15 New Warbands

Groomy

They do in all the lore they've provided @zilberfrid even the very first book had survivors living in Asqhy. Consider what we've seen so far in Warcry, six mostly human factions. They aren't Order but they do exist outside of the Cities of Sigmar. There is plenty of scope in the Realms to have humans existing outside of factions that we know as armies.

Edited by Redmanphill

8 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

but it does mean a bit more work

Oh I think this is putting it lightly. A new faction is likely to be a whole lot of work for the lean teams making GW magic. 

Humans do exist. They spread, they multiply and expand in the dark. Think Kharadron but less "awesome" more "cockroach". For better or worse we will see the cavemen, that AoS humans are today, spring out into something that will demand respect even from the likes of Sigmar. That's just the nature of it all. Hopefully they will posses or be possessed by all the same follies as real people.  That all those players locked in a nostalgia-cage can relate to these new factions better.  

9 hours ago, Redmanphill said:

I am thinking that they will go with a 'Denizens of the Realms' approach in  the summer and release warbands based on *normal humans from each realm. They wouldn't all have to be from the Cities of Sigmar but they would all have to be from Order I think.

* as far as anyone from the Realms could be considered

That could be the basis of a great 2nd wave / 2nd edition of Warcry that takes the game out of the eight points. Have the narrative center around the quest for hidden realmgates for instance. Release 8 new warbands that are a non chaos reflection of the warcry ones. Alchemists from Chamon, trappers from Ghur, Azyr explorers...

If people are thinking we are ever going to get warcry like mini sets for normal order humans they are sadly mistaken. GW clearly hate normal humans and the very idea of them in age of sigmar. It's the absolute worst thing about age of sigmar the total neglect of the main human faction. Imagine if d and d got rid of the human race??? Why do GW  not realise how many thousands of people are waiting for them to release more human factions for age of sigmar. It definitely won't happen though. As their total neglect of order humans in warcry shows. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Icegoat said:

If people are thinking we are ever going to get warcry like mini sets for normal order humans they are sadly mistaken. GW clearly hate normal humans and the very idea of them in age of sigmar. It's the absolute worst thing about age of sigmar the total neglect of the main human faction. Imagine if d and d got rid of the human race??? Why do GW  not realise how many thousands of people are waiting for them to release more human factions for age of sigmar. It definitely won't happen though. As their total neglect of order humans in warcry shows. 

GW also hate Orruks - and Skaven - and Vampires - and Dwarves (of all 3 kinds) - in fact if we go by the list that "GW hates" based on releases they also hate Seraphon who I'd remind sold out their Christmas box last year in record time compared to the other AoS armies. 

Icegoat you've got to accept that right now GW isn't releasing big releases for every army when they got a new Battletome. Whilst humans, elves and dwarves did get a massive loss of models they are still in the same. They are just waiting for their turn on the wheel of updates which is steadily happening. GW already gave armies like Slaanesh (ignored for AGES) and Goblins big updates with new models. GW just does not have the resources to release 5-10 new sculpts per month for 12-20 months just for AoS alone for every army get a bit update in a row. 

As for Warcry right now GW has released 8 warbands which are all human, just Chaos humans not Order humans. GW has given no indication of releasing non-chaos Warbands. We might see non-chaos releases at some point, but its impossible to predict

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Icegoat said:

Actually I think you’re right, GW hate humans. There’s just no other explanation for the lack of normal humans. There’s been some kind of nefarious corruption inside their design studio, and every single employee is driven by a powerful, visceral hatred for the idea of releasing new order human models. This terrible curse takes precedence over any other desire, even thirst and hunger. They’re probably reading your posts right now, relishing in your desperation, groaning with pleasure at the idea of drinking your bitter tears... if only there was a cure!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Moldek said:

Actually I think you’re right, GW hate humans. There’s just no other explanation for the lack of normal humans. There’s been some kind of nefarious corruption inside their design studio, and every single employee is driven by a powerful, visceral hatred for the idea of releasing new order human models. This terrible curse takes precedence over any other desire, even thirst and hunger. They’re probably reading your posts right now, relishing in your desperation, groaning with pleasure at the idea of drinking your bitter tears... if only there was a cure!

Also humans aren’t copyrightable. Another reason GW forms cults like “Haters Anonymous - Humans” or HAH for short. And that’s the gospel truth. See? They mock us!

Edited by Groomy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Vakarian said:

Now that the Tome of Champions is out, any rumors or ideas when cards will drop for the 15 new warbands? I haven’t seen any hints but hoping it will be relatively soon. 

Still waiting for them Tyrants, Scions, 3 monsters lawl

Idk, I’m biased so hoping for dwarves then seraphon and skaven. 

You know, I kinda hope in the future that they release a ‘freed slaves’ warband for order, maybe just a rework of cities of sigmar or something. How cool would it be to have an order warband with better and more direct ties in the fluff? Maybe it could be a horde style army without too many heavies, but maybe lead by a stormcast or something?

• Like 4

On 12/17/2019 at 10:08 PM, Groomy said:

Still waiting for them Tyrants, Scions, 3 monsters lawl

Idk, I’m biased so hoping for dwarves then seraphon and skaven. 

Well, Gotrek's rules in december WD have faction symbols for every faction in the AoS (except Sacrosanct chamber).

3 minutes ago, michu said:

Well, Gotrek's rules in december WD have faction symbols for every faction in the AoS (except Sacrosanct chamber).

Can't wait for Gotrek. The games might be slow but well, favorite characters are always favorite characters. 

On 12/23/2019 at 1:25 PM, michu said:

I think that hammer with comet is CoS. And if god-specific mortals and daemons are counted as one (even with two separate symbols) then we have all 15 factions spoiled in the WD.

Unfortunately that is the symbol of the stormcast warrior chamber as shown in the new tome 

On 1/3/2020 at 5:39 PM, FractalRain said:

Hopefully the Open Day this Sat will give us some idea of release schedule for the new cards!  

Or not...yet :(

The crazy cat is coming which is awesome but I almost got too hopeful for KO cards. 

Edited by Groomy

I had a chat with one of the guys at my local and he reckoned the original plan was to bring the warband cards out with the Tome of Champions (makes more sense). He said GW had changed their minds and stepped up the book release to coincide with other things (books?). His call on cards was most likely Q1 2020.

All heresay of course, but here's hopin'!!

• Thanks 1

Be a bit odd if they don’t release at least a wave of cards early in the year, I don’t imagine they’d want to much time to go by from the release of the book. As already suggested, I’d expect that KO and Tzeentch will be in the first wave; although they may of course release all 15 at once, I wouldn’t be surprised if they release in 2 or 3 waves.

Not based on any knowledge, of course, just speculation. Am also interested to see what goes in - take KO for example, it’s a fair bet to think there will be 6 arkanauts cards (2 leader options, 4 weapon load outs), and then you’d expect to see skywardens (potentially another 5 cards for the different load outs, but that seems like a lot of flying options, so an alternative would be “regular” skywarden and “regular” endrinrigger, though what they would do without ships I’m not sure) - but no leader alternative yet, so would thunderers go in too?  Potentially 6 more cards (leader, rifle, cannon, fumigator, mortar, deck sweeper?), which is starting to sound like too much choice!

Would also expect another book at some point on the horizon with more allies (and maybe more monsters) to cover off the new factions.

13 minutes ago, Baron Wastelands said:

Be a bit odd if they don’t release at least a wave of cards early in the year, I don’t imagine they’d want to much time to go by from the release of the book. As already suggested, I’d expect that KO and Tzeentch will be in the first wave; although they may of course release all 15 at once, I wouldn’t be surprised if they release in 2 or 3 waves.

Not based on any knowledge, of course, just speculation. Am also interested to see what goes in - take KO for example, it’s a fair bet to think there will be 6 arkanauts cards (2 leader options, 4 weapon load outs), and then you’d expect to see skywardens (potentially another 5 cards for the different load outs, but that seems like a lot of flying options, so an alternative would be “regular” skywarden and “regular” endrinrigger, though what they would do without ships I’m not sure) - but no leader alternative yet, so would thunderers go in too?  Potentially 6 more cards (leader, rifle, cannon, fumigator, mortar, deck sweeper?), which is starting to sound like too much choice!

Would also expect another book at some point on the horizon with more allies (and maybe more monsters) to cover off the new factions.

Yours is an absolute utopian speculation. I will be truly surprised and eternally happy if arkanauts alone will see six(!) card variations. I just don’t believe it will happen. If I was to bet I’d say each get a generic representation like the UW warband with some extras. So a thunderer, an arkanaut, a bubble boy with spear, couple leaders and we’re done. On the other hand as I write this I wonder how much extra is fair to assume. LoN had a ton of cards while aquamen - not so much. 

2 arkanaut

2 bubbleboiz

1-2 thunderers

2 leaders 

This is 8 cards which on one hand is more than some but less than others. I hope to be ridiculously wrong and excited when Warcry devs surprise me yet again with 25 fighter options :D