Need advice on where to go next

Lorax

Hello everyone.  

I predominantly play AoS, and have been playing a little bit of Warcry as well.  Not too long ago my play group discovered how fun Underworlds is, especially when you dont have time to play full games.  Any rate, over Christmas, i know that our group is going to get in multiple day long sessions of Underworlds.  The problem is that I only have 1 warband (Ironskulls).  I was looking to expand and currently know that I am going to get Rippa's Snarlfangs (simply love the models).  

Besides Rippa's I would like to get 1 additional warband.  I would like to play something fun and different.   Currently I am looking at Mollog's Mob, Profiteers, or Despoilers.  A friend in our group has all of the death factions, while another has all of the stormcast and chaos factions (except Despoilers).   What other warband should I get?  Is there something else I should be considering?   Thanks in advance!

I don't play as much as I'd like, but I fell like I can give some advice. Considering what you already have, of the 3 choices I'd say maybe despoilers or profiteers. Mollog is good, but the play style is similar enough to Orruks and Snarlfangs that it may be a little dull. Profiteers are great because they are very versatile in the way you play them. Plus they have guns and shoot 3 hexes away which is cool. Despoilers are more of an objective warband, but they do have aggressive tricks up their sleeves.  

If I had to choose 1 of the 3 that you're debating on, I'd pick Profiteers if your goal is to have a different warband then Orruks and Snarlfangs. Profiteers are a good flexible warband who can play passively, but also be aggressive when needed. Plus shooting things off the table is pretty entertaining. 

Gitz is another interesting choice which is different than what you have and what your friends have. It's a ton of models and they don't really like to be aggressive, but sit back and collect glory. They could be challenging to use though as they are so may models and have a lot of different interactions going on. They have 3 different inspire conditions for one thing. I do have to say, I have played with Gitz and it is very satisfying to swing away with the fanatic and cause havoc. One game I killed 3-4 fighters with the fanatics ability alone just moving him all over the board pushing and doing damage to enemy models. 

Thank you for the feedback.  You are probably spot on regarding the playstyle of the warband, as dumb as it may sound, it is actually something I did not necessarily consider.  I am not the most nuanced player; so perhaps that is why.  I took a long hard look at Gitz, I love the models, and the fanatic looks like a blast; I think I am a little intimidated as how to win with them.  I seem to either face super elite (stormcast) or hordes (death).  

I appreciate all the thought that you put into this; I think I am leaning toward the profiteers for the reasons you outlined.  Cheers!