Contrast and warbands comments and questions

passtheKhorneplease

So I just got some contrast paints this week and used them on my untamed beasts and I have to say the results have been awesome.  I am not a very skilled painter and i made a bit of a mistake with the darkoath flesh on one model, but overall they look wonderful.  With all the flesh, fur, leather and feathers in these warbands I am so glad there are these paints.  If you are weak painter I can not recommend them enough.  Also flesher tearers red over Bathasar Gold is beautiful.  Also if I am going for a very dark skin tone, should I use Cygor Brown or Wyldwood or something else?  Also if I want to do very pale skin is apothecary white too white?  Is there a better option?  Has anyone tried Aggros Dunes to  create a more yellowish skin tone?  Thanks for any input or other impressions

• Like 1

Wyldwood is my favorite. I've bought some contrasts before the Untamed came out and practiced on a Darkoath Chief and the Godsworn hunt. The Darkoath skin, Snakebite leather, Wyldwood and maybe some metallic did the trick so well. 

Apothecary is great for white. It turns into this soft soft gray in the recesses and barely darkens the white underneath it. 

• Like 1

Dark Skin Tones:

3EEDB889-11A4-4047-8811-383E27DBDE6C.jpeg.916897be536598fd16e44baad4af8a19.jpeg

LtoR: Gore-Grunta Fur, Cygor Brown, Wyldwood.

IMO, Cygor Brown, with Catachan Flesh to cover as a highlight tone has been fantastic. Wyldwood is better for trees and wood.

Apoth White was great for white like on a car, but not as a skin color. Try Seraphim Sepia (yellowish) or Reikland Fleshshade (redfish), followed with something like pallid wych flesh.

• Like 2