!

And as already mentioned by someone else, a Bloodstoker is a great support piece, especially for the chariots because it enhances their MW output after charging.

Hi chaps, 

First time post, and would love to hear what people's thoughts are on my first slaves list that I'm considering. It's two main features are:

- a hammer that should deciminate most things: giving the lord on karkadrak the sword of judgment on his 5 axe attacks and having him fight three times via the chaos lord CA and Godsworn Champions BA. 15 attacks should land 2-3 D6 mortal wounds on average? Plus his other attacks. Knights follow him around to get his CA and help out.

- spell casting reliability: It seems one of strongest things in the book are the spells but they are hard to cast. So  tzeentch marked gaunt and sorcerer benefit from the blue scribes rerolls, plus cabalists ability giving +1 to +3 to cast. Gaunt takes the command trait that makes  the ritual of sorc might go off on 2+ instead of 3+, and spell familiar so he is reliably casting two spells. His high movement should help address poor spell range and so he can keep up with the marauders to keep sacrificing them in later turns.

Given the reliability of spell casting it makes teleporting 40 marauders for an auto charge near guaranteed.

Meanwhile the warriors tank and the warshrine gives added protection where it's needed.

Could this be strong? I guess main problem is low drop alpha strike armies...?

Apologies I can't work out how to hide the list as I've seen others do, but here it is:

- Damned Legion: Cabalists
Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Leaders
Chaos Lord on Karkadrak (250)
- Artefact: Sword of Judgement
- Mark of Chaos: Tzeentch
Gaunt Summoner on Disc of Tzeentch (260)
- General
- Artefact: Spell Familiar
- Spell: Whispers of Chaos
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (110)
- Spell: Mask of Darkness
Chaos Lord (110)
- Reaperblade & Daemonbound Steel
The Blue Scribes (120)
- Allies

Battleline
15 x Chaos Warriors (300)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
40 x Chaos Marauders (300)
- Axes & Shields
5 x Chaos Knights (180)
- Cursed Lance

Behemoths
Chaos Warshrine (170)

Battalions
Godsworn Champions of Ruin (180)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 120 / 400
Wounds: 127

1 hour ago, Bloodmoon said:

I would take the Rune Blade instead of the Sword of Judgement on his axe. 

Plugging the axe attack profile into Statshammer with both artifacts shows

Dimensional blade - 3+ save-3.7    4+ save-4.44    5+save-4.44  6+save-4.44

Sword of judgement - 3+ save-4.03     4+save-4.58    5+save-5.14    6+save-5.69

So SoJ has a very slight increase to average wounds with a higher increase to the average against 5+ and 6+ saves. But it only works on heroes and monsters and who are you really hunting down hero/monster-wise with a 5+ save? If he really does get to attack 3 times he is probably clearing anything on the table, especially with demonic power so I would personally lean on the versatility of letting him chop down any non-hero/monsters that get in his way.