Help with cities

Aphotic

A local guy has been completely trashing most players with a list I havent seen anywhere else

Arlielle

Anointed on frost Phoenix

50 dark shards 

Flame Phoenix

Fulcrum

It's got massive threat saturation. I play nighthaunt or legions and have tried many things with the exception of legion of grief. I've played beasts, maggotkin, death, I've tried everything short of nagash to try and beat this list.

It seems to me an impossible task with the target saturation he has. He ambushes arlielle on turn one, summons a treelord, ambushes the Phoenix and you either get hit with a full health arlielle or jammed with a 2+ rerolling 1's frost Phoenix with a 4 up shrug. 

The shooting the list throws out is really  intense and the ambushing shooting is almost as bad as the ambushing big guys.

Help?

4 hours ago, Aphotic said:

A local guy has been completely trashing most players with a list I havent seen anywhere else

Arlielle

Anointed on frost Phoenix

50 dark shards 

Flame Phoenix

Fulcrum

It's got massive threat saturation. I play nighthaunt or legions and have tried many things with the exception of legion of grief. I've played beasts, maggotkin, death, I've tried everything short of nagash to try and beat this list.

It seems to me an impossible task with the target saturation he has. He ambushes arlielle on turn one, summons a treelord, ambushes the Phoenix and you either get hit with a full health arlielle or jammed with a 2+ rerolling 1's frost Phoenix with a 4 up shrug. 

The shooting the list throws out is really  intense and the ambushing shooting is almost as bad as the ambushing big guys.

Help?

He has to ambush from the edge, that's why you have to land a unit or 2 or 3 (depend of your army compo) like a "conga" try to maximize the distance between models (1"), and put it at 9" from the edge. For shoot just use a high move unit to charge at turn 1 or 2.

10 hours ago, Grimoriano said:

He has to ambush from the edge, that's why you have to land a unit or 2 or 3 (depend of your army compo) like a "conga" try to maximize the distance between models (1"), and put it at 9" from the edge. For shoot just use a high move unit to charge at turn 1 or 2.

You can do it slightly further then 9. Base +9

• Thanks 1