The Painting Contract - November 2019

TheOtherJosh

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for November 2019!

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain or models for Age Of Sigmar, Warcry, Blood Bowl, Blitz Bowl, Warhammer Underworlds, Warhammer Quest Silver Tower / Shadows Over Hammerhal, or Gorechosen.

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

@Mohojoe & @TheOtherJosh

I’m back init boys! Meat’s on the menu and painting on the table. While waiting for the feast of bones I’m:

- finishing of some final touches on old deamon slayers who I’ll play as hearthguard bezerkers.

- prepare odd ogor bits and models I have lying around for paining.

then it’s ogor time!
- 2 leadbelchers (With a new skin tutorial I happen to know a certain tga member will release soon)

- ironblaster

- tyrant probably halfway through because I want to take my time  

- said bits and bobs if time allows. 

Forgot the Mawpot. Need to fit it in somewhere. 

Edited by Kramer
  • LOVE IT! 1

My goal this month ... burn all the heri...  wait ... wrong goal.

Correction:

Prime: Lady Harrow’s Mournflight

Build: Beastgrave Terrain (which didn’t get done from last month...)
Build: Underworld Warband

Build: Chaos and Bug thing from Warhammer Quest 😎

Stretch:

Paint: Lady Harrow’s Mournflight

• Haha 1

Second contract for me. I pledge to paint the 3 👻👻👻 Spirit hosts from the Malignants SC box that are already built and primed, and also start a corpse cart 🧟‍♂️I bought recently. I say start because I don’t know how long it is going to take me to paint it whole 🤔

• Like 1

My first time posting in one of these, but I figure why not? Now that my first 2k points are done, I could use some extra motivation to keep hobbying.

I've got an unfortunate amount of travel happening in November, so that will definitely slow my painting down quite a bit. However...

For the month, my pledge is to finish painting at least one squad of Liberators and my Lord-Relictor. I'll also get a head start on priming (won't be able to do it outdoors for much longer here!). So I'll build my second squad of Liberators , another Celestar Ballista + crew,  Astreia Solbright, and at least 3 endless spell models and get them primed by the end of the month so I can paint them when I'm back.

Plans might change depending on whether or not I end up acquiring additional models or not. We'll see. I think that's enough to be starting with, though!

• Like 1

Alrighty. We're getting into the hot and humid months here in Queensland which does make painting a bit more difficult, however -

This month I will build & paint a 10-man unit for my Cities of Sigmar force - as yet undecided if this will be Shadow Warriors, Corsairs or Freeguild infantry.

I will FINISH Gotrek, 5 Hallowed Knights Sequitors and 10 Greatswords, including deciding on my basing scheme.

Any extra work I get done on my Kharibdyss will be a bonus.

Not painting related but I also want to play more games with my Blades of Khorne. Had a fun, narrow loss against Stormcast today with only 3 models left on the table at the end. Khorne was pleased!

Edited by RandyRyan
  • Like 1

After three months or so out of action (might be four...) I will jump in again. I am going to aim super low and finish 3 Gore Gruntaz. Not even gonna try for a stretch goal.

Edit: so, motivation failed as these guys take a lot longer than I anticipated. I got only one complete and one about 40%. Not unhappy with how he turned out. This would be the boss one in an Iron Fist or herd of gruntaz...

gg1.jpg.2647bacc1410926e2b11868c9b574ea1.jpg

Edited by kaaras
Additional stuff.
  • Like 1

As a first time poster -but long time reader and follower of this site- I would like to participate in this thread with my own goals for November: 

-finish at least 10 of my Hardboyz on the table (20 built and primed, working 5-6 at a time)

-get bases done for all 20 (if they arrive in good time)

-finish my Seraphon conversions (Eternity warden, Scar-veteran and possibly Astrolith bearer, depending on how the last one goes)

-get started on my Lizardmen Blood Bowl team that is due to arrive tomorrow 

-hopefully manage to build and start my ordered Saurus Guard and Kroxigors to round out lizzies for a casual tournament

Might be stretching to aim for all this seeing how busy November seems at work, but I'll try. At least I'll have an excuse to buy more minis once these are out of the way. 

• Like 1