DOK Support Allies ideas

Chumphammer

Yes yes, DOK dont need support allies

But I want to continue to test the list I am testing, and am wondering peoples opinions on selections or any I havent thought of.

I am currently running this: (it is 3-0 atm)

General: Bloodwrack Medusa, Devoted Disciples, Shadowstone, Mindrazor

Hag Queen on Cauldron, Blessing of Khaine

Hag Queen, Catechism of Murder

Knight incantor

30 Sisters of Slaughter with Bucklers

20 Blood Sisters

10 Witch Aelves (Knives)

5 Doomfire Warlocks (Shroud of despair)

Everblaze Comet

The last 170points have been 5 more warlocks with Withering for 2 games and 3 Vanuard Raptor longstrikes for 1 game

All in all I love the list, bar the last 170pts. I found the 2nd 5 doomfire warlocks to be bit of a waste (mainly as I thought crossbows where 16inch not 10)

So tried the raptors for some ranged support, but not 100% sold on them.

I want my army to be able to do stuff in every phase. Atm I have 3 spells to cast (mainly MR and Comet) and 3 dispels/ 1 auto

Shooting is where I was lacking, hence the raptors.

So, ideas I am looking at for 170points are:

1: Stick with 3 Raptors (170pts)
Sniping out what the comet wounds

2: 2nd Knight-Incantor with Dais (140+30pts)
2nd Auto dispel. 2+ reroll if on a disk with Mystic shield. Gives me 5 dispels if disc up. 12” flying can help throw him in useful places and gives me another caster for comet

3: 3 Scourgerider chariots (150pts)
More shooting support, fast and lots of wounds. Downside is that’s lots of wound to feed slaanesh and they are not as accurate as the raptors

4: 10 Shadow Warriors (110pts) and Gemnids (60pts)
10 2+/3+ rend 1 can be pretty good if I can deploy them early in cover. Helps with sniping and warmachines with rise in cities. Gemnids is a great endless spell, but wondering if something else would be better

but now I am wondering if I really need the 1st doomfire warlocks. They are mainly there to (bar being fast and holding obj)

1: dispel comet so the knight can recast it
2: Doom bolt something for D6
3: reduce LD of a unit by 1-D3 for Mindrazor works (depending if I actually cast MR and roll an 8 to cast vs LD10)

So would I be better to drop the 2nd unit to and just take a Sorceress for 90pts for the 3rd dispel/cast and dispelling comet, leaving 240 to play with, then what do I get with that 240pts lol

Could look like this:

Slaughter Queen on Cauldron, general, devoted disciples, crimson rejuvenation

Bloodwrack Medusa, Shadowstone, Mindrazor

Hag Queen, Blessing of khaine

Hag Queen, Catechism of Murder

Knight incantor

Sorceress

30 Sisters of Slaughter with Bucklers

20 Blood Sisters

10 Witch Aelves (Knives)

10 Witch Aelves (knives)

Everblaze Comet

Edited by Chumphammer
List

You should pick some Darkshards or Dreadspears to give your Sorceress the +2 casting. Darkshards are also a very good ragend support-damage at 20+ (the Sorceress can make them run and still shoot).

3 Sourgerunner Chariots are the best missle support you can get for 150points.

• Like 1

Your list can be easily adapted to this.

Allegiance: Daughters of Khaine

Mortal Realm: Ulgu - Temple: Hagg Nar

LEADERS
Bloodwrack Shrine (220) - General - Command Trait : Devoted Disciples  - Artefact :  Shadow Stone  - Lore of Shadows : Mindrazor
Slaughter Queen on Cauldron of Blood (330) - Artefact :  Doppelganger Cloak - Prayer : Catechism of Murder
Hag Queen (90) - Prayer : Blessing of Khaine
UNITS
30 x Sisters of Slaughter (300) - Barbed Whips and Blade Bucklers
20 x Blood Sisters (480)
10 x Sisters of Slaughter (120) - Barbed Whips and Sacrificial Knives
5 x Khinerai Heartrenders (90)
BATTALIONS
Slaughter Troupe (130)
TOTAL: 1850/2000     EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 1     WOUNDS: 121
LEADERS: 3/6    BATTLELINES: 3 (3+)    BEHEMOTHS: 2/4    ARTILLERY: 0/4
ARTEFACTS: 2/2    ALLIES: 0/400

------------

You get 1 more artifact. Ignax, Thermalrider, Doppleganger, Iron Circlet,... whatever helps most in (your) meta.

1 more CP

Battalion is nice, retreat and charge with SoS can be used very very creatively. Due 6" pilein you don't need to charge things... so you can "almost" fight first more than once. Also makes this list 4-5 drop. Also Cauldron can retreat and charge for extra d3 impact damage.

SQ can unbind. 

1 Less Witchbrew

2x 5 Khinerai are nice assassins, obective grabbers and seriously mess a lot of players thought process.

No 50% meteor or Guaranteed unbind 1x

Has 150 leftover points. Which allow for:

1x Medusa (The Withering) +1 to wound is always nice, unbind and another vs horde 'gaze'.

1x Hag (Martyr's Sacrifice and additional Brew with 60 points left for + 1 CP or Scourgerunner or Geminids)

3x Scourgerunner for large footprint shooting support

1x Incantor if you want 100% unbind for some key turn1 casts.

1x Gryph Hounds to be used as fast chaff (6x 42mm, 18 wounds, 9' move, nosave) their retreat rule can be nice help locking down some units as they can escape combat if not targeted fast enough.

Also has option to modify core:

Option2: Leave / Put hag on cauldon (+30) points. And take SQ on foot (-100 points) for battalion requirement. Leaves you with 80 points (10 pirates as chaff for instance).

Option3: Make SQ on cauldron general. Take extra unit of WE's. Leaving you with 30 points, take Prismatic endless spell to counter some shooting or turn1 movement. Keeps you 4 drop and you gain access to quite nasty CA, 3 prayers, cauldron having devoted disciples. always.... I would do this I guess.

8 hours ago, Sapca said:

Your list can be easily adapted to this.

Allegiance: Daughters of Khaine

Mortal Realm: Ulgu - Temple: Hagg Nar

LEADERS
Bloodwrack Shrine (220) - General - Command Trait : Devoted Disciples  - Artefact :  Shadow Stone  - Lore of Shadows : Mindrazor
Slaughter Queen on Cauldron of Blood (330) - Artefact :  Doppelganger Cloak - Prayer : Catechism of Murder
Hag Queen (90) - Prayer : Blessing of Khaine
UNITS
30 x Sisters of Slaughter (300) - Barbed Whips and Blade Bucklers
20 x Blood Sisters (480)
10 x Sisters of Slaughter (120) - Barbed Whips and Sacrificial Knives
BATTALIONS
Slaughter Troupe (130)
TOTAL: 1850/2000     EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 1     WOUNDS: 121
LEADERS: 3/6    BATTLELINES: 3 (3+)    BEHEMOTHS: 2/4    ARTILLERY: 0/4
ARTEFACTS: 2/2    ALLIES: 0/400

------------

You get 1 more artifact. Ignax, Thermalrider, Doppleganger, Iron Circlet,... whatever helps most in (your) meta.

1 more CP

Battalion is nice, retreat and charge with SoS can be used very very creatively. Due 6" pilein you don't need to charge things... so you can "almost" fight first more than once. Also makes this list 4-5 drop. Also Cauldron can retreat and charge for extra d3 impact damage.

SQ can unbind. 

1 Less Witchbrew

2x 5 Khinerai are nice assassins, obective grabbers and seriously mess a lot of players thought process.

No 50% meteor or Guaranteed unbind 1x

Has 150 leftover points. Which allow for:

1x Medusa (The Withering) +1 to wound is always nice, unbind and another vs horde 'gaze'.

1x Hag (Martyr's Sacrifice and additional Brew with 60 points left for + 1 CP or Scourgerunner or Geminids)

3x Scourgerunner for large footprint shooting support

1x Incantor if you want 100% unbind for some key turn1 casts.

1x Gryph Hounds to be used as fast chaff (6x 42mm, 18 wounds, 9' move, nosave) their retreat rule can be nice help locking down some units as they can escape combat if not targeted fast enough.

Also has option to modify core:

Option2: Leave / Put hag on cauldon (+30) points. And take SQ on foot (-100 points) for battalion requirement. Leaves you with 80 points (10 pirates as chaff for instance).

Option3: Make SQ on cauldron general. Take extra unit of WE's. Leaving you with 30 points, take Prismatic endless spell to counter some shooting or turn1 movement. Keeps you 4 drop and you gain access to quite nasty CA, 3 prayers, cauldron having devoted disciples. always.... I would do this I guess.

But I kinda want the knight incantor and meteor. Its half the reason I made the list rather than just going for normal boring DoK

Its for LVO2020, where realm spells are in affect (hence wanting more casters) and not too worried about not having a SlaughterQueen General