Warhammer - The Old World

Gareth 🍄

2 hours ago, AaronWilson said:

Oh no.. don't tell me your a stunty?

well only of the hellbound artillery persuasion, after that it's the eight pointed star all the way, oh and the tin cans that thought some stupid watery bint was their salvation.

However as the brets found out... better dead than elf.

Elfs in whfb - benter than a bent thing on st bentmas day on the year of the bent.  

I got to eat lots of bacon rolls at warhammer world once, where on a throne of skulls I faced the high smurf allarielle teclis world dragon white lion death star no less than three times, and the hellebron witch elf slab twice.  I mean think about it, five of those games in one weekend - my poor ickle khorne WoC just decided to call it a day, and I can confirm that you can get a least two bacon rolls into each of those sittings in relative comfort.

I mean.. even the legion couldn't get an ash storm combo off, and that's not very sporting is it.

Edited by Kaleb Daark

44 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

well only of the hellbound artillery persuasion, after that it's the eight pointed star all the way, oh and the tin cans that thought some stupid watery bint was their salvation.

However as the brets found out... better dead than elf.

Elfs in whfb - benter than a bent thing on st bentmas day on the year of the bent.  

I got to eat lots of bacon rolls at warhammer world once, where on a throne of skulls I faced the high smurf allarielle teclis world dragon white lion death star no less than three times, and the hellebron witch elf slab twice.  I mean think about it, five of those games in one weekend - my poor ickle khorne WoC just decided to call it a day, and I can confirm that you can get a least two bacon rolls into each of those sittings in relative comfort.

I mean.. even the legion couldn't get an ash storm combo off, and that's not very sporting is it.

If it redeems me my second army are the true sons of choas.. the goats of doom

Just catching up with this, interesting rumours ! I'm wondering how much will be old kits and how much new- I guess some kits hold up better than others. The other thing that popped into my head was- will they bring back/use the Regiments of Renown [I'm thinking form my point of view Bugmans Dwarf Rangers for example]. Really excited about what they can do with the new plastic tech and sculpting applied to the classic armies. 

On 11/15/2021 at 7:54 AM, AaronWilson said:

Last night I went through my collection of High Elves! I still have 30 Shadow Warriors, 20 Pheonix guard, 10 sisters of the watch & 5 dragon princes new in box! 

I'd like add a few more regular chariots but bar that I'm happy with it all. Very excited for The Old World!

Nice High Elves ! I still have a third edition HE force- Jes Goodwin sculpted silver helms, the plastic spearmen and archers, 3 bolt throwers and 2 tiranoc chariots.. haven't touched them in ages, might need to send the to a new home sometime.. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Just catching up with this, interesting rumours ! I'm wondering how much will be old kits and how much new- I guess some kits hold up better than others. The other thing that popped into my head was- will they bring back/use the Regiments of Renown [I'm thinking form my point of view Bugmans Dwarf Rangers for example]. Really excited about what they can do with the new plastic tech and sculpting applied to the classic armies. 

Nice High Elves ! I still have a third edition HE force- Jes Goodwin sculpted silver helms, the plastic spearmen and archers, 3 bolt throwers and 2 tiranoc chariots.. haven't touched them in ages, might need to send the to a new home sometime.. 

Thank you that's very kind! I shall pictures of my beasts of chaos when I take them. 

That's a good core for anyone to grab. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm interested in getting some stuff purchased and painted before the release comes out (I'm a horribly slow painter so if I start a year in advance I might have some minimum troops done by the time they release haha.)

High Elves and Wood elves are in right? Between the two, shadow warriors look like really nice sculpts, does anyone know if they count as troops? I'm more interested in the more modern sculpt aesthetic (I appreciate oldhammer, but am presently more stoked to paint newer sculpts.) Do we think 10 or 20 shadow warriors will be useful in TOW? Or maybe 10 or 20 eternal guard?

27 minutes ago, Ggom said:

I'm interested in getting some stuff purchased and painted before the release comes out (I'm a horribly slow painter so if I start a year in advance I might have some minimum troops done by the time they release haha.)

High Elves and Wood elves are in right? Between the two, shadow warriors look like really nice sculpts, does anyone know if they count as troops? I'm more interested in the more modern sculpt aesthetic (I appreciate oldhammer, but am presently more stoked to paint newer sculpts.) Do we think 10 or 20 shadow warriors will be useful in TOW? Or maybe 10 or 20 eternal guard?

I mean nobody know anything about the game, it quite possible this game is smaller scope given how small the dev team.  I don’t even think even GW saying people can use their old army in TOW is even quite true given there track record on this stuff.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, sandlemad said:

It’s from the Blood On The Reik, an artbook of Dave Gallagher’s concept sketches (and a few John Blanche pieces) with a framing narrative of an artist travelling through the Empire. These are meant to be visiting Arabyans he meets.

Thank you!! Though now I’m sad because it means there’s still no chance of Araby appearing in The Old World…

1 hour ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Thank you!! Though now I’m sad because it means there’s still no chance of Araby appearing in The Old World…

I wouldn't be so hasty. If TOW is profitable, I'm sure GW will start digging through whatever lore they have for new faction opportunities.

Not a very likely chance, but a chance nonetheless.

• 4 weeks later...

EDIT: I was being stupid and linked an old Interview with Andy Hall. The new one is here:

Its obviously regarding Total Warhammer 3 specifically but lore stuff may give us hints on what to expect for certain factions like Kislev and Cathay.

There is another due today on Total War: Live, if anyone wanted to watch along. 

Edited by Black_Templar_Lad

2 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Monkey king seems to be an enemy of chaos, that’s interesting, considering once he worked with skaven.

As neat as it is to see Cathay and Kislev in Total War, I'm just now realizing that this is just the initial roster for both. Monkey King and his Monkey Warriors, Baba Yaga replacement and more Ungor stuff for Kislev and who knows what else...they're going to be pretty wild armies in the end.

1 hour ago, madmac said:

As neat as it is to see Cathay and Kislev in Total War, I'm just now realizing that this is just the initial roster for both. Monkey King and his Monkey Warriors, Baba Yaga replacement and more Ungor stuff for Kislev and who knows what else...they're going to be pretty wild armies in the end.

Yeah I was actually quite disappointed at first, since their initial roster seem very "mundane", turns out it's just DLC milking!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Yeah I was actually quite disappointed at first, since their initial roster seem very "mundane", turns out it's just DLC milking!

It is great to know we'll definitely be getting an expanded Cathay with DLC. Chinese mythology is so good. Really hope to see Terracotta Warriors and giant Foo Dogs, I was slightly disappointed too with the initial roster as amazing as it is. 

I feel I'm going to be disappointed with the Monkey King just from my own expectations. I would literally want a copy and paste of Sun Wukong as unoriginal as that would be. I just hope he really is an independent force of nature, no one knows how he got his powers, where or who from, not tied to Chaos, just a mischievous mystery to everyone. Ah I can't wait to see him. 

• LOVE IT! 1

6 hours ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

It is great to know we'll definitely be getting an expanded Cathay with DLC. Chinese mythology is so good. Really hope to see Terracotta Warriors and giant Foo Dogs, I was slightly disappointed too with the initial roster as amazing as it is. 

I feel I'm going to be disappointed with the Monkey King just from my own expectations. I would literally want a copy and paste of Sun Wukong as unoriginal as that would be. I just hope he really is an independent force of nature, no one knows how he got his powers, where or who from, not tied to Chaos, just a mischievous mystery to everyone. Ah I can't wait to see him. 

I’m a bit upset that it looks like there won’t be any Ind, khuresh, or Nippon, DLC so far (according to Andy Hall interviews), but I’m glad we’re getting the Monkey King. I kinda want him to be some kind of Yeti/Spider Monkey Hybrid with multiple arms, and for him to have an army of “not-chaos” monkeys that do a different thing based on what god they’re not-representing. 
Besides Chaos Dwarfs and the king, I really hope CA adds in Araby when they add in Yin-Yin the Water dragon. It would be so cool to see what they and GW could come up with. 

• LOVE IT! 1

So just like the Border Princes then. They’re still in the early stages of development and years off before anything can happen so it’s basic stuff we already knew(which tbf can’t be helped here because they already gave everything for CA to show off) but they slap a barely mentioned icon on the far edge of the map to get people’s hopes up. Meh. 🤷

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 1

So... that bit about Khuresh and Ind not being added seems to be a bit of a tzeentchian truth (better known as a lie of omission), still no sign of Nippon but we never know!

3 hours ago, Jator said:

More about Cathay in the Old World...which would be exactly like Cathay 200 years after.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/02/18/grand-cathay-is-mapped-for-the-first-time-in-warhammer-the-old-world/

I liked the mention about hobgoblin khanates nonetheless.

In addition to the Hobgoblin Khanates I'm interested in the "Foundry of Bones" up in the far left of the map. What is it? a Khorne Daemon forge? a Chaos Dwarf outpost? who knows?!

Edited by Loyal Son of Khemri