Difficult basing

meermouse

So I've tried my first conversion putting the body of an arachnorak on to a soul grinder. Problem is I'm having trouble fitting him on to his base. I can just about do it with a few limbs sticking out, but is that a problem? Might be an issue with being rear charged, would that be a problem in tournaments? Would TO's have an issue with it? Cheers.

1471203390523-421368048.jpg

Can jam it into tighter spots, especially with the 3" rule but also in gaps in combat, and the opponent has less frontage to attack. That's assuming you're measuring base to base.

Generally using a bigger base will be a-okay as long as you're not doing something ridiculous.

2 hours ago, Sleboda said:

Ah.  Base to base. I was just going on the rules as opposed to modifications.  Got it now. 

Several tournaments, GW run ones included, have this as a rule being used, so it's really not that unheard of. It tends to also avoid arguements about weapon ranges more than model to model measuring.

12 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

@meermouse - I wanna see some more pics of that conversion! Looks super cool!!

I think an Arachnarok will fit on a 130mm base, but if not definitely a 160mm. @Stevewren has a Weetabix Vortex Beast converted from one I think, his is on a round so may be able to advise.

Thanks chris, I'll post a picture when it's done :)

Archived