Can Sylvaneth teleport out of combat

Tibus367

Question

Can a Sylvaneth unit teleport using their "navigate realmroots" ability when they are within 3" of an enemy unit?

On a related note, can a branchwraith summon a unit of dryads and then have the dryads teleport in their movement phase using the same ability?

I do realize that generally other units with similar abilities can teleport away from a unit when they are within 3", but the wording of the Sylvaneth ability gives me pause.

"Instead of making a normal move in your movement phase, 1 friendly SYLVANETH unit within 6" of an AWAKENED WYLDWOOD can navigate the realmroots"

A unit with 3" of an enemy cannot make a "normal move".  Does that mean it can't teleport either?

3 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Tibus367 said:

Can a Sylvaneth unit teleport using their "navigate realmroots" ability when they are within 3" of an enemy unit?

On a related note, can a branchwraith summon a unit of dryads and then have the dryads teleport in their movement phase using the same ability?

I do realize that generally other units with similar abilities can teleport away from a unit when they are within 3", but the wording of the Sylvaneth ability gives me pause.

"Instead of making a normal move in your movement phase, 1 friendly SYLVANETH unit within 6" of an AWAKENED WYLDWOOD can navigate the realmroots"

A unit with 3" of an enemy cannot make a "normal move".  Does that mean it can't teleport either?

In case of the summoned unit, those can't move in the following movement phase.

Making a "normal move" only means making a move with the restrictions of the movement phase using the move characteristic not ending the move within 3" of enemy units.

A retreat is basicly a normal move as well using the same restrictions because it is made in the movement phase.

Edited by EMMachine

5 hours ago, Tibus367 said:

In that case it would be considered a retreat and the unit would not be able to charge or shoot (with the exception of some other battalion ability), correct?

Yes, which is a bummer because the old version specifically didn't count as retreat. But than again, the new version is much more reliable and better in general so I'm quite ok with this.