Treelord Ancient as an allied

Battlefury

Question

Hello!

Refering to it's warscroll I do have a question about the ability to plant a wyldwood of the treelord ancient.

If he is an ally to another order faction, can he then plant the wyldwood? Can he than furhter awake it, and move/ teleport through it?

For me it seems he can do all of that then.

Cheers///

6 answers to this question

30 minutes ago, Battlefury said:

Hello!

Refering to it's warscroll I do have a question about the ability to plant a wyldwood of the treelord ancient.

If he is an ally to another order faction, can he then plant the wyldwood? Can he than furhter awake it, and move/ teleport through it?

For me it seems he can do all of that then.

Cheers///

The Rules Silent Communication (planting a Awakening wyldwood) and Awakening the Wood shouldn't be a problem. They are rules on the warscroll, not part of the allegiance Sylvaneth.

The main problem with spirit path is, that you need 2 Awakening Woods to Teleport the Model. And if you ally the Treelord it's unlikely to get a second Awakening Wood unless your opponent plays Sylvaneth.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, EMMachine said:

The Rules Silent Communication (planting a Awakening wyldwood) and Awakening the Wood shouldn't be a problem. They are rules on the warscroll, not part of the allegiance Sylvaneth.

The main problem with spirit path is, that you need 2 Awakening Woods to Teleport the Model. And if you ally the Treelord it's unlikely to get a second Awakening Wood unless your opponent plays Sylvaneth.

I don't have the book in front of me but I believe that all Sylvaneth Wizards know Verdant Blessing right? (I don't think it is tied to Allegiance)

So a Treelord should be able to auto-summon a wood once, and then summon additional woods via the spell.

The value might be questionable though, since all the woods would block LOS and be constantly trying to kill the other 1700pts of the army lol.

2 minutes ago, Landohammer said:

I don't have the book in front of me but I believe that all Sylvaneth Wizards know Verdant Blessing right? (I don't think it is tied to Allegiance)

So a Treelord should be able to auto-summon a wood once, and then summon additional woods via the spell.

The value might be questionable though, since all the woods would block LOS and be constantly trying to kill the other 1700pts of the army lol.

Hm ... interesting. They really used another wording her. In all other armies I know (or at least remember), all spells in the lore are locked behind the army 🤔

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, EMMachine said:

Hm ... interesting. They really used another wording her. In all other armies I know (or at least remember), all spells in the lore are locked behind the army 🤔

Yea its a weird situation. They even specifically clarified in a FAQ that Verdant Blessing is NOT a Deepwood Lore spell. So as far as I can tell, it just requires you to be a Sylvaneth Wizard. (similar to the racial endless spells)

I got a screenshot of the book page. Here is the exact wording:

"Sylvaneth Wizards know the Verdant Blessing spell in addition to any other spells they know. In addition you can choose or roll for one of the spells from the Lore of the Deepwood table for each Wizard in a Sylvaneth army. "

Verdant Blessing has no allegiance requirement. All Sylvaneth wizards have it.

Also the Sylvaneth Designers Commentary clarified that Verdant Blessing is not in the Lore of the Deepwood.