Let's Chat: Ironsoul's Condemnors

Vakarian

Hey everyone,

Who's looking at the Dreadfane warbands now that they've been officially released for Beastgrave? I've been trying to get my hands on a copy of Dreadfane to no avail, so this was a no-brainer preorder. I'm pretty excited about the Condemnors - they seem like a very brutal, and tough, warband. 3-dice attacks, succeeding on hammers, seems particularly nice for starting out, and makes the chances of inspiring (the warband members all inspire on any crit rolled when attacking or defending) seem fairly high.

What tactics do you think will work well with the warband? What cards will you want to play? It seems like some of the warband-specific cards will be quite useful, too, from the GW article.

WHUWDreadfaneFocus-Nov12-Characters1hcwf.jpg

WHUWDreadfaneFocus-Nov12-Characters2kicng.jpg

WHUWDreadfaneFocus-Nov12-Characters3jnbcgs.jpg

WHUWDreadfaneFocus-Nov12-IronsoulsCards20gcgs.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I have started working on them, the first problem I see is finding the surge cards these guys can score,  I’m about 10 games in..   They hit so hard they usually kill what the swing at so the knock back surges end up hanging around in my hand round after round.   Not enough speed or models to go for objective surges, calculated risk isn’t that great on three speed guys with range 1, as it means often not reaching where you need to be or risking getting knocked into the lethal setting it up or after you get it.

Edited by Nerdkingdan
  • Thanks 1