Need conversion ideas: Kurnoth Dracothian Guard

I'm thinking of adding some Dracothian Guard to my Cities of Sigmar army, but I strongly dislike SCE and have been trying to convert my way around having to use actual SCE models. 

My idea is to use Kurnoth Hunters as the riders, which will require a fair amount of work but I think will likely be doable. The mounts though... I'm at a bit of a loss. I thought about wolves from the Thunderwolf Cavalry kit but I think they are probably a touch too small. Gore Grunta pigs are big enough, but the rider legs are sculpted on. Same problem with Dracolines. Demigryphs are probably too small. 

In a perfect world I'd use GW, but I suppose I'm open to third party if push comes to shove. 

Anyone have any bright ideas? I'd like something the right size that won't require extensive resculpting. 

One idea is instead of horse + rider you should be thinking centaur. A kurnoth body would fit nicely as the head + torso component on demigrph, dracolines or gryph charger bodies. 

Alternatively, I think a smaller body would be fine. Dracolines ridden by spite revenanants, or wild riders would still be easily recognizable as dracolines, and you'd get to avoid the stormcast part. 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 06/12/2019 at 1:43 PM, Frowny said:

One idea is instead of horse + rider you should be thinking centaur. A kurnoth body would fit nicely as the head + torso component on demigrph, dracolines or gryph charger bodies. 

Alternatively, I think a smaller body would be fine. Dracolines ridden by spite revenanants, or wild riders would still be easily recognizable as dracolines, and you'd get to avoid the stormcast part. 

This is what I was going to say. Could even try it with the Thunderwolves idea and have the fur be more of a moss where the tree meets the wolf?

I would go with Gryph-Chargers or Dracolines. They should be big enogh to have Kurnoth Hunter as a rider, plus I thik they are thematically close (Kurnoth plus Gryph-charger should be a great combination).  Also that strange Sphinx model for Slaves of Darkness could be an interesting choice.