Ogor Mawtribes – Warcry House Rules

Revlid

Following my shot at the Kharadron Overlords, I've had a go at a much more sensibly-sized warband – the Ogor Mawtribes! As well as fighter cards and an ability sheet, this includes a Background table. No Allies or Campaign as of yet, but all feedback is 100% welcome! Let me know if there's anything you think might need a second look.

6pscbPy.jpg

Warcry-OgorMawtribes-SMALL.pdf

Edited by Revlid
Updating PDF.
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, christie-paul said:

This is fantastic work, I was starting to try this as well but without your artistic flare with the cards :)

Have you thought about trying to add the Ironblaster?

I think the Ironblaster is a much too big – even for an Ally! It might work as a Monster, but it's not exactly "wild".

Even aside from their heroes, Ogors do have a bunch of different models that could potentially be added to this roster, as Allies or otherwise – Maneaters, Yhetees, and Frost Sabres spring out as possibilities, though Mournfang look too big to be anything but an Ally. I avoided these both to keep the roster tight, and to keep the roster limited to plastic box sets – just as GW have done with theirs.

• Thanks 1

I like this! I think you did a good job and now i dont have to try to get my homebrew stats into nice card format. I have a few ideas for command traits and artefacts. These are taken from the effects of atrefacts and command traits from the core book so they should all be balanced

Command traits

Crushing Bulk: roll 2 dice instead of 1 when this fighter uses trample. Damage can be dealt on each roll.

Food for thought: when this fighter is in your warband start the 1st battle round with 1 additional wild dice.

Artefacts

Fang of Ghur: add 3 to damage of crits by this fighter

Sky titan scatter pistols

Once per battle choose a visible enemy within 6" of the bearer and roll a dice. On a 4-5 deal 5 damage on a 6 deal 10 damage

P.S. i still have a sneaking suspision that the gluttons might be slightly undercosted. But maybe thats because im comparing to IJ brutes with a super slow move stat who are probably a little overcosted.

Edited by ccconner777
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, mDaro said:

FANTASTIC!!! I will give them a play test this weekend for sure but they look pretty fair to me.

I'm glad you like them! Please let me know how the game goes – I'm always interested in feedback, and there's only so much playtesting I can do myself.

4 hours ago, DestructionKev said:

Thank you very Much for this Awsome Work! I will try to test them too and will give you Feedback 

But the BCR Part of my Heart wished some Mournfang to play too :)

Mournfang don't really play well with the Warcry scale; Yhetees, Hunters, and Sabretusks are about the only things that fit. I considered adding Sabretusks just to help with adding a Hunter down the line as an Ally, but a) they're resin, not the plastic of all other "core" warband options, b) Ogors are already pretty varied and option-heavy, so adding another totally different type of fighter would have been a noticeable boost.

17 hours ago, Revlid said:

Mournfang don't really play well with the Warcry scale; Yhetees, Hunters, and Sabretusks are about the only things that fit. I considered adding Sabretusks just to help with adding a Hunter down the line as an Ally, but a) they're resin, not the plastic of all other "core" warband options, b) Ogors are already pretty varied and option-heavy, so adding another totally different type of fighter would have been a noticeable boost.

ok cool, that makes absolutly sense. Thank you for your Response. 

And again, very good work with the Warcry House rules for our beloved Ogors !