Forgeworld Stripping AoS models

Overread

REMEMBER if you email Forgeworld to politely share your desire to buy these models it will do more good than airing your views on forums. Emails to customer service have the greatest chance of resulting in a positive result. Provided you keep your email positive and polite. 

Customer service getting lots of "we want this model" emails is more likely to convince GW to bring them back than a few pagesof forum thread (though that helps too of course). 

Just all remember to keep an eye on FW - this might not be the last wave of removals. 

3 minutes ago, JCar09 said:

I sent several emails about legions of azgorh. The truth is that I didn't receive any response.

Typically they take a day or two to reply. That said if you badger their email system sending multiple messages saying the same thing at the same time or send loads from the same email they might just count it as spam and ignore it. The other aspect is that sending repeat messages will slow your reply to any because they all enter the reply pool for staff so if you add to that pool you reduce your chance of getting and answer in a timely fashion because you're flooding the system. 

11 hours ago, Overread said:

Typically they take a day or two to reply. That said if you badger their email system sending multiple messages saying the same thing at the same time or send loads from the same email they might just count it as spam and ignore it. The other aspect is that sending repeat messages will slow your reply to any because they all enter the reply pool for staff so if you add to that pool you reduce your chance of getting and answer in a timely fashion because you're flooding the system. 

I sent several emails over several months and received no response. No spam Even so, 0 reply

17 hours ago, Aelfric said:

Yep, only those kept in captivity will survive.  But, you never know, GW my start a breeding program again one day.

Bless the Maker, bless his coming and his going, may his passage cleanse the land.

Assembly is complete, and the painting is coming on, so I'll soon be able to release her into my sandworm sanctuary. I've got a little Reaper one somewhere too, but alas I don't think the two species are able to interbreed.

IMG_2738.JPG

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

Bless the Maker, bless his coming and his going, may his passage cleanse the land.

Assembly is complete, and the painting is coming on, so I'll soon be able to release her into my sandworm sanctuary. I've got a little Reaper one somewhere too, but alas I don't think the two species are able to interbreed.

IMG_2738.JPG

Beautiful. The spice must flow! And by spice I mean resin.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher is now removed from sale without a warning period

Warpgnaw Verminlord and Bonegrinder Giant both on "sold out" which typically just means they need a new wave cast up, but with the current pattern of activity might mean they too are being removed. 

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, David B. said:

As someone who has a metric ton of Tamurkhan's horde models, what does this mean for me? No joking I have 36 ogres, 24 trolls, 30 toads, plus the big guy and others

Wow, that sounds like an awesome collection! Now that the models are out of production, your army suddenly got even more valuable than it already was. Nothing has actually changed rules wise, at least so far. Its likely they won't continue to update the points for products they no longer sell, so how much of an effect that will have on your collection will likely depend on whether you take your army to tournaments or not.

If you don't then it would be worthwhile making sure that you have a copy of the latest version of your armies scrolls, rules, and points, since that will likely be it. If you do go to tournaments then you are probably best keeping an eye on the next general's handbook to see whether the models are still listed. If they continue to list them, as they've done with some of the compendium stuff then it should be business as usual. If not then you might have trouble, but it might depend on how friendly the actual events organisers are.

Barring a complete rewrite of the warhammer rules at some point, the army will remain perfectly playable though, it just might not be as up to date as newer ones, or those that continue to be updated.

Honestly I'd say hold onto them. Sometimes GW will move things over in time (could take years) or it might be that you can easily proxy them in as regular models. They are still very good sculpts and as Kaleb notes they will retain their secondhand value (even more if you've got tthe original packaging as proof that they are authentic FW and not 3rd party ripoffs).

10 hours ago, Overread said:

Honestly I'd say hold onto them. Sometimes GW will move things over in time (could take years) or it might be that you can easily proxy them in as regular models. They are still very good sculpts and as Kaleb notes they will retain their secondhand value (even more if you've got tthe original packaging as proof that they are authentic FW and not 3rd party ripoffs).

especially this.