The Painting Contract - December 2019

TheOtherJosh

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

The neutral skin tone really helps the whole thing keep from being a riot of colors and look more like an intentional twisted glade. Like twisted by magic or perhaps its coral. I'm really surprised I haven't seen a coral Sylvaneth army in the "Alliance of Wood and Sea" batallion but I guess nobody plays that lol.

I digressed. They look great!

Thank you, Red King, had to admit I was uncertain with the color choice. As you said, it runs the risk of being a strange mish-mash of colors. I think I've actually seen a coral sylvaneth army on facebook before, and it looked out of this world! I would totally play the Alliance of Wood and Sea if it had better rules in it. 

Maybe next tome lol.

The Dreaming Wood in Athel Loren from Warhammer Fantasy is what inspired these guys for me, haha. It'll only apply to the outcasts though. I'm trying to represent the four seasons with my sylvaneth, like they're a confederation of clans fighting together. The outcasts are going to be given winter bases to represent that season.

Edited by ThalmorRepresentative
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 11/29/2019 at 2:50 PM, Maxi99 said:

So for this month the plan is:

1. 6 Necropolis Stalkers (half done at the moment)

2. Boneshaper

3. 20 more Mortek Guard

Stretch:

Finish and base Nagash. I started the model the best part of 3 years ago, but never finished off some of the details. Im resisting the urge to strip it at the moment, as it will not be the same quality as the rest of the army once I’m finished, but it’s a good measure of how much I’ve improved in that time.

Finished the mortek guard as well.

Ive basically finished Nagash now as well, just got to finish the book that he’s holding n and it’s done. 

EC5F9722-9D4B-4F27-B8DA-7279AE91F542.jpeg

1D8690FD-12FA-417B-AC23-8704BF12CE67.jpeg

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 2

Well as the year wraps up, I have failed another challenge after starting the year quite strongly. I completed my 3 gore gruntaz and got 4 of 5 ard boyz done so not too disappointed. The unpainted model count for my Warclans is getting smaller so (insert best Cornish farmer accent here) I mustn't grumble. 2019 was a pretty poor hobby year. Here's to 2020, and may hobby greatness fill our lives with painted models and a decrease of grey plasticrack!!!

• Like 1

Right on time, just before the month ends (I have been painting this morning)

I completed the promised corpse cart and 3/5 hexwraiths (horses not finished, but riders are). I started with those before doing also the black knight parts. These are the photos of the corpse cart (even one guiding the boys).

IMG-20191231-WA0005.jpg.728a6469149d1f7b0962f7c4ddaee797.jpgIMG-20191231-WA0004.jpg.0b4a6eb28d1cb912d20bea1072be6285.jpgIMG-20191231-WA0007.jpg.72a9a144a8a6d27cac52b4b7a6d99b2c.jpg

And these are the semi-completed hexwraiths. Also posing with the commander of my current black knights, so you can figure the end result (base and horse bones left)

IMG-20191231-WA0009.jpg.bed2dc3d5f60ac22d66b4fbb7afda364.jpg

IMG-20191231-WA0012.jpg.f2c34479981693978c1c80df2009308a.jpg

Happy new year everybody!

Chikrit

• Like 2

On 12/3/2019 at 12:22 AM, l1censetochill said:

Well, I'm back for another month. Just got home after a long trip and jet lagged as hell, but still in one piece, and looking forward to getting back to hobbying after being away from home for a couple weeks.

It has the potential to be another short month due to Christmas travel, but I'll still plan on doing the following:

Knight-Heraldor
Astreia Solbright
Celestar Ballista + Crew

I'll call finishing that list a win if I can manage it, as the Astreia model is very detailed and will probably take me a whole week. If I finish early, I'll go for bonus points by painting an Endless Spell or two. I'll also try and build my next 3 Evocators on Dracolines.

Good luck to everyone else on meeting their goals as well!

Posting a few days late on this one, as travel and family stuff around the holidays made it tough to update here - however, I did manage to finish up my original contract for December!

I did substitute a unit of Vanguard-Raptors for the Celestar Ballista, as they fit better into my plans for an Escalation League I'm participating in. It's the same number of models, though, so we calls it even.

The regular Stormcast models on foot have become pretty routine at this point, so not to much to comment on there. I wasn't completely satisfied with how my Astreia Solbright turned out, as shading and highlighting the Dracoline's skin was trickier than I thought it would be. In retrospect, I should have watered the shade down significantly. However, the high contrast effect it created does make for an interesting look, and I'm perfectly fine with using it on the tabletop alongside my existing unit of Evocators.

Apologies for the late post, looking forward to more productive hobbying this month!

IMG_4060.JPG

IMG_4073.JPG

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1