Forgeworld Stripping AoS models

Overread

Yeah, Magma Dragon and Mournghoul are kind of the last couple of Forgeworld AoS things which I'd kind of like. But with a limited budget I've had to prioritise getting the ones which I'd most hate to miss out on, so Dread Maw and Monstrous Squig Herd it is. I'm kind of hoping that Mournghoul will survive, since its a Nighthaunt model, but since Magma dragon doesn't fit into the armies it should fit into I feel like thats the most endangered.

Its encouraging that nothing from the Legion of Azgorh is gone yet. I'm a big fan of that range, and while I'm not planning to expand my own collection of it any further, it would be a shame for there to be no way to build Chaos Dwarfs. At least if the Turmakhan horde stuff goes, Nurgle in general still exists. Some of the Forgeworld stuff is more unique though, and will be sorely missed.

Thanks for the heads up, I've added them to the list - its depressingly horrible to see!

I honestly think that FW is now stripping everything in a steady stream of stages! I suspect the only things that might survive are the Greater Demon lords only because they cross over into 40K and Horus Heresy. 

I'm also left in a really nasty position - wolfrats, magma dragon - clawlord on horror - all things I've wanted to get - heck I've even started with the wolfrats - a great kit! 

7 hours ago, HollowHills said:

Hi everyone. I don't really care about fw stuff but here is what I know. Legion of Azgorh are considered a main army for aos in the same way as any other, they will continue to be supported going forward. Everything else is likely to be phased out. 

Not doubting you, but do we have a source? I'd love it if we got more support in the future and maybe a legit battletome release and new units

3 hours ago, FERRUMITE said:

Not doubting you, but do we have a source? I'd love it if we got more support in the future and maybe a legit battletome release and new units

I don't really want to say the source, but someone who knows about the balance of the game and the general's handbook support. 

No idea about if they get new models or whatever. Just "they are treated the same as every other aos army going forward". 

The rest of the stuff being squatted is a guess on my part based on hearing that it isn't supported by the rules and balance team.

I only really wanted to post to try and reassure the chorf players. If you like any models I'd buy them now just in case. 

• Like 1

AoS forge world is the complete opposite of 40k/30k forge world. 40k forge world gets used a lot. Nearly all marine players and chaos use forge world. AoS players on the other hand dont really use forge world due to availability, lack of options, and the fact that almost all of the warscrolls are total garbage. Its supply and demand and if no one is using the models then there is no demand. Thats not our fault as players. Thats the rules teams fault. Theres a lot of cool looking stuff on forge world that I would like but im not about to spend that much money on something that wont ever see table use.

• Like 5

Its bogus that they remove Tamurkhan's horde when they gave them and Chaos Dwarves allegiance abilities and "dedicated" pdfs a year ago. Then again the warscrolls were subpar compared to the rest of Games Workshop Nurgle so none used them.

Agreed with everyone else that they just let their AoS models die when they could support them by incorporating them into current factions, as mentioned about the Merwurm, Magma Dragon etc.

Well it certainly lit a fire under my butt. I picked up some models I have wanted for ages and they are as of today listed as unavailable. 

Too bad it took them being discontinued to justify the cost. If they had been any more reasonable (rules/Points cost/real cost wise) I would have purchased them much sooner. I believe they do not see success because they are expensive and neglected as far as usefulness. Which in turn makes them sell poorly which cycles to easy squatting. A self fulfilling prophecy. 

Edited by TheCovenLord
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Noooo!

the clalword is on it’s last chance to buy😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😭

Take regular Clawlord, convert Abomination or Lord Discordant and voila! Of course if someone wanted that particular scultp then it's indeed a bad news.

I think with the existence Cities of Sigmar, allies and mercenaries, these can still be useful for those who have them after the inevitable warscroll removal.

For example, if you run Beasts of Chaos, Skin Wolves feel like they might be suitable as mercenary Crypt Horrors in the Tenebrous Court.

You are basically looking for something that has the basic structural form (i.e. size, basing, etc.) of the proxied model with the surface appearance/skin of your own army.

Wolf Rats could be something like mercenary chaos warhounds (i.e. Skroug's Menegerie) in a Skaven army.