Let's make strardrake great again. (with cities of sigmar)

AngryPomeranian

The Drakesworn Templar with bow can deepstrike in Living City, shoot, then make a normal move to get a 3" charge.  Make him your General with Ironoak Artisan and the Spear of the Hunt and he has a 2+ save, +1 to wound rolls to his Tempest axe with -1 rend.  Deepstrike some Concussors with him.  He strikes first and they still strike before your opponent also on a 3" charge (unless they have strike first as well, of course).

• Like 3

This thread leaves sour taste in my mouth.

It is because reading the suggestions above makes me feel as if Stardrake is much more useful when used without stormcast battletome.

While Staunch Defender is not a shabby command trait on its own, it seems to be dwarfed by options provided by the Cities of Sigmar allegiance abilities.

Nowadays, I struggle to use stardrake competitively in Stormcast list. 

It is too expensive and requires several supporting heroes to improve mobility and defence.

And yet its offensive capability is worse, compared to its iteration in Cities of Sigmar list. 

Comparative lack of cost-effective bodies(e.g. greatswords, demigryph knights, hammerers) only adds salt to the wound.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Sagittarii Orientalis said:

This thread leaves sour taste in my mouth.

It is because reading the suggestions above makes me feel as if Stardrake is much more useful when used without stormcast battletome.

While Staunch Defender is not a shabby command trait on its own, it seems to be dwarfed by options provided by the Cities of Sigmar allegiance abilities.

Nowadays, I struggle to use stardrake competitively in Stormcast list. 

It is too expensive and requires several supporting heroes to improve mobility and defence.

And yet its offensive capability is worse, compared to its iteration in Cities of Sigmar list. 

Comparative lack of cost-effective bodies(e.g. greatswords, demigryph knights, hammerers) only adds salt to the wound.

Seriously, who the hell looked at the Stardrake warscroll and thought, "gee, this 12 wound model is worth 460/560 points!", and then turned around and made Keepers/Terrorgheists 300 something??

It's like they literally fired the dev team after the SCE/Nighthaunt tomes and went straight to OP Land.

This applies to most of the SCE tome, actually, not just the dragons. We bring half (or less!) the bodies of every other army, and have none of the hard hitters or staying power to make up for it.

Edited by LordPrometheus
  • Like 2

I think the most killy stardrake will be LCoSD with stormbound blade in Celestial Vindicators stormhost. Buff him with Celestial blades to get better wounding and he should kill everything.
Top - 3+2+1+d3 3+(rr1)/3+/-1/d2 each 6 on hit is 3 hits and of them is d3
Mount - 5 3+(rr1)/2+/-1/d d3

+
d3 mortals on charge, d3 mortals on pile in, 3 models slayin, d3 mortals after fight

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/7/2019 at 2:51 PM, LordPrometheus said:

This applies to most of the SCE tome, actually, not just the dragons. We bring half (or less!) the bodies of every other army, and have none of the hard hitters or staying power to make up for it.

I agree with you that stardrake need as a 100 points reduction if we compare it to units as big squig,verminlords,undead dragon,keeper etc

But your second statement is false.

Yes all in sc tome is underpower vs new tomes BUT if we ignore the new sacrosant chamber,per example sequitors are 100% better in every stats and cheaper than dearf ironbreakers that are new.

Also stormcast ballista is better than every warmachine of citys o sigmar etc etc

So yes stardrake need a buff,old stormcast need a buff, but sacrosant chamber is 100% balanced vs the new tomes(if we ignore slanesh and skavens that are broken beyond overpower)

• Thanks 1