CMD Abilities

Rupert1983

Hi folks!

General questions about command abilities.

1. How many cmd abilities I can use per turn?

2. Some of cmd abilities state, that I can use it if this model is my army's general, others just say I can use it at the beginning of the hero phase. Is it deliberate? Or is it just a mistake? Other words, can I use cmd ability from regular hero if there is nothing about being an army general and than use cmd ability of a general?

3. If I decide to play some dedicated faction like The Bloodlords, does my general gain their cmd ability, or does he substitute cmd ability which he has in his war scroll? Other words, does he get just one or both of cmd abilities?

Best regards. 

• Thanks 1

1. As many as you have Command Points to spend on

2. One is a timing restriction, the other a restriction on who may use it. If f.e. a model with "if this model is the general" in his CA is NOT your general, you can´t use the ability. So, otherwise, you are right: Non-Generals may user their CA´s if not stated otherwise in the CA itself.

3. He gains an additional ability unless stated otherwise by the aligience itself.

And yes, theoreticaly you could also use the same ability multiple times on the same unit as long as the rule doesn´t forbid it, mostly seen with f.e. Volturnos within IDK. Feels weird but is ok.

27 minutes ago, Rupert1983 said:

Another question. Are armies  limited to having just one artefact, as I can see in warscroll builder? As far as I have noticed, tournament lists often have more than one piece of artefact.

You get one artifact + one extra for every warscroll battalion in your army (Some other skills and abilities may grant you extra artifacts too, but they're rare exceptions).

Edited by dekay

Futhermore, if you are playing in a particular realm, that also comes with an additional command ability your heros know.. in conjunction with the 6 "generic" command abilities that EVERY hero knows (auto run 6", re-roll a charge, Inspiring presence, Reroll 1s to hit in melee and shooting, and reroll 1s to save)

• 4 weeks later...

You mean core book? There are three

On 12/4/2019 at 10:24 PM, sal4m4nd3r said:

Futhermore, if you are playing in a particular realm, that also comes with an additional command ability your heros know.. in conjunction with the 6 "generic" command abilities that EVERY hero knows (auto run 6", re-roll a charge, Inspiring presence, Reroll 1s to hit in melee and shooting, and reroll 1s to save)

So, where are all six?

• Like 1

Don't forget that there are A LOT of command abilities that have been updated in the FAQ/ Errata to clarify that a unit cannot benefit from it more than once per turn (ie: no stacking). 

It might not be stated in the rules text printed on the warscroll or in the battletome, so check the FAQ on the Warhammer Community page to see if there has been an update.