Hello from Lincoln UK

TerrorPenguin

Hello!

Im Jon, returned to warhammer about 6 months ago, tried to get back into 40k after a 10+ year break and found it impossible to get into, started playing malifaux.

Some people at the local game store recommended AOS and I've only played a couple of games but really enjoying it, easy to get into and really pleased to be using GW stuff again.

If you're in the East Midlands and interested in a game let us know. I have a death army which is growing by the day.

Ta

jon 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Jon,

Just spotted your post, I also live in Lincoln in the Glebe Park area.

I'm pretty new to playing, only had a handful of games with my brother-in-law and have a half painted high elf/stormcast army.

Have you found any clubs playing AoS anywhere close by? I would like to get stuck into a few more games and something with a once a month commitment would be great. Currently time is a big issue for me as I teach so my work load goes up and down depend on whether it's term time or the holidays!

Hey Adam, I have been playing at Titan Games on the high street but getting games is fairly sporadic, they are only open late one evening so if I can't do that evening it gets tricky.

There is a new gaming hall / store opening tonight on the Allenby Industrial estate down the back of monks road, which I'm going to have a look at this eve and have high hopes for, but time will tell. I saw a post on here about an AOS escalation league (start at 500 pts and add 100pts each month) that I will suggest to them. I'm happy to coordinate something but don't want to tread on their toes! 

Would like to find more players though, if you're up for a game let me know! 

https://m.facebook.com/ImpsGaming/

Hi Jon,

That's excellent news! What are the odds that the day I find your post is the day before a new gaming store opens right by!!

I'm definitely going to pop down tonight to have a look around and show my face. I'll probably be there about 7ish and I'll put my 'Dunkle Fester' tshirt on so you can spot me!

dunkel.jpg

The idea of an escalation league is really appealing and something which I could commit to.

Hopefully see you there. If not I'll report back on how it goes for me.

Adam

Hi Jon,

Sorry I should have made myself clearer, I won't have my army with me tonight. Due putting my little one to bed and then having some UCAS references to write I'll only be able to pop down for 30 mins or so - I just wanted to find out what the set up is like. But if you're about we should definitely organise a game soon! As a rough idea this Friday night would be good with me if they're open late?

1 hour ago, cb_rex said:

So went over to Imps Gaming in Lincoln this afternoon and bought myself a Betrayal at Calth set and some other bits.  It seems a pretty cool store with a nice spacious gaming area.

Dude, sorry I would've said hello if I knew you were from here, I was playing in their kill team mini tourney. If you want a game of AOS let us know! 

Ha, that's pretty funny, I was in there quite a while chatting hobby stuff and looking at the cool different stuff in the cabinets.  

I will be heading back in sometime as I've got some Genestealer stuff on pre-order.  I've only played a handful of games of AoS and have never actually played anyone who's not a family member so have no idea about gamer etiquette and I've only got Greenskinz painted but on square bases if none of that is a problem then I'd definitely be up for a game sometime.

Edit: I'm not on Facebook, maybe we need a thread in the gaming clubs section of these forums.

Great, sounds like we're all in a similar position. I'm definitely up for a game. With enough notice I can usually free myself up on Tuesday or Friday nights (possibly some Sunday's if I can strike a deal with the wife!)

I have a mixture of high elves and stormcasts, about 2000 points in total but only 1000 points are built and painted.

I've also only played a handful of games with my brother-in-law... and have lost every game so far, so you don't need to worry about any hardcore gaming from me! However I really enjoy the fluff and social aspect so would be great get AoS built up at the store.

@TerrorPenguin I'm also not on facebook so haven't been able to check out the group sorry!

Cool, Tuesday or Friday night is good for me and doesn't clash with their Monday night Malifaux.  I don't mind watching a game or doing a bit of assembly/painting or we could have a 3 way if we're all there.  

Have either of you been in the evening/was it busy?

wise people not being on Facebook! I might see if I can start a whatsapp group like the Derby people have. 

I went last Tuesday and it was fairly busy although not exactly heaving. If you're free this Tuesday and Adam doesn't mind I'm happy to do a three player game or try and get a few games in. In my experience 1000 pts doesn't take too long

A three player sounds good to me, I think the general's handbook has some good ideas for multiplayer games, I'm also happy to watch a couple of games to help me soak up the rules.

I popped in on Friday to collect my order and there were plenty of free tables.

Archived