Best unsupported order shooting unit

Chumphammer

I think even for unsupported you also need to have tactics in mind. Do you need to hit t1? Are you going to screen them? So even unsupported in terms of command abilities or whatnot, it's hard to judge given movespeed and range are so important. 

Some thoughts:

Skinks with boltsplitters. Shoot terribly but screen and hold objectives like stars. Very cheap.

Khinari heartrenders. Deepstrike means that sometimes the enemy must hold back very expensive units to keep them from taking objectives. And they can kill solo hero's easily.

Freeguild handgunners. Can move and shoot well, can snipe hero's reasonable.. Not sexy, but they need very little to function well. Unlike many other shooting units they create support by screening and sniping, while also being very good on their own. Clearly not the highest damage but do just fine with nothing else.

My choices are all not sexy but efficient role players 

• Like 2

Sisters of the Watch are solid because of the 2 attacks thing. 

Shadow warriors are great too. Deploy anywhere and while in cover they have a 2+/3+/-1/1 attack
And will be in range, where as the sister's 18" range might not do much first turn. 

hard to say what's "best" because points and situation matter a lot. 

Edited by Inquisitorsz
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2019 at 1:27 AM, Frowny said:

My choices are all not sexy but efficient role players 

I love sexy role players... eehh I mean. ;) What would be the sexy choices in your mind ? 
also fully agree with your point about the unit needing to fit the strategy. 

Sexy would be something like sisters of the watch or irondrakes that can wipe units on their own. Very killy even but without 'support' like cps or extra buffs but also quite expensive so they often want 'support' in terms of a screen or countercharge unit.

I think obliterating units is what people think they want when they ask for a shooting unit, not something versatile but annoying like skinks