General Narrative discussion

Moldek

• 2 weeks later...

Kicking off our next narrative cycle on Sunday.

Basic premise is Bel’akor has created conflict in Khorne’s army between the Daemons and Mortals which can only be resolved by a contest to see which army can supply more skulls for the skull throne.  

Using this narrative to try out some new battletomes and we’re kicking off with Mawtribes as the Daemons will face off against BCR in the “Blood in the Snow Bowl” while the Mortals fight against the Gutbusters.  

For Khorne it is also about our group trying out some models we don’t normally see on the table.  We’re particularly intrigued to see how the “Reaver Deathstar” performs.  (40x Reavers, 5x Wrathmongers, Bloodsecrator, Aspiring Deathbringer and Slaughterpriest withKilling Frenzy). We’ll see how long they can maintain those aura bubbles.

Intent is to go three Rounds to see which Khorne sub-faction provides more blood for the blood god.  Winner gets to be that sides’ General during the final big 8k+ total points blow off battle.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 2/28/2020 at 2:20 PM, Beer & Pretzels Gamer said:

Kicking off our next narrative cycle on Sunday

From a narrative perspective would say Round One went “half right”.

Khorne Mortals vs Bloodgullet Mawtribe was one of the most fun and balanced games our group has played.  The game shifted back-and-forth over five rounds with Mawtribes ahead on victory points but Khorne Mortals wracking up an incredibly high Wound total for their Blood for the Blood God score.  As a result both players were very happy.

On the other table unfortunately Khorne Daemons vs Boulderhead Mawtribe was just one of those matches that went off the rails.  The BCR player had a great R1 and took out some key pieces early which left the Daemons player struggling.  They degraded all for of the Behemoths significantly but they were never in a position to concentrate their firepower and finish them off.

As a result the Blood for the Blood God score is very lopsided at moment with Mortals up 118 to 30.  But we’ll tweak the Daemons list and see what happens next round when Daemons go up against the KO while the Mortals wander deeper into the forest and find themself in Sylvaneth territory.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow this is nice, so iam starting a bit of a campaign in a bit between me and 2 others, I have kharadron, 1 of them is Gloomspite, and the third is the Death Korps of Krieg. We were thinking it's a crossover, with the DKoK crossing over into the AoS realm for a while and going "what the heck is this? HERESY!". Also a fourth guy playing Tau might join, but he is a maybe. Originally it was going to be my very small sky fleet doing it's thing, slowly expanding, the grots in a cave in a desert and miserable, fighting for a bit, and then bam comes a magical wormhole and the DKoK, which happen to be desert themed. Currently I am basically purging strength, ballistics is becoming to hit for ranged weapons, slightly adapted however. Save = Save, AP = Rend, a much more dumbed down version witht he rules slightly altered. Should be fun, might take a while to get set up because we need the models. Currently I have my starting force up and good, while the grots should be done within 2 months, 3 at the outside. Really looking forward to it, so many desert themed items!

• Like 2

Sounds like a fun campaign!  You may or may not be interested, but I've created AoS warscrolls for most 40k units along with battle traits, artefacts, etc.

https://hivefleetcharybdis.wordpress.com/2016/03/13/40k-age-of-sigmar-warscrolls

16 hours ago, Sttufe said:

Wow this is nice, so iam starting a bit of a campaign in a bit between me and 2 others, I have kharadron, 1 of them is Gloomspite, and the third is the Death Korps of Krieg. We were thinking it's a crossover, with the DKoK crossing over into the AoS realm for a while and going "what the heck is this? HERESY!". Also a fourth guy playing Tau might join, but he is a maybe. Originally it was going to be my very small sky fleet doing it's thing, slowly expanding, the grots in a cave in a desert and miserable, fighting for a bit, and then bam comes a magical wormhole and the DKoK, which happen to be desert themed. Currently I am basically purging strength, ballistics is becoming to hit for ranged weapons, slightly adapted however. Save = Save, AP = Rend, a much more dumbed down version witht he rules slightly altered. Should be fun, might take a while to get set up because we need the models. Currently I have my starting force up and good, while the grots should be done within 2 months, 3 at the outside. Really looking forward to it, so many desert themed items!

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Nacnudllah said:

Sounds like a fun campaign!  You may or may not be interested, but I've created AoS warscrolls for most 40k units along with battle traits, artefacts, etc.

https://hivefleetcharybdis.wordpress.com/2016/03/13/40k-age-of-sigmar-warscrolls

Oh wow this is super helpful! I have been looking at it and most of them are in it, unfortunately I can't find a super heavy squad (the massive mortars) or the stubbers. I am gonna look into them to see if it is special or just labeled weirdly. I will definitely tell you how it goes once we fight!

Edit: wait never mind I think I figured out how this is formatted. Also I know it's a bit of a stretch but you wouldn't happen to have one for the Lord of the Rings armies (one of them cut off his nose to spite his face, and switched from Tau to something else there?)

Second Edit: Is this still being updated or is this an ongoing project? It seems pretty old, but loving it so far!

Edited by Sttufe
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Sttufe said:

Oh wow this is super helpful! I have been looking at it and most of them are in it, unfortunately I can't find a super heavy squad (the massive mortars) or the stubbers. I am gonna look into them to see if it is special or just labeled weirdly. I will definitely tell you how it goes once we fight!

Edit: wait never mind I think I figured out how this is formatted. Also I know it's a bit of a stretch but you wouldn't happen to have one for the Lord of the Rings armies (one of them cut off his nose to spite his face, and switched from Tau to something else there?)

Second Edit: Is this still being updated or is this an ongoing project? It seems pretty old, but loving it so far!

I do still update it from time to time.  The last thing I did was add the Imperium side of the Rogue Trader and Blackstone Fortress stuff, but I'm currently working on the Chaos side of those releases (very slowly).  Sadly, I haven't done anything for LotR.  I didn't even know a Super Heavy Astra Militarum squad existed 0.0  Is that a Forge World thing?  I haven't really covered Forge World either.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Nacnudllah said:

I do still update it from time to time.  The last thing I did was add the Imperium side of the Rogue Trader and Blackstone Fortress stuff, but I'm currently working on the Chaos side of those releases (very slowly).  Sadly, I haven't done anything for LotR.  I didn't even know a Super Heavy Astra Militarum squad existed 0.0  Is that a Forge World thing?  I haven't really covered Forge World either.

That would be it. The entirety of Death Korps of Krieg is on FW (which means it's also stupidly expensive). It's okay though, for now he is using space marines so were good :). 

• Like 1