Starcast - The Thread

Turragor

11 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

While I think losing Stormwinged is a huge loss to the drake (my opponents hate this "gimmick")

Well, I can't really do that in my local Warhammer store. Otherwise I'm considered a "THAT GUY", so ...

6 hours ago, Turragor said:

I know hallowheart is popular but I think points intense if you take whitefire retinue? 

Living city is excellent and tempests eye are good 

I really have a thing for hammerhal though. Armour of mallus is good on the LCoSD (albeit worse than the living city equivalent). But I mainly like the command ability because you can attack and bite with the drake(s) a 2nd time. It doesn't say attack with the weapons it is armed with. Just attack. So you'd definitely have the option to really mess with unit coherency against even the most cautious, drake-aware opponents. 

Playing starcast as we're accustomed to, Hallowheart is probably the strongest followed up by living city then hammerhal.

What's expensive in whitefire retinue are the chariot mounted mages 'or monsters mounted. Otherwise 3 wizards for 270 totaling 6 spells, It's quite cheap.
2 Dragons + whitefire retinue is a "natural" +3 to cast, without even resorting to HH's channeling ability.  2 Drakes are well in the theme of a HH army (that is MW bit per bit).

• Like 1

Allegiance: Cities of Sigmar
- Mortal Realm: Aqshy
- City: Hallowheart
LEADERS
Drakesworn Templar (420)
- Tempest Axe
Lord-Celestant on Stardrake (500)
- Celestine Hammer
- Artefact : Ignax's Scales
Lord-Castellant (120)
- Artefact : Thermalrider Cloak
Sorceress (90)
- General
Battlemage (90)
Battlemage (90)
UNITS
10 x Bleakswords (90)
10 x Bleakswords (90)
10 x Bleakswords (90)
1 x Gyrocopters (70)
1 x Gyrocopters (70)
1 x Gyrocopters (70)
BATTALIONS
Whitefire Retinue (140)
ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS
Umbral Spellportal (70)

• LOVE IT! 1

19 minutes ago, Maturin said:

- City: Hallowheart
LEADERS
Drakesworn Templar (420)
- Tempest Axe
- Celestine Hammer
Lord-Castellant (120)
- Artefact : Thermalrider Cloak
Sorceress (90)
- General
Battlemage (90)
Battlemage (90)
UNITS
10 x Bleakswords (90)
10 x Bleakswords (90)
10 x Bleakswords (90)
1 x Gyrocopters (70)
1 x Gyrocopters (70)
1 x Gyrocopters (70)
BATTALIONS
Whitefire Retinue (140)
Umbral Spellportal (70)

Haha I think this is a great list. Love that cloak and the gyrocopters 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

hi all,

can someone direct me to the FAQ (concerning in fact a different ability, if I understood correctly) which confirms that the Storm Winged trait can be activated in the movement, charge and pile-in (combat) phases? thanks!

First of it is distinguishing between "normal move" and "a move", the stormwinged trait is any move. This was the case ofr Hydro-something-cloak from malign sorceries, which was FAQ'd to only be for "normal move", so the effect only triggers in the movement phase.

The storm winged trait has not been FAQ'd and as such a charge and pile in counts as "a move" and nothing stops you rule wise from lifting up the model in a pile in, move it 1" forward and backwards and end the same place, as the have to just end the move as close, or closer to the nearest model, so standing still is basically fine. Very gimmicky but absolutely within the rules.

Maybe it should be FAQ'd, but they did that to similar things in the malign soeceries FAQ, but not the stormcast FAQ, so either it is intended or they simply forgot/do not care.

2 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

First of it is distinguishing between "normal move" and "a move", the stormwinged trait is any move. This was the case ofr Hydro-something-cloak from malign sorceries, which was FAQ'd to only be for "normal move", so the effect only triggers in the movement phase.

The storm winged trait has not been FAQ'd and as such a charge and pile in counts as "a move" and nothing stops you rule wise from lifting up the model in a pile in, move it 1" forward and backwards and end the same place, as the have to just end the move as close, or closer to the nearest model, so standing still is basically fine. Very gimmicky but absolutely within the rules.

Maybe it should be FAQ'd, but they did that to similar things in the malign soeceries FAQ, but not the stormcast FAQ, so either it is intended or they simply forgot/do not care.

This tactic gave me a lot of raised eyebrows when I used it!

Edited by Maturin

1 minute ago, Maturin said:

This tactic gave me a lot of raised eyebrows when I used it!

If the Stardrake was less iffy overall I would probably avoid it just for that, but as it stands it cant even hurt another behemoth/hero without using this with the basic pathetic melee profiles. It does seem like a bit of rule lawyering to use, but nonetheless legal and nothing in the rules to say you can't do this. One oculd also say this is the hallmark of someone using the time to learn the details of the rules, as knowing the difference between normal moves and just moves is very important in many other situations as well and how to maximize this.

You could also explain how this works and if the opponent is so much against the rules, you can offer to choose a different mount trait and be the bigger person, both of you well knowing the entire game due to your elequent explanation, that your opponent is a little wuss too scared for advanced use of the core rules ;)

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

Since I've advocated for this list (hard) and it includes Stormwinged (which is also popular elsewhere) I feel a responsibility to get an iron-clad case for this out there. It's stronger than merely "They FAQd a similar ability with the same wording but haven't FAQd Stormwinged".

I've written enough to qualify as rules lawyering, buuuut I think p4 of the rules is kind of simple. It's one sentence that I feel confirms that a move is something that happens in 3 phases  (4 if you count hero phase moves).

Here's my full analysis:

Page 4 of the key rules booklet https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Rulesheets/ENG_AoSSW_Rules_booklet_web.pdf

MOVEMENT

You can change the position of a model on the battlefield by making a move with the model. Models can be moved in the movement phase, the charge phase and the combat phase, and some abilities may allow a model to make a move in other phases too.

So rules as written, Stormwinged makes the cut.

Further, they've clarified move and normal move in multiple FAQs (not just the errata to correct hydroxskin - also included below). See "Movement Phase" here: https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/8f9bd00c.pdf

They differentiate between the clear phrases "when a unit moves" and "when a unit makes a normal move".

Q: Some abilities refer to a model or unit making a ‘normal move’. Does this include normal moves where the model or unit runs or retreats?

A: Yes.

&

Q: Some abilities allow a model to make a move out of sequence (in the hero phase, for example), or to make a specific type of move (a ‘6" retreat move’, for example). Can I run when I make these moves?

A: You can only run if the ability refers to making a ‘normal move’ (which includes any move made ‘as if it were the movement phase’) and the ability doesn’t specify the distance of the move. Note that the restrictions that apply to normal moves (not moving within 3" of the enemy, and having to retreat if they start within 3" of the enemy) also apply to normal moves made in any other phase. Also note that the increase to the unit’s Move characteristic for running only applies to that move.

So, for example, if the ability said ‘This unit can make a normal move’ the unit could run and could not move within 3" of the enemy unless it retreats, and if it said ‘This unit can move D6".’ then it could not run but could move within 3" of the enemy.

You can seehere: https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/age_of_sigmar_malign_sorcery_errata_en.pdf that they clarified the most similar rule (hydroxskin) to "normal move" (move made in the movement phase). This artefact was identical to stormwinged (except 3+ instead of 2+).

Page 81 – Artefacts of Power, Relics of Chamon, Hydroxskin Cloak. Change the rules text to: ‘The bearer can fly. After the bearer has made a normal move, you can pick 1 unit that has any models that the bearer has passed across and roll a dice. On a 3+ that unit suffers D3 mortal wounds.’

They've clarified that the use of "move" in charge and pile in is (basically) so that they could word coherency clearly:

Q: What happens when a unit that has been split into two groups because of casualties piles in?

A: A unit must finish any type of move as a single group, including pile-in moves. If this is impossible for any reason, no models from the unit can move.

Found in "combat phase": https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/8f9bd00c.pdf

And I think there's another example but I have to go make dinner for my wife and kids now ;) I might come back to this post if it's unclear.

Edited by Turragor
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Also, as the guys noted above, if an opponent is against this and its a friendly match, I just play the trait as "normal move" (I alter the mount trait rules).

If at a tournament, I call over a TO and explain as I wrote above (I'll now have thatpost saved :P ) and let them decide. I'm happy however they rule it.

6 minutes ago, Turragor said:

And I think there's another example but I have to go make dinner for my wife and kids now ;) I might come back to this post if it's unclear.

Yes, let's talk about it later on, because I just made this great list for you to review ;D :

- City: Phoenicium
LEADERS
Sorceress (90)
- Artefact : Phoenix Pinion
- Spell : Lore of the Phoenix - Golden Mist (Phoenicium Wizard)
- General
- Command Trait : Seeker of Vengeance
- Celestine Hammer
Lord-Castellant (120)
- City Role : General's Adjutant (Must be 6 wounds or less)
UNITS
10 x Bleakswords (90)
10 x Bleakswords (90)
10 x Bleakswords (90)
1 x Gyrocopters (70)
1 x Gyrobombers (80)
1 x Gyrobombers (80)
BEHEMOTHS
Flamespyre Phoenix (200)
Frostheart Phoenix (220)
Flamespyre Phoenix (200)
BATTALIONS
Phoenix Flight (130)
Balewind Vortex (40)
TOTAL: 2000/2000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 1 WOUNDS: 107

Edited by Maturin

40 minutes ago, Maturin said:

Yes, let's talk about it later on, because I just made this great list for you to review ;D :

- City: Phoenicium
LEADERS
Sorceress (90)
- Artefact : Phoenix Pinion
- Spell : Lore of the Phoenix - Golden Mist (Phoenicium Wizard)
- General
- Command Trait : Seeker of Vengeance
- Celestine Hammer
Lord-Castellant (120)
- City Role : General's Adjutant (Must be 6 wounds or less)
UNITS
10 x Bleakswords (90)
10 x Bleakswords (90)
10 x Bleakswords (90)
1 x Gyrocopters (70)
1 x Gyrobombers (80)
1 x Gyrobombers (80)
BEHEMOTHS
Flamespyre Phoenix (200)
Frostheart Phoenix (220)
Flamespyre Phoenix (200)
BATTALIONS
Phoenix Flight (130)
Balewind Vortex (40)
TOTAL: 2000/2000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 1 WOUNDS: 107

I wanna say that looks really cool and I have to note I have no idea how Phoenixes work now. I need to learn me some CoS.

Final word RE: stormwinged, I now realise that Anvils of the Heldenhammer's "pile in move then attack" means it triggers then too :D

The pile in triggers cavernous jaws too 

Sooo anvils CA and a Heraldor mean you could get stormwinged off 4 times in one round. 

Is it worth giving up staunch? I might test this very idea on Saturday :)

Edit

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Stormhost: Anvils of the Heldenhammer
Mortal Realm: Aqshy
Lord-Celestant on Stardrake (500)
- General
- Celestine Hammer
- Trait: Deathly Aura
- Artefact: Ignax's Scales
- Mount Trait: Storm-winged
Drakesworn Templar (420)
- Tempest Axe
- Artefact: Soulthief
Knight-Heraldor (100)
Lord-Castellant (120)
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
10 x Skinks (70)
- Boltspitters & Star Bucklers
- Allies
Thunderhead Brotherhood (160)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 70 / 400
Wounds: 103

Edited by Turragor
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Turragor said:

Final word RE: stormwinged, I now realise that Anvils of the Heldenhammer's "pile in move then attack" means it triggers then too :D

Noice!

PS :

Phoenix Reborn: In the fires of battle, the Phoenix is born anew.The first time this model is slain, before removing it from the battlefield, roll a dice. On a 1-3, this model is slain. On a 4-6, this model is not slain, all wounds allocated to it are healed, and any wounds that currently remain to be allocated to it are negated.

Wake of Fire: Streams of flames follow in the wake of this creature, engulfing the enemy in a fiery inferno.After this model has made a normal move, pick 1 enemy unit that has any models that this model passed across and roll a dice. On a 2+, that unit suffers a number of mortal wounds equal to the Wake of Fire value shown on this model’s damage table.

Edited by Maturin
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Maturin said:

Noice!

PS :

Phoenix Reborn: In the fires of battle, the Phoenix is born anew.The first time this model is slain, before removing it from the battlefield, roll a dice. On a 1-3, this model is slain. On a 4-6, this model is not slain, all wounds allocated to it are healed, and any wounds that currently remain to be allocated to it are negated.

Wake of Fire: Streams of flames follow in the wake of this creature, engulfing the enemy in a fiery inferno.After this model has made a normal move, pick 1 enemy unit that has any models that this model passed across and roll a dice. On a 2+, that unit suffers a number of mortal wounds equal to the Wake of Fire value shown on this model’s damage table.

Oh now I see, if only you could take hydroxskin, phoenixes and stormwing drakes. 

Maybe it's worth building entirely around stormwing and anvils. 

Stormwingcast. Best battalion for 2 Mount traits? 

16 minutes ago, Turragor said:

[a very thorough explanation]

many thanks all for your replies! The question did indeed arise in a friendly game, so I immediately dropped it and triggered the ability only in the normal movement, but since I will go to my first tournament this Spring and I am almost convinced of bringing a drake I wanted to start preparing my case :D

10 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

many thanks all for your replies! The question did indeed arise in a friendly game, so I immediately dropped it and triggered the ability only in the normal movement, but since I will go to my first tournament this Spring and I am almost convinced of bringing a drake I wanted to start preparing my case :D

Eventually the TOs will get wise and decide its normal moves only by themselves but for now we are in the right! 

Ok I did it (I think). Its back to starcast sort of. Double stormwing anvils in the mix... 

Starcast 2: Prime Electrids Boogaloo (anvils of judgement) 

Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Leaders
Lord-Arcanum (160)
- General
- Spell: Azyrite Halo
Lord-Exorcist (120)
- Spell: Celestial Blades
Knight-Incantor (140)
- Spell: Speed of Lightning
Knight-Incantor (140)
- Spell: Lightning Blast
Drakesworn Templar (420)
- Tempest Axe
Drakesworn Templar (420)
- Tempest Axe
- Artefact: Sword of Judgement

Battleline
5 x Sequitors (130)
- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields
5 x Sequitors (130)
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield

Battalions
Grand Convocation (130)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Everblaze Comet (100)

Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 83

46 minutes ago, Turragor said:

Ok I did it (I think). Its back to starcast sort of. Double stormwing anvils in the mix... 

Starcast 2: Prime Electrids Boogaloo (anvils of judgement) 

Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Leaders
Lord-Arcanum (160)
- General
- Spell: Azyrite Halo
Lord-Exorcist (120)
- Spell: Celestial Blades
Knight-Incantor (140)
- Spell: Speed of Lightning
Knight-Incantor (140)
- Spell: Lightning Blast
Drakesworn Templar (420)
- Tempest Axe
Drakesworn Templar (420)
- Tempest Axe
- Artefact: Sword of Judgement

Battleline
5 x Sequitors (130)
5 x Sequitors (130)
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield

Battalions
Grand Convocation (130)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Everblaze Comet (100)

Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 83

You wouldn't consider taking Starfall or Stomcaller for your wizards in this list?  Add to the possible MW rain :)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Turragor said:

I certainly would! my first impulse was just on buffing combat drakes

I've been playing around with the idea of this list here below, basically taking inspiration from three different lists, your Starcaller list, @PJetski Anvilstrike and then a Dracoline list as well. I might be pulling into too many different directions, but I'm thinking using the Anvil CA on the Dracolines, while the raptors and wizards provide ranged support (and 3 dispels and 2 auto dispels as well).

- Mortal Realm: Chamon

LEADERS Lord-Arcanum on Celestial Dracoline (220)
- General - Command Trait : Deathly Aura
- Spell : Celestial Blades
- Mount Trait : Pride Leader
Knight-Incantor (140)
- Spell : Stormcaller
Knight-Incantor (140)
- Spell : Starfall
Lord-Veritant (120)
- Artefact : Soulthief
- Prayer : Translocation

UNITS
5 x Liberators (100)

- Warhammer & Shield
- 1 x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1 x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warblade & Shield
- 1 x Grandblades
6 x Evocators on Dracolines (520)
- 4 x Grandstaves
- Lore of Invigoration : Speed of Lightning
6 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (340)
3 x Aetherwings (50)
3 x Aetherwings (50)

Everblaze Comet (100)

TOTAL: 1980/2000
EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 0
WOUNDS: 107
LEADERS: 4/6
BATTLELINES: 3 (3+)
BEHEMOTHS: 0/4
ARTILLERY: 0/4
ARTEFACTS: 1/1
ALLIES: 0/400

Feedback would be appreciated :)

23 minutes ago, Memnoch said:

I've been playing around with the idea of this list here below, basically taking inspiration from three different lists, your Starcaller list, @PJetski Anvilstrike and then a Dracoline list as well. I might be pulling into too many different directions, but I'm thinking using the Anvil CA on the Dracolines, while the raptors and wizards provide ranged support (and 3 dispels and 2 auto dispels as well).

- Mortal Realm: Chamon

LEADERS Lord-Arcanum on Celestial Dracoline (220)
- General - Command Trait : Deathly Aura
- Spell : Celestial Blades
- Mount Trait : Pride Leader
Knight-Incantor (140)
- Spell : Stormcaller
Knight-Incantor (140)
- Spell : Starfall
Lord-Veritant (120)
- Artefact : Soulthief
- Prayer : Translocation

UNITS
5 x Liberators (100)

- Warhammer & Shield
- 1 x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1 x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warblade & Shield
- 1 x Grandblades
6 x Evocators on Dracolines (520)
- 4 x Grandstaves
- Lore of Invigoration : Speed of Lightning
6 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (340)
3 x Aetherwings (50)
3 x Aetherwings (50)

Everblaze Comet (100)

TOTAL: 1980/2000
EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 0
WOUNDS: 107
LEADERS: 4/6
BATTLELINES: 3 (3+)
BEHEMOTHS: 0/4
ARTILLERY: 0/4
ARTEFACTS: 1/1
ALLIES: 0/400

Feedback would be appreciated :)

I like it, I think it's a strong, balanced list. My only feedback would be spells, I don't like Stormcaller or starfall when you've 2 casters and a comet. Ideally you'd be (if aggressive) casting the comet just outside an enemies unbind range, then moving an incantor up to dispell it and recasting it the nxt round. All game.

With 1 incantor I might consider a spell like Chain lightning or lightning blast for when you cast outside the dispell range (after a move or run the turn after). Or I'd take something supportive.

I reckon you could do with celestial blades on one of the incantors. Prime Electrids makes Arcane Bolt a decent spell on the Arcanum. Then Azyrite Halo or Celestial Blades on the other. Lightning Blast maybe if you want early game impact (one casts comet, the other blast r1).

In that sense, I think it will do as well as any strong, balanced SC list will do. I tend to think of tournaments as a bench mark (so 5 games, a good range of strong opponents, top tier opposing armies). I think your list is in the same 3 wins in good hands, 4 in expert hands area category - all depending on match up etc.

On paper what I made in Starcast is less balanced (hyper focused on one thing), but I've played it a bit and got it to that level too. I'm hoping to do 4 wins at a big tourney with it (I've only done 4 wins in a 20 person ish event).

My main advice is to try a strong list you like out and see what works and doesn't. Then tweak it. Play 20 good competitive games with it with minor tweaks. Alter 100 pts at a time.

It's not like there's a single win-all list we SCE players can roll with & I don't really have a lot of armies to choose from (1k Mawtribes, ... 2kNurgle - lol - and OBR is unpainted) so I've found it kind of fun to treat Stardrakes (long maligned) as a puzzle to complete, a code to crack.

This thread is where I've ended up!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Turragor said:

I like it, I think it's a strong, balanced list. My only feedback would be spells, I don't like Stormcaller or starfall when you've 2 casters and a comet. Ideally you'd be (if aggressive) casting the comet just outside an enemies unbind range, then moving an incantor up to dispell it and recasting it the nxt round. All game.

With 1 incantor I might consider a spell like Chain lightning or lightning blast for when you cast outside the dispell range (after a move or run the turn after). Or I'd take something supportive.

I reckon you could do with celestial blades on one of the incantors. Prime Electrids makes Arcane Bolt a decent spell on the Arcanum. Then Azyrite Halo or Celestial Blades on the other. Lightning Blast maybe if you want early game impact (one casts comet, the other blast r1).

In that sense, I think it will do as well as any strong, balanced SC list will do. I tend to think of tournaments as a bench mark (so 5 games, a good range of strong opponents, top tier opposing armies). I think your list is in the same 3 wins in good hands, 4 in expert hands area category - all depending on match up etc.

On paper what I made in Starcast is less balanced (hyper focused on one thing), but I've played it a bit and got it to that level too. I'm hoping to do 4 wins at a big tourney with it (I've only done 4 wins in a 20 person ish event).

My main advice is to try a strong list you like out and see what works and doesn't. Then tweak it. Play 20 good competitive games with it with minor tweaks. Alter 100 pts at a time.

It's not like there's a single win-all list we SCE players can roll with & I don't really have a lot of armies to choose from (1k Mawtribes, ... 2kNurgle - lol - and OBR is unpainted) so I've found it kind of fun to treat Stardrakes (long maligned) as a puzzle to complete, a code to crack.

This thread is where I've ended up!

Lots of good comments and feedback. Definitely need to think about this some more. I do have 3 wizards though, although the Lord Arcanum should probably be busy buffing the Evocators. And yes, I need to test this.

My final idea for Grand Convocation and Stormwinged (bearing in mind my next tourney is banning realm artefacts):

Spoiler

Drakesworn Templar (420)
- General
- Arc Hammer
- Trait: Deathly Aura
- Artefact: Mirrorshield
- Mount Trait: Storm-winged
Drakesworn Templar (420)
- Storm Lance
- Artefact: Soulthief
- Mount Trait: Storm-winged
Lord-Arcanum (160)
- Spell: Celestial Blades

Knight-Incantor (140)
- Spell: Chain Lightning
Knight-Incantor (140)
- Spell: Lightning Blast
Lord-Exorcist (120)
- Spell: Azyrite Halo
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
Grand Convocation (130)
Everblaze Comet (100)
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 83

I actually unironically like this haha, in my head I can envision very interesting plays against most of the good lists out there.

It's 6 drops, kind of average. You've a chance at a triumph (don't fancy maelstrom really).

Hordes are totally pants-down doomed against this. Even mortek guard are kind of screwed if I get 2 drakes in and use the CA on each. That's  pretty much 10 + guard gone from bites alone. Then 2 x Stormwinged pile in and the tailswipe and then the weapons and claws/fangs.

If I want a magic heavy phase - +2 from drakes, +1 from battalion, comet, lightning blast (it's there twice so I've two casters who can cast comet and the other can throw out a lightning blast - lets me position to cover almost all board), Chain Lightning. Prime Electrids bolt. The Arcanum can throw out -1 to hits (I hope).

I've 2 auto-dispells to mess with hallowheart for example. New Tzeentch may disapprove too.

I've some mirroshield in there for Kharadron and what they may bring.

Monstermash lists (like Mawtribes with just stonehorns) are a threat but double drake CA should handle some and really distract 'em. Hm.

Downside: this is a new list for me and switching over will be rough :P I'll not know if it's a better bet than traditional starcast or even (my other battalion for stormwinged x2 idea) Thunderhead Brotherhood with an unkillable Drake.

Oh and if it wins anything stormwinged will be FAQd

/Edit - is it wrong to think "Staff of Focus" for the first comet?

Edited by Turragor