How do I beat maggotkin?

Jaxler

On 11/3/2019 at 2:30 AM, ACBelMutie said:

Q: Can a Mourngul be taken in a Legions of Nagash army?A: No. It can be taken in Death and Nighthaunt armies, and as an ally by a Soulblight army.

Link: https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/age_of_sigmar_legions_of_nagash_designers_commentary_en.pdf

Greetings

What's the basis for that FAQ answer? It makes no sense, Mourngul clearly has the Nighthaunt keyword and the Legions can all ally in Nighthaunt.

Looks to me they forgot to edit that FAQ at some point. GW and their rules writing...

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Evil Bob said:

Worry not Saxon & Honk.  Surely GW will raise the point costs on Direwolves again to encourage Black Knight use as an alternative.

You sir, are not funny at all!!!

But they will probably be taken out if production soon, so I can use my money for mighty Bloodknights or might as well buy the new cheese factory called obr, maybe their riders are noteworthy, at least their heroes look like stormbros ...

8 hours ago, Platypus said:

What's the basis for that FAQ answer? It makes no sense, Mourngul clearly has the Nighthaunt keyword and the Legions can all ally in Nighthaunt.

Looks to me they forgot to edit that FAQ at some point. GW and their rules writing...

Actually they cannot ally nighthaunt as a whole, they can ally specific units from the nighthaunt alliance. It s a significant difference in the faq

21 minutes ago, Skipsalajan said:

Actually they cannot ally nighthaunt as a whole, they can ally specific units from the nighthaunt alliance. It s a significant difference in the faq

Some Nighthaunt units are part of LoN and don’t need to be allied, those are the ones mentioned in the FAQ. The rest of the Nighthaunt can be allied in. Picture is from Pitched Battle Profiles 2019. 

9BB8E490-1585-4E72-9433-20BA06189EA3.jpeg

Edited by Platypus

On 11/13/2019 at 9:48 AM, Honk said:

You sir, are not funny at all!!!

If only I had a nickel for every time...

On 11/13/2019 at 9:48 AM, Honk said:

But they will probably be taken out if production soon, so I can use my money for mighty Bloodknights or might as well buy the new cheese factory called obr, maybe their riders are noteworthy, at least their heroes look like stormbros ...

Well for anyone with a pre-AoS 2.0 or even substandard like Nighthaunt will find Bonereapers to be broken.  Then again the same can be said about the Fyreslayers, Skaven, Cities of Sigmar,  and Slanesh.  AoS still has better quality control than 40k but it has been slipping.

If they are taking Battletome:LoN stuff out of production I wonder what that means for the majority of the old Death line?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Evil Bob said:

will find Bonereapers to be broken.

Since we’re highjacking the „how to beat maggotkin“ threat...

in casual play, they might be pretty tricky to field, or field certain combinations, without being that guy. But their real potential still needs to be explored, by filthy waac crazies and then their mettle and merit will be exposed. There are hints of weak objective play due to small numbers... (which imo doesn’t bode well for casuals)

Like OP stated, you will run into certain lists, you might not really know how to handle and after questioning the trolls, you’ll get some nice tactic ideas to try out.

the inner workings of the masterminds in charge of the miniature range seem to be firmly in the loving and caring hands of all 4 chaos gods, between „this is beyond awesome“ to „degenerated filth“, sooo... hope and pray (to Nagash)

As others have mentioned; hit penalties. -1 hit renders blightkings pillow-fisted. There are a lot of ways to get -1 to hit that you can pick from.

Also keep track of the Nurgle allegiance ability, so you know what buff the cycle is currently giving and what it is going to give next round. I'd bet some of those hero-sniping 'spells' are actually him using the cycle, something you can predict ahead of time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NinthMusketeer said:

As others have mentioned; hit penalties. -1 hit renders blightkings pillow-fisted. There are a lot of ways to get -1 to hit that you can pick from.

snip

I’m rather surprised they haven’t FAQed it to unmodified sixes.  Then again GW did delay fixing the issue on the Death side until Battletomb:Nighthaunt was released.

9 hours ago, NinthMusketeer said:

I'd bet some of those hero-sniping 'spells' are actually him using the cycle,

Together with rotigus Deluge spell and if memory serves right there was a battalion cranking that up to eleven. That spell is LoS and can really mess up your heros 7d6 on 4+ causing d3 mortals... then the wheel, maybe even resetteteted through magic and suddenly your supporters crumble start of round three.