Starcast - The Thread

Turragor

On 3/4/2020 at 1:18 PM, Turragor said:

Looking forward to points costs and warscrolls for (any) new order wizards. The Arcane Lineage ability is a +1 (+2 fordouble drake lists) to FRIENDLY WIZARDS so no keywording to exclude non - SC.

well, the oracle on troglodon seems to be 260 points... 🤷‍♂️

http://www.lustria-online.com/threads/new-rumor.22495/page-346

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
Mortal Realm: Aqshy

Leaders
Lord-Celestant on Stardrake (500)
- General
- Celestine Hammer
- Command Trait: Staunch Defender
- Artefact: Ignax's Scales
- Mount Trait: Storm-winged
Drakesworn Templar (420)
- Tempest Axe
Celestant-Prime (340)
Lord-Castellant (120)
Lord-Exorcist (120)
- Spell: Azyrite Halo
Runelord (90)
- Allies

Battleline
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Everblaze Comet (100)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 90 / 400
Wounds: 86

Im gonna test this ****** soon :D Im so freaking exicited about double drake, being able to cast comets every single turn and prim-o-desserto ❤️
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Maturin said:

Spellweaver has one auto dispell, like Knight Incantor

Yeah but with the +2 you could use it 4 times to recast the comet every turn. Does the +2 to unbind apply to dispelling your own spells?

Edited by Marcvs

Just now, Marcvs said:

Yeah but with the +2 you could use it 4 times to recast the comet everry turn. Does the +2 to unbind applies to dispelling your own spells?

In all freaking fantasy setting, mages dispell, but GW thoughts it'd be cool to call the same thing with two different terms ...
Anyway

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nizrah said:

Leaders
- General
- Celestine Hammer
Drakesworn Templar (420)
- Tempest Axe
Celestant-Prime (340)
Lord-Castellant (120)
Lord-Exorcist (120)
Runelord (90)
- Allies

Battleline
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Everblaze Comet (100)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Allies: 90 / 400
Wounds: 86

Im gonna test this ****** soon :D Im so freaking exicited about double drake, being able to cast comets every single turn and prim-o-desserto ❤️

Let us know how it goes! I'm hoping to get to a tourney next sat but its looking dicey. If I get to go Ill take Starcast of some form or other.

On 3/6/2020 at 9:03 PM, Marcvs said:

well, the oracle on troglodon seems to be 260 points... 🤷‍♂️

http://www.lustria-online.com/threads/new-rumor.22495/page-346

Hmm will need to be seeing these new seraphon scrolls before doing any playing in scrollbuilder...

/edit actually the scroll is further down and it looks pretty badass for 260 in a starcast list. Fitting it in is cutting out a prime though. Unless you go single drake but I like the +2 to cast if allying in this big lizard.

Edited by Turragor

Hmmm... Lord Kroak is cheaper than the Prime now?

And perhaps opens up a new variation of the list:

Abilities:
- Precise Divination: Start of hero phase make a 3D6 roll. For every 4+ you receive 1 CP.
- Azyrite Force Barrier: The Attack attribute of the Azyrite Force Barrier is equal to the number of enemy models within 3"
- Dead since time immorial: roll a die each time you assign a wound or mortal wound to this miniature; on a 4+, deny that wound or mortal wound
- Lords of order: +1 to cast, unbind and disperse. Moreover, no range restrictions for making unbind rolls.

MAGIC:
Can attempt to cast 4 spells and unbid 4 too. Knows Arcane Bolt, Mystic Shield, Summon comet and Celestial retribution.
- Summon comet: Casting value 7. Success: 1D3 anemy units at any point on the battlefield suffer 1D3 mortal wounds (roll separately). If casting value is 10+ you choose 1D6 instead of 1D3.
- Celestial Retribution: Can be cast 3 times in the same hero phase. Casting value 7 the first time, 8 the second, 9 the third time. Each time successfully cast choose up to 3 different enemy units within 10" and visible to the caster, roll 1 die for each chosen unit, on a 2+ in suffers 1d3 mortal wounds. if it is a Chaos Deamons unit it suffers 3 mortal wounds instead

In a DoubleDragon Starcast list he's on a +3 to cast with 4 casts... His Celestial Retribution is casting on 4+ 5+ then 6+

Edited by Turragor
  • LOVE IT! 1

9 hours ago, Turragor said:

Hmmm... Lord Kroak is cheaper than the Prime now?

Or, (back of an envelope calculation) you could do away with wizards+comet and have:

LCoSD, Templar, Prime, Castellant, Kroak + 3xlibs

then again, it's probably a waste not to have the comet when you have +2 to cast and Kroak to unbind it every turn :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marcvs said:

Or, (back of an envelope calculation) you could do away with wizards+comet and have:

LCoSD, Templar, Prime, Castellant, Kroak + 3xlibs

then again, it's probably a waste not to have the comet when you have +2 to cast and Kroak to unbind it every turn :D

As always I believe a bunch of stuff could be great and needs testing. Sadly I don't have the time or play the required amount of games to do it all! 

PS I like the idea of coining "stormkroak" as a list type 

Edited by Turragor
  • Like 1

I'm waiting for the faq but my list is probably going to gain a kroak and a few endless spells. Mirror looks like a no brainer.

You don't really have to worry about giving away the spells in round activation as you've a 4 cast wizard to dispel what may end up being a threat.

Kroak is an easy paint job too lol pity It's fine cast 

Ooh! If you face a Seraphon cast list (we will be seeing those) you'll have kroak on dragon 'roids to unbind all the enemy kroaks casts. Lol

Edited by Turragor
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Turragor said:

I'm waiting for the faq but my list is probably going to gain a kroak and a few endless spells. Mirror looks like a no brainer.

You don't really have to worry about giving away the spells in round activation as you've a 4 cast wizard to dispel what may end up being a threat.

Kroak is an easy paint job too lol pity It's fine cast 

Ooh! If you face a Seraphon cast list (we will be seeing those) you'll have kroak on dragon 'roids to unbind all the enemy kroaks casts. Lol

lol I have also ordered a Kroak and I might... ahem... have bought a second drake.

Soo, if I am not mistaken, a double drake list with kroak instead of a celestant prime leaves 100 points to play with (120 if you also downgrade the incantor to Exorcist). I take it you would go for endless spells with these, but I am also hesitating with an Heraldor (useful also for the drakesworn, to which I would give storm-winged). In fact, if I had 20 points more of allies I would include a Saurus Guard to be able to get Kroak closer to the enemy :D

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

lol I have also ordered a Kroak and I might... ahem... have bought a second drake.

Soo, if I am not mistaken, a double drake list with kroak instead of a celestant prime leaves 100 points to play with (120 if you also downgrade the incantor to Exorcist). I take it you would go for endless spells with these, but I am also hesitating with an Heraldor (useful also for the drakesworn, to which I would give storm-winged). In fact, if I had 20 points more of allies I would include a Saurus Guard to be able to get Kroak closer to the enemy :D

I am thinking of taking the incantor and the umbral spell portal, and then those 30 pts over are variable. Palisade maybe? Creating obstacles and LoS tricks are handy in this list. 

Edited by Turragor

This will be the first list I test:

- General
- Celestine Hammer
Drakesworn Templar (420)
- Tempest Axe
Lord-Castellant (120)
Knight-Incantor (140)
Lord Kroak (430) -> will be (320)
- Allies
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
Everblaze Comet (100)
Umbral Spellportal (70)
Quicksilver Swords OR Prismatic Pallisade (30)

Total: 2110 / 2000 -> will be (2000)

Allies: 430 / 400 -> will be (320)
Wounds: 83

I dread to say Starcast might be approaching netlist territory (not the best or a guaranteed winner but there are a large chunk of armies that'll hate this)
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Marcvs said:

This feels really good, now I want to try this too (and, btw, I love ignax on the drake, managed to survive 3 charges from BCR thanks to that, speaking of FLoSH)

There are levels to it with the addition of Kroak. Besides all that he brings, I'm quite excited for the fact you'll nearly always have a mystic shield cast on the Templar :) Hello double dragon rr1, 1+ and 2+ save

• Like 1