Starcast - The Thread

Turragor

5 hours ago, Marcvs said:

all the target of the bites must be declared at the same time

tbh I can see why they think that, but it doesn't say that you pick all at once. Just that you pick 3 or more. TO decision is always best in any case!

Hey guys!

I've been playing AoS for a few months and have a pretty standard set of stormcast units, lots of sequitors and evocators from different starting boxes mostly.

Now I've been thinking about the idea of getting into a more sophisticated list and some version of Starcast just seems absolutely lovely.

I've read more or less the entire thread and havn't seem this particular list, and wanted your input before I go and buy the stardrake and celestant prime (I dont have either model - huge investment obviously in both time and money). Im not bothering with the artefacts etc as I am to new to fully understand the list yet, so I'd just be copying whatever you guys put there anyway.

Leaders

Lord Celestant on Stardrake (500)

Celestant Prime (340)

Lord Castellant (120)

Knight Incantor (140)

Units

5x liberators

5x liberators

5x liberators

3x evocators on dracolines(260)

5x evocators (220)

Endless spells

Everblaze comet (100)

Total: 1980p

Now, I realize there are better list - but I'm not looking at getting the absolute best list out there for now. I really like the idea of the prime, stardrake and comet, and then it's really just a matter of support units/heroes and what to do with the remaining cirka 500 p that i decided to spend on evocators.

What do you guys think of this as a starting point? Or am I missing some important synergy because I've compromised a bit with the list?

Thanks in advance

5 minutes ago, Django said:

Hey guys!

I've been playing AoS for a few months and have a pretty standard set of stormcast units, lots of sequitors and evocators from different starting boxes mostly.

Now I've been thinking about the idea of getting into a more sophisticated list and some version of Starcast just seems absolutely lovely.

I've read more or less the entire thread and havn't seem this particular list, and wanted your input before I go and buy the stardrake and celestant prime (I dont have either model - huge investment obviously in both time and money). Im not bothering with the artefacts etc as I am to new to fully understand the list yet, so I'd just be copying whatever you guys put there anyway.

Leaders

Lord Celestant on Stardrake (500)

Celestant Prime (340)

Lord Castellant (120)

Knight Incantor (140)

Units

5x liberators

5x liberators

5x liberators

3x evocators on dracolines(260)

5x evocators (220)

Endless spells

Everblaze comet (100)

Total: 1980p

Now, I realize there are better list - but I'm not looking at getting the absolute best list out there for now. I really like the idea of the prime, stardrake and comet, and then it's really just a matter of support units/heroes and what to do with the remaining cirka 500 p that i decided to spend on evocators.

What do you guys think of this as a starting point? Or am I missing some important synergy because I've compromised a bit with the list?

Thanks in advance

Hi and welcome! :)

So first of all about the investment: yes, both the Prime and the Stardrake are quite the heavyweights (and the latter is going up in price on 1 June :/ ). If you have other order armies or plan to expand into those in the future, the Prime can be an interesting ally in many lists so this makes it more interesting. Also, if you plan on playing in tournaments with "what you see is what you get", magnetizing the Stardrake knight is worth it to be able to swap between Celestant and Templar.

Also, I feel I should mentioned what people around tell all the time to new Stormcast players these days: a new battletome might be coming somewhere in the future which might shake things a lot. However, no one really knows when this is coming so it's difficult to plan around it and it might still be 6 to 9 months away due to coronavirus delays. Plus, there will be probably some points adjustments in the new General's Handbook, although that should not change too much the situation in terms of viable lists.

Now, coming to the list: my main suggestion without changing too many things would be to try and find a way to field a unit of 6 evocators on dracolines. The 5 evocators on foot won't do much on their own and you do not have many interesting targets for their buff spells. In order to find the missing 40 points for this I would try a version of the list with a Lord Exorcist instead of the knight incantor (you can just proxy one for the other as long as you are playing casually). You lose that wonderful auto-unbind but the kitties are a fair exchange. Those cats sure hit hard and you can hope to distract your opponent with the Stardrake while they get into position. It is surely worth a try!

In terms of synerrgies you are losing, the main one is the absence of the second stardrake, which means one less rain of stars and a +1 to cast for the comet. A 5+ is still quite reliable but it makes it easier for opponents to unbind. Also, without a second wizard, you will find it hard to dispel your own comet if your opponent does not do it in your place. If you do not manage to cast the comet on your first turn, you might consider keeping the Prime in the air one more turn (and get the bonus attacks) as it will be difficult to snipe small heroes anyway.

Ok, this is what I can think of right now :)

@DjangoI'll add that while 6 evocators on kittens are the best size when you take them, they hit hard in MELEE only. They have no range attacks.
Meanwhile you could field 4 fulminators for 480points, boasting a massive 3+ save, hard  hitting on charge, since you're not going to be at 2000points you might be able to get the free rerolls to hit, use a Cp for the Stardrake's ability giving them reroll to wounds. That's in MELEE. Because they can actually shoot a mini comet! range 12, hits on 4+, D3MW per model. They're not wizards but in my opinion, if you want to field a cavalry unit instead of a drake, Dracothian guards are the real deal. They're closer to the idea of blasting from afar before engaging.

Where are you from mate ?

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
Mortal Realm: Aqshy
Celestant-Prime (340)
Lord-Celestant on Stardrake (500)
- General
- Celestine Hammer
- Command Trait: Staunch Defender
- Artefact: Ignax's Scales
- Mount Trait: Storm-winged
Knight-Incantor (140)
Lord-Castellant (120)
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
4 x Fulminators (480)
Everblaze Comet (100)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 85

Edited by Maturin

1 hour ago, Turragor said:

tbh I can see why they think that, but it doesn't say that you pick all at once. Just that you pick 3 or more. TO decision is always best in any case!

there we go, TO said that you have to pick targets before rolling, so not possible to eat the results of the split (and also you cannot try again if you fail). Yay, let's push down the Stardrake and up the pinks, they need that :/ not gonna change much, but it's kind of frustrating, luckily it's only in the context of the league -cause for the rest no opponent ever said anything about the idea of picking -> rolling -> resolivng -> picking -> rolling etc

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

Hi and welcome! :)

So first of all about the investment: yes, both the Prime and the Stardrake are quite the heavyweights (and the latter is going up in price on 1 June :/ ). If you have other order armies or plan to expand into those in the future, the Prime can be an interesting ally in many lists so this makes it more interesting. Also, if you plan on playing in tournaments with "what you see is what you get", magnetizing the Stardrake knight is worth it to be able to swap between Celestant and Templar.

Also, I feel I should mentioned what people around tell all the time to new Stormcast players these days: a new battletome might be coming somewhere in the future which might shake things a lot. However, no one really knows when this is coming so it's difficult to plan around it and it might still be 6 to 9 months away due to coronavirus delays. Plus, there will be probably some points adjustments in the new General's Handbook, although that should not change too much the situation in terms of viable lists.

Now, coming to the list: my main suggestion without changing too many things would be to try and find a way to field a unit of 6 evocators on dracolines. The 5 evocators on foot won't do much on their own and you do not have many interesting targets for their buff spells. In order to find the missing 40 points for this I would try a version of the list with a Lord Exorcist instead of the knight incantor (you can just proxy one for the other as long as you are playing casually). You lose that wonderful auto-unbind but the kitties are a fair exchange. Those cats sure hit hard and you can hope to distract your opponent with the Stardrake while they get into position. It is surely worth a try!

In terms of synerrgies you are losing, the main one is the absence of the second stardrake, which means one less rain of stars and a +1 to cast for the comet. A 5+ is still quite reliable but it makes it easier for opponents to unbind. Also, without a second wizard, you will find it hard to dispel your own comet if your opponent does not do it in your place. If you do not manage to cast the comet on your first turn, you might consider keeping the Prime in the air one more turn (and get the bonus attacks) as it will be difficult to snipe small heroes anyway.

Ok, this is what I can think of right now :)

Thanks a lot. Yeah they’re both going up in price, and since I had already decided I was going to buy the prime that was an easy choice - but now Im more and more leaning towards a stardrake aswell, ”to save money” (the things we tell ourselves, right..). 

Problem is I don’t have 6 kitties, just the 3, and well as much as I understand 3 more would make the list better, I’m just not ready to buy another 40 euros roughtly more of models if I go down this route. I think I’d just live with the fact that it is a worse version, and work towards perfecting it at a later stage. But I get your point, 5 evos on foot or 3 on cats are a bit awkward because they kind of do decent damage but are pretty fragile. Maybe just put in a block of 15x sequitors instead and adding a Lord Relictor for some translocation shenanagans, giving the list a few more bodies aswell that are quite hard to punch through. Again, Im not saying I think it’s the best fit for the list, but maybe not terrible either..? 

One thing Im wondering about is what to do with my command point(s) in this list, since I dont own any dracoth units (other than a single vandus hammerhand) I have no use for the Lord Celestant one, and since Im not taking a stormhost (or I guess I could but then is the LCoSD even worth given that I have to take a weak artefact?). I guess I could use it for battleshock but just seems a bit ”meh” to not even have a more fun use of it. Any ideas? 

25 minutes ago, Maturin said:

@DjangoI'll add that while 6 evocators on kittens are the best size when you take them, they hit hard in MELEE only. They have no range attacks.
Meanwhile you could field 6 desolators for 600points, boasting a massive 3+ save, lots of attacks (hitting on 4 sadly but you could use a Cp to give them rerolls to hits), use a Cp for the Stardrake's ability giving them reroll to wounds. That's in MELEE. Because they can actually shoot a mini comet! range 12, hits on 4+, D3MW per model. They're not wizards but in my opinion, if you want to field a cavalry unit instead of a drake, Dracothian guards are the real deal. They're closer to the idea of blasting from afar before engaging.

Where are you from mate ?

I’d love to have another 150 euro to spend on desolators to fill out the list but I just can’t motivate myself to buy a stardrake, celestant prime, endless spells and 3 boxes of dracoth units at the same time. Maybe in the future, but at the moment im looking at a entry level list. If I ever compete in a tournament or something with it, i’d probably invest more to make it as good as it can be. But I want to play more and just try out these cool models. 

I’m from Sweden, which is a blessing these days as my local junkie store.. I mean local gaming store is still open and I can go there and play 🙂

Thanks for the feed back guys, it’s very useful to hear from people who have actually played the list and can give a bit of insight. I find it pretty hard to understand a list from just reading what models it contains and then read warscrolls and try to figure out what is good/what is fun. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Django said:

Thanks a lot. Yeah they’re both going up in price, and since I had already decided I was going to buy the prime that was an easy choice - but now Im more and more leaning towards a stardrake aswell, ”to save money” (the things we tell ourselves, right..). 

Problem is I don’t have 6 kitties, just the 3, and well as much as I understand 3 more would make the list better, I’m just not ready to buy another 40 euros roughtly more of models if I go down this route. I think I’d just live with the fact that it is a worse version, and work towards perfecting it at a later stage. But I get your point, 5 evos on foot or 3 on cats are a bit awkward because they kind of do decent damage but are pretty fragile. Maybe just put in a block of 15x sequitors instead and adding a Lord Relictor for some translocation shenanagans, giving the list a few more bodies aswell that are quite hard to punch through. Again, Im not saying I think it’s the best fit for the list, but maybe not terrible either..? 

One thing Im wondering about is what to do with my command point(s) in this list, since I dont own any dracoth units (other than a single vandus hammerhand) I have no use for the Lord Celestant one, and since Im not taking a stormhost (or I guess I could but then is the LCoSD even worth given that I have to take a weak artefact?). I guess I could use it for battleshock but just seems a bit ”meh” to not even have a more fun use of it. Any ideas? 

Yup, I understand your point about investing even more money. In this sense, you might also want to take a look at ballistas, they are quite a nice addition and hold their own at more "casual" level of playing and you can normally find them at half price or less on eBay.

Concerning command points: my main uses are 1) to reroll 1s to hit with a Stardrake (in your list also the Celestant Prime is a great candidate for this); 2) to reroll 1s to save in melee with the Templar if I do not have a mystic shield on it (and in your list you don't have many wizards so this might be interesting); 3) to automatically roll 6 to run and get the Stadrakes (or liberators :D ) around

Edited by Marcvs

10 hours ago, Marcvs said:

you cannot try again if you fail

This is wrong from TO pov even I think. You can pick 1 or more targets and roll the number of times on the damage table.

So you could pick a banner bearer and 1 pink horror and roll for the banner bearer (fail), roll for the banner bearer again (succeed) and then the final pink horror (succeed).

Or Roll for banner bearer (succeed), final pink horror (succeed) - no more targets for 3rd roll.

There's no mention of repeat targeting at all.

I feel they're being awkward about this for no reason :D - it's like Stormwinged, folks get all twisted up about minutiae of SC rules when the SC tome and units have to be bled dry to get semi-respectable use from them.

10 hours ago, Django said:

I’m from Sweden, which is a blessing these days as my local junkie store.. I mean local gaming store is still open and I can go there and play 🙂

Thanks for the feed back guys, it’s very useful to hear from people who have actually played the list and can give a bit of insight. I find it pretty hard to understand a list from just reading what models it contains and then read warscrolls and try to figure out what is good/what is fun. 

Me too! Well Stockholm. I'd offer to play and show you the ropes but as anyone who plays at my local knows, I barely get time to play other than tournaments :D

14 minutes ago, Turragor said:

I second this, the Prime with rr to hit arriving on r2 or 3 can make ppl sweat.

Though when you have only the comet + a drake, it's always good to know you can do 3MW for sure in a random radius! Tough choice.
The psychological impact of a non yet arrived Prime is hilarious though. It makes people do mistakes!
But as mine always disappoint me melee wise, I tend to play him as a mobile MW artillery.

@Django I can have a pretty sweet deal for you for a Stardrake+Dracoths if you're interested. PM me.

Edited by Maturin

On 5/26/2020 at 10:32 PM, Marcvs said:

Yup, I understand your point about investing even more money. In this sense, you might also want to take a look at ballistas, they are quite a nice addition and hold their own at more "casual" level of playing and you can normally find them at half price or less on eBay.

Concerning command points: my main uses are 1) to reroll 1s to hit with a Stardrake (in your list also the Celestant Prime is a great candidate for this); 2) to reroll 1s to save in melee with the Templar if I do not have a mystic shield on it (and in your list you don't have many wizards so this might be interesting); 3) to automatically roll 6 to run and get the Stadrakes (or liberators :D ) around

Now I might be an idiot, but how do I spend a command point to reroll 1s to hit or reroll 1s to save? 

13 hours ago, Turragor said:

Me too! Well Stockholm. I'd offer to play and show you the ropes but as anyone who plays at my local knows, I barely get time to play other than tournaments :D

Im down in Malmö so unfortunately no stardrake on stardrake action as of yet I guess ;) 

13 hours ago, Maturin said:

Though when you have only the comet + a drake, it's always good to know you can do 3MW for sure in a random radius! Tough choice.
The psychological impact of a non yet arrived Prime is hilarious though. It makes people do mistakes!
But as mine always disappoint me melee wise, I tend to play him as a mobile MW artillery.

@Django I can have a pretty sweet deal for you for a Stardrake+Dracoths if you're interested. PM me.

Yeah I love the Prime’s set of rules, seems to be able to do different things in different matchups which just makes him more fun and interesting to play with, compared to something that just is always good in the same way as every other game (my friend who started playing at the same time as me, meaning I’ve faced him quite a few times, choose Ossiarch as his army.. Very strong stuff indeed but just a bit meh rules wise, for me). 

Unfortunately I’ve already ordered my stardrake, but I’d guess you’ve already painted your drake and I really want to paint it. But thanks anyway :) 

10 hours ago, Django said:

Now I might be an idiot, but how do I spend a command point to reroll 1s to hit or reroll 1s to save?

Not at all, it IS slightly confusing at first. Beyond those in the core rules, there are 3 extra command abilities in the General's Hanbook 2019 (p. 57)

All-out Attack: You can use this command ability at the start of the combat phase. If you do so, pick 1 friendly unit wholly within 12" of a friendly HERO, or wholly within 18" of a friendly HERO that is a general. You can re-roll hit rolls of 1 for attacks made by that unit until the end of that phase.

All-out Defence: You can use this command ability at the start of the combat phase. If you do so, pick 1 friendly unit that is wholly within 12" of a friendly HERO, or wholly within 18" of a friendly HERO that is a general. You can re-roll save rolls of 1 for attacks that target that unit until the end of that phase.

Volley Fire: You can use this command ability at the start of your shooting phase. If you do so, pick 1 friendly unit that is wholly within 12" of a friendly HERO, or wholly within 18" of a friendly HERO that is a general. You can re-roll hit rolls of 1 for attacks made by that unit until the end of that phase.

21 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

Not at all, it IS slightly confusing at first. Beyond those in the core rules, there are 3 extra command abilities in the General's Hanbook 2019 (p. 57)

All-out Attack: You can use this command ability at the start of the combat phase. If you do so, pick 1 friendly unit wholly within 12" of a friendly HERO, or wholly within 18" of a friendly HERO that is a general. You can re-roll hit rolls of 1 for attacks made by that unit until the end of that phase.

All-out Defence: You can use this command ability at the start of the combat phase. If you do so, pick 1 friendly unit that is wholly within 12" of a friendly HERO, or wholly within 18" of a friendly HERO that is a general. You can re-roll save rolls of 1 for attacks that target that unit until the end of that phase.

Volley Fire: You can use this command ability at the start of your shooting phase. If you do so, pick 1 friendly unit that is wholly within 12" of a friendly HERO, or wholly within 18" of a friendly HERO that is a general. You can re-roll hit rolls of 1 for attacks made by that unit until the end of that phase.

Thanks a lot, didn't realize there were more command abitilies that everyone can use in the Generals Handbook. It' s a bit annoying that the rules are spread out over a lot of different source (Core rule book, Generals handbook, battletome, erratas, FAQs..) but I guess that's just how it is.

Sounds like a great use for the command points in this list. As I understand it is very impotant that Celestant Prime kills whatever he charges into since he is quite vulnerable (maybe a bit less if close to the staunch defender but still). So rerolling those ones could be really imporant to get 5 or 7 wound rolls depending on when he enters the battle.

What do you think about the Comet, how much support in terms on wizards is needed to make proper use of it? Im thinking about running 2 incantors (or 1 incantor + lord arcanum on foot), the downside obviously being that the model count goes even lower.

13 hours ago, Django said:

Unfortunately I’ve already ordered my stardrake, but I’d guess you’ve already painted your drake and I really want to paint it. But thanks anyway :)

Nah, there was a guy selling in my coutnry, a LCoSD and 6Dracoths for 140euros. Unpainted/magnetized.

2 hours ago, Django said:

Sounds like a great use for the command points in this list. As I understand it is very impotant that Celestant Prime kills whatever he charges into since he is quite vulnerable (maybe a bit less if close to the staunch defender but still). So rerolling those ones could be really imporant to get 5 or 7 wound rolls depending on when he enters the battle.

What do you think about the Comet, how much support in terms on wizards is needed to make proper use of it? Im thinking about running 2 incantors (or 1 incantor + lord arcanum on foot), the downside obviously being that the model count goes even lower.

1 : Staunch defender onmy kicks in if you haven't charged. Careful.
2 : That's too much. If I was to take two mage, I'd rather take to incantors.

Well in a moment of weakness I ordered a Stardrake the day before it goes up price! Have always wanted one and my current Stormcast army really lacks any kind of centrepiece.

Or.. maybe it was a moment of strength? The strength to DO WHAT IS NECESSARY 🧐

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 5/26/2020 at 2:18 PM, Marcvs said:

In this matchup I think that Places of Arcane Power or Knife to the Heart would slightly increase my chances, with Starstrike being always nice for Starcast (due point scoring being delayed and heavier emphasis on later turns). Shifting Objectives and Focal Points are not great due to the possibility to string Pink Horrors across two objectives. Total Commitment is the worst (I so hope to see this disapper in the next GHB: can I keep my ONLY allegiance ability please?)

Right, my adventure in the French League with the StormKroak list has ended with a defeat at the hand of the Tzeentch conflagration+changehost (and 20 pinks) list.

The battleplan was Shifting Objectives and (unfortunately) confirmed my previous analysis.

I was pretty happy of the deployment I had come up with when preparing the game. Of course I was too tense to take a screenshot at the beginning but you can more or less see it here (only the celestant, the small heroes and the LoC had moved). In practice my objective was to: 1) deploy everything out of the 27" threat range of flamers, 2) screen with the liberators so that he could not TP the 20 pinks and engage the stadrakes with a destiny dice charge (so they were 3.1" behind the libertors line), 3) place my wizards outside unbind range.

20200601222627_1.jpg.ecf53946656bf9b40307f597f608bb9b.jpg

In this situation my opponent at least had to consider what to do and he choose (wrongly, IMHO) to give me first turn. I could deploy a good amount of magic, although after the everblaze comet he used the splitting of pinks to get into unbind range for kroak (he unbound one spell). I killed 4 flamers, the exalted flamer and the changeling, did 6 wounds on the LoC and moved the buffed lord celestant to take the 3 pts objective. I had one unit of liberators in reserve but I decided against using it to get one VP. Not that it would have mattered because...

In his turn he moved up the 20 pinks, used the destiny dices for the charge and placed them to cover two objectives. He also had two 1s in his pool so at the end of the turn there were 20 pinks again in addition to the blues generated in the meantime.

20200601225040_1.jpg.cf12f583b43fd228b6f8f2a8da56928e.jpg

3pts objective shifted to the left (controlled by the pinks + brims). He won priority and gave me the initiative. I was already convinced that this was over (quite hard to do 100 wounds before points difference becomes too large), tried to see what my turn would bring but now the LoC was in unbind range so I couldn't kill it. Another 1 in the destiny dices meant no battleshock losses + more pinks. I retreated the celestant, dropped the liberators to try and grab the right objective, failed the charge, rerolled, failed and decided I could not win this. The opponent was very gracious and had very nice words about the list and managing to get this far with stormcasts :D

With a similar t1 and a different battleplan I think I would have had at least a bigger fighting chance. Oh well, I am starting another league this week :D

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marcvs said:

Right, my adventure in the French League with the StormKroak list has ended with a defeat at the hand of the Tzeentch conflagration+changehost (and 20 pinks) list.

The battleplan was Shifting Objectives and (unfortunately) confirmed my previous analysis.

I was pretty happy of the deployment I had come up with when preparing the game. Of course I was too tense to take a screenshot at the beginning but you can more or less see it here (only the celestant, the small heroes and the LoC had moved). In practice my objective was to: 1) deploy everything out of the 27" threat range of flamers, 2) screen with the liberators so that he could not TP the 20 pinks and engage the stadrakes with a destiny dice charge (so they were 3.1" behind the libertors line), 3) place my wizards outside unbind range.

20200601222627_1.jpg.ecf53946656bf9b40307f597f608bb9b.jpg

In this situation my opponent at least had to consider what to do and he choose (wrongly, IMHO) to give me first turn. I could deploy a good amount of magic, although after the everblaze comet he used the splitting of pinks to get into unbind range for kroak (he unbound one spell). I killed 4 flamers, the exalted flamer and the changeling, did 6 wounds on the LoC and moved the buffed lord celestant to take the 3 pts objective. I had one unit of liberators in reserve but I decided against using it to get one VP. Not that it would have mattered because...

In his turn he moved up the 20 pinks, used the destiny dices for the charge and placed them to cover two objectives. He also had two 1s in his pool so at the end of the turn there were 20 pinks again in addition to the blues generated in the meantime.

20200601225040_1.jpg.cf12f583b43fd228b6f8f2a8da56928e.jpg

3pts objective shifted to the left (controlled by the pinks + brims). He won priority and gave me the initiative. I was already convinced that this was over (quite hard to do 100 wounds before points difference becomes too large), tried to see what my turn would bring but now the LoC was in unbind range so I couldn't kill it. Another 1 in the destiny dices meant no battleshock losses + more pinks. I retreated the celestant, dropped the liberators to try and grab the right objective, failed the charge, rerolled, failed and decided I could not win this. The opponent was very gracious and had very nice words about the list and managing to get this far with stormcasts :D

With a similar t1 and a different battleplan I think I would have had at least a bigger fighting chance. Oh well, I am starting another league this week :D

I think this this is where a Stardrake Celestar combination could have done wonders. T1, you could destroy his LOC if you do not fail your rolls :)
Merci for the batrep !

1 hour ago, Maturin said:

I think this this is where a Stardrake Celestar combination could have done wonders. T1, you could destroy his LOC if you do not fail your rolls :)
Merci for the batrep !

Avec plaisir :)

Fair point about Mr. Hammertime and generally worth considering, in particular if (when) points for Kroak go up. In this particular matchup however I am not sure it would have changed that much: screening the LOC with pinks wouldn't have been too difficult for my opponent (considering that then he can just teleport them afterwards). Also right now the opportunity cost for the Prime is pretty high, notably because without Kroak our protection against magic is really bad -again, in this matchup, thanks to the penalties of the drakes I was able to keep the enemy casting to a minimum (1 spell going off in two turns)

9 minutes ago, Ninelives said:

Wow, this looks cool   @Marcvs, was that played using tabletop simulator? How were the pictures of the units added? 

yes, that's Tabletop Simulator. Pictures of the units are added (either 2D or 3D depending on the army) by people who know some kind of dark magic and are able to produce the models :D For instance, there was no separate drakesworn templar model so I asked one of these people and paid him/her to create it and add it on the workshop.

You can find them in the steam workshop for TTS searching for the name of the army.

Edited by Marcvs
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose Lumineth will be very powerful and all that BUT I am looking forward to stopping their Vanari from shining by eating the right models with Cavernous Jaws 🐉 right before resolving attacks :D

q6IAx43hB8Vxo7Du.jpg

Edited by Marcvs
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1