15 New Warbands

Groomy

10 hours ago, Groomy said:

Yours is an absolute utopian speculation. I will be truly surprised and eternally happy if arkanauts alone will see six(!) card variations. I just don’t believe it will happen. If I was to bet I’d say each get a generic representation like the UW warband with some extras. So a thunderer, an arkanaut, a bubble boy with spear, couple leaders and we’re done. On the other hand as I write this I wonder how much extra is fair to assume. LoN had a ton of cards while aquamen - not so much. 

Fair point, and I’m inclined to agree with you that it seems too much; it’s just that other units converted to warcry have had every separate weapon option as an individual card (thinking ironjawz, where Brutes got 5 cards, and DoK, for example. Did the deepkin cards skip options?) rather than following the UW model. And it’s a fair bet that arkanauts will be included, even if nothing else is!

On 1/6/2020 at 8:32 PM, Baron Wastelands said:

Fair point, and I’m inclined to agree with you that it seems too much; it’s just that other units converted to warcry have had every separate weapon option as an individual card (thinking ironjawz, where Brutes got 5 cards, and DoK, for example. Did the deepkin cards skip options?) rather than following the UW model. And it’s a fair bet that arkanauts will be included, even if nothing else is!

I hope to be as wrong on this as they come :)

Dear Heavenly Dice Gods, blessed be thy sides, please let Baron Wastelands come back here at the end of this (January 2020) month and say "Hah! I told you they'd make 232 weapon options for KO and all other AoS warbands! Time to preorder!" 

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Bayul said:

I am confused about the Myrmourn Banshees in the Nighthaunt set. I guess they get an new card but weren't printed in Tomb of Champions? Does GW expect me to buy this box to get one card to play Myrmourn Banshees?

it looks like that the banshees and the snufflers will be exclusive from this boxes. I bet they will be in the next tome of champions. 

Nevertheless its interesting that they are willing to increase the units for the different warbands.

2 hours ago, Bayul said:

I am confused about the Myrmourn Banshees in the Nighthaunt set. I guess they get an new card but weren't printed in Tomb of Champions? Does GW expect me to buy this box to get one card to play Myrmourn Banshees?

Yup thats how I read it. Im am not one to rant on GW everytime I disagreee with their way of handling stuff but really think that this is a stinky move. One month after printing all cards in the Tome they pack up these halfbaked warband boxes containing a ton of unnecessary models Just so we can buy one new model and a card.

Look at the Gitz box. Not only does it hold nothing but really strong models, that will make most people annoyed to play against. It also contains models to a sum above 2000 points. Warcry is a game that rarely see a campaign come even close to 1500pt. What is the point in adding so many squigs other than driving up the price of the box?

Edited by Greasygeek
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gotz said:

I bet they will be in the next tome of champions. 

Sure, but the last one was released a month ago. It's a basic easy-to-build unit. I am glad that I could play mine, but that's so unnecessary and frustrating.

edit: I bet they printed the insterted cards without considering the FAQ.

Edited by Bayul

12 hours ago, Bayul said:

Sure, but the last one was released a month ago. It's a basic easy-to-build unit. I am glad that I could play mine, but that's so unnecessary and frustrating.

edit: I bet they printed the insterted cards without considering the FAQ.

This. I'd be overly happy if this happened mid-year or prior to a TOC but a month after TOC feels weird. Nontheless. There might be a demand for goblin cards so if the price is right I might even get em. After a billion other warbands that I really can't wait to build! :D

The gryph hound statement is weird. There is a gryph already in an SCE warband. Now one has a chance to play more units from their army. Why duplicate the same fighters in different warbands is beyond me.  

Actually the pack are made from already existing sprue. For example:

Stormxast: vanguard hunter box+ vanguard raptor box

Nightaunt: aos box+easy to build box banshees

Gloomspite: snuffler box+ boing squig box

The gloomspite should cost 40€ according to the man of my shop

23 hours ago, Kramig said:

I now see that you were talking about the new SCE box. Very good point. Why in the world would gryph hounds not be there? 

23 hours ago, Kramig said:

They actually used halve of a box of Vanguard Hunters, Snufflers or Grimghast Reapers.

13 minutes ago, Groomy said:

I now see that you were talking about the new SCE box. Very good point. Why in the world would gryph hounds not be there? 

Check the Pricevalue of the included models.

Nighthaunt has a model value of 41,50 €

Gloomspite Gitz has a value of 56,25 €

And Stormcast Eternals already have a value of 55,-€ , with 3 Gryphhounds it would be 65,-€ . GW wants to sell the boxes for 40,-€ but they most likely won't want to give 25,-€ discount. The box would most likely cost 55,- - 60,- if Gryphhounds would have been included.

• Like 2

I understand why now since each box just takes already made sprues from other boxes, it's just annoying as a casual non-AoS player that I can't get all units listed on the faction card from the Warcry specific boxes. I was fine with it when there weren't Warcry boxes for the AoS factions, but I really wanted the warband boxes to have at least one (depending on build choices) of each type of unit like the chaos warband boxes.

Edited by Pickle The Hutt

Really excited to see how the Tzeentch warbands work! Although I wonder how they will make the demons work (pinks/blues/brims, primarily).

Want to see Sacrosanct show up sooner rather than later for Stormcast. It seems odd that they're releases 9 of the new, TOC warbands now, leaving just 6 for the next release (presuming they're going to drop the remaining 6 all at once).

8 hours ago, Groomy said:

Why in the world would gryph hounds not be there? 

Further to @EMMachine's point, you can get a Gryph-Hound for 12 € in the Castigators with Gryph-hound box so maybe they thought it was already cheap enough to get one?

3 hours ago, Vakarian said:

... It seems odd that they're releases 9 of the new, TOC warbands now, leaving just 6 for the next release …

I'd imagine there's a lot of play-testing and balancing that needs to go into the creation of each warband - GW don't seem to release much in the way of errata. Makes sense that, if they've finished 9, they would release them iteratively rather than waiting for the rest to be finalised. Especially if those 9 are "popular" races. 😋

• Like 1

Squeeeee! NZ preorders are up, and Skaven can not only take Rat Ogres, they have Stormfiends too! 🤩 I'm sooo excited about this. Really looking forward to building Tzeentch, Skaven, Kharadron and some Slaves to Darkness warbands (although a bit disappointed about the lack of options on StD). 

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Boxed-Games?N=1997019759+3206404541&Nr=AND(sku.siteId%3ANZ_gw%2Cproduct.locale%3Aen_NZ_gw)&Nrs=collection()%2Frecord[product.startDate+<%3D+1579951800000+and+product.endDate+>%3D+1579951800000]&view=all

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Those new warbands look awesome, and very flavorful by what rules they can apply!  I’m especially excited by both of the Tzeentch options. Cool to see that the Horrors split, but have to spend ability dice to do it, so it should be limited somewhat instead of overwhelming the opponent. 

Stormcast are gonna have a hard time building lists with enough activations without Aetherwings, but Prosecutors look *awesome*. 

On 1/7/2020 at 9:00 PM, Groomy said:

Dear Heavenly Dice Gods, blessed be thy sides, please let Baron Wastelands come back here at the end of this (January 2020) month and say "Hah! I told you they'd make 232 weapon options for KO and all other AoS warbands! Time to preorder!" 

So, 23 rather than 232, but still, nice work on finding actual gods! Wouldn’t like to anger the gods by unfulfilling prophecies, so “hah”. Preordered 😁