Getting rid of my Chaos, but...

mrstimpson38

...I still want to keep a 2k list. Here's the list I'm thinking about keeping.

(gen) Aspiring Deathbringer (wrath-hammer)

Skullgrinder

Slaughterpriest (wrath-hammer)

Skarbrand

Blood Warriors (10, gorefists) x3

Wrathmongers (5) x3

Bloodstorm

Red Headsman

As you can see, I love units with chained weapons and I want to keep my Skarbrand, so he's in. This comes out to a solid 2k and allows the use of three artefacts.

My Ironjawz are my main faction, so this is more a themed/display army, but I'd still like to know what you guys think about it in general and what you would do for command traits, artefacts, general tactics, etc.

Thanks in advance, guys.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

It's quite early days still for the GHB pitched battles style of play, I'd see if any tournaments have lists posted and look at the Khorne ones.

As for your list, it seems very good, if I had to pick fault it would be it's ability to deal mortal wounds, it's speed and that the general is vunerable but that seems true for nearly all khorne lists.

On 8/16/2016 at 3:13 AM, mrstimpson38 said:

As you can see, I love units with chained weapons and I want to keep my Skarbrand, so he's in. This comes out to a solid 2k and allows the use of three artefacts.

I've played 4-5 games against Skarbrand, and he just ruins my plans every time. Very good choice to keep him around, even if he isn't mortal. If you have any of the other heroes like the Bloodsecrator or the Bloodstoker I would keep them instead of the slaughterpriest and the skullgrinder. I'm dispensing this advice completely on the basis that Mr Whippy can get Skarbrand into combat faster, and the Bloodsecrator can make him do a lot more damage when he arrives.

I've had Skarbrand survive a 6 vomit attacks and then cut through 9 Bile Trolls in 2 rounds of combat against me. He's such a horrible thing to see across the table.

36 minutes ago, james.speller said:

I've played 4-5 games against Skarbrand, and he just ruins my plans every time. Very good choice to keep him around, even if he isn't mortal. If you have any of the other heroes like the Bloodsecrator or the Bloodstoker I would keep them instead of the slaughterpriest and the skullgrinder. I'm dispensing this advice completely on the basis that Mr Whippy can get Skarbrand into combat faster, and the Bloodsecrator can make him do a lot more damage when he arrives.

Totally agree with you here.

Bloodsecrator is almost a must, also because with him your wrathmongers are even more deadlier. I would keep the slaughterpriest though, as it can be really helpful against mages - in combination with the blood secrator you get your enemy to reroll succesfull casts, and then you can still try to unbound.

55 minutes ago, DamonRafael said:

Totally agree with you here.

Bloodsecrator is almost a must, also because with him your wrathmongers are even more deadlier. I would keep the slaughterpriest though, as it can be really helpful against mages - in combination with the blood secrator you get your enemy to reroll succesfull casts, and then you can still try to unbound.

I think the mighty lord of Khorne is able to dispel as many spells as he likes, so if you got rid of the Aspiring Deathbringer you could use him instead. Check me on that one, I've been known to make stuff up before.

I'm also in love with wrathmongers, the models are nice but the rules are even better.

14 minutes ago, james.speller said:

I think the mighty lord of Khorne is able to dispel as many spells as he likes, so if you got rid of the Aspiring Deathbringer you could use him instead. Check me on that one, I've been known to make stuff up before.

Your memory-fu is good - it was confirmed in one of the FAQs

Great advice, guys. I appreciate the input.

I have had good results with a Bloodsecrator and Bloodstoker, and I understand they're great, but honestly I don't like having passive models on the field when I'm playing and prefer the all or nothing play style of the Red Headsman's Aspiring Deathbringer and Skullgrinder combo, even more so when paired with the Wrathmongers. You get roughly the same, if not better results when it comes to damage buffs after a good bit of work. And I don't mind putting the time in, if you know what I mean. They also make the game far more interesting by not only giving your enemy extra attacks with the Wrathmongers, but rerolls with the Red Headsman formation. It takes things up a notch, and as a Khorne lover, I care not whence the blood flows.

Besides unit choice, what command traits and artefacts would you guys use with this list? I typically use Cunning Deceiver and hand out Chaos Talismans like they're Skittles, but I'd like outside perspectives with keeping my list in mind.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Archived