Are Dispossessed obsoleted by Cities of Sigmar?

ANevskyUSA

Question

I have a Dispossessed army. Now that Cities of Sigmar has come out, is my army obsolete? In particular, Warriors, Quarrelers and Thunderers are not in the new Battletome. Does this mean that they are out of the game? Or can I still field these units in a Dispossessed army using the Allegiance abilities from the General's Handbook?

5 answers to this question

2 hours ago, ANevskyUSA said:

I have a Dispossessed army. Now that Cities of Sigmar has come out, is my army obsolete? In particular, Warriors, Quarrelers and Thunderers are not in the new Battletome. Does this mean that they are out of the game? Or can I still field these units in a Dispossessed army using the Allegiance abilities from the General's Handbook?

If it's in the GHB you can still use them, but you're at the mercy of whether or not they're placed in the 2020 GHB

54 minutes ago, smartazjb0y said:

If it's in the GHB you can still use them, but you're at the mercy of whether or not they're placed in the 2020 GHB

Well that sucks. I will just have to use the Dwarf Warscroll Compendium (heck, Miners will get to be Miners again rather than proxy Warriors). There are no warscroll battalions, or faction-specific goodies, so I would be putting myself at a disadvantage. So nobody should object. Right? 

52 minutes ago, ANevskyUSA said:

Well that sucks. I will just have to use the Dwarf Warscroll Compendium (heck, Miners will get to be Miners again rather than proxy Warriors). There are no warscroll battalions, or faction-specific goodies, so I would be putting myself at a disadvantage. So nobody should object. Right? 

Next year Warhammer Legends will be getting points, and with so many Dwarf units going away for Cities of Sigmar, they might finally get the full Legends treatment(hopefully the reason they didn't come out right after CoS is because they're going to have points right away).

4 hours ago, smartazjb0y said:

You can always use your Warriors as Longbeards. They are almost exactly the same model.

Thunderers & Quarrelers are tougher to find a match for, but I don't think anyone would mind you using the Freeguild Handgunner/Xbowmen rules (although I know some people don't like using dwarfs as humans).

That said there's no issue with continuing to use the Dispossessed allegiance for now.