Acronyms- favourite? Hated? Absent?

Souleater

1 minute ago, AGPO said:
On 10/31/2019 at 7:55 PM, Sleboda said:

TLDR; Help us out. Spell it out. 😉

Shouldn't that be: "Too long; didn't read?" ;)

"Too Long; Didn't Read (TLDR); Help us out. Spell it out. 😉(Winking Face Emoji: A yellow face with a slight smile shown winking. May signal a joke, flirtation, hidden meaning, or general positivity. Tone varies, including playful, affectionate, suggestive, or ironic.)"

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I agree with a few previous comments, a lot of these names written feel like they weren't spoken out loud before writing.

How many times have we seen Kharadron Overlords spelled wrong before? Khadaron, Kharadon, etc. I event had to look at the webstore to remember how it was spelled out. Or I could just use KO. :P

Edited by Barbossal

1 hour ago, Barbossal said:

I agree with a few previous comments, a lot of these names written feel like they weren't spoken out loud before writing.

How many times have we seen Kharadron Overlords spelled wrong before? Khadaron, Kharadon, etc. I event had to look at the webstore to remember how it was spelled out. Or I could just use KO. :P

It's even worse if you've played Warmachine.

7 hours ago, Souleater said:

Thanks for the replies - they make a lot of sense, so I can see why we are trying to keep things in plain English.

I mean, I have no idea what DPR means (it was mentioned in relation to save after saves).

My guess would be its 'Damage per Round' as Damage per second  (DPS) is a common way of mentioning damage output in MMO's.  Doesn't really apply to tabletop gaming.

Having a sticky thread with some commonly used acronyms might not be  a bad idea.  Could be very helpful for new players.

• Like 1