AoS 2 - Ogor Mawtribe Discussion

AthelLoren

Ogor Mawtribes Poll  

503 members have voted

1. 1. What tier do you feel Ogors are pre-battletome?

• High-tier
    • Mid-tier
    • Low-tier
  2. 2. What kind of army will you be running?

• Entirely Gutbusters
    • Mostly Gutbusters
    • Mixed forces
    • Mostly Beastclaw Raiders
    • Entirely Beastclaw Raiders

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

All three lists just are there to show off the ability to make very different kind of lists. It’s a marketing tool and not, as @Nezzhil seems to have expected, a guide to make powerful lists. 

first shows a good trick with stacking damage on the mournfang but it’s there to show a mounted list. I think for games where the goal isn’t top tournament practice it will be fun and good to play. 

Yeah, the first list seems like an example of a mounted list, and to showcase how to affordably and efficiently buy the required models.

Second is an infantry list, and the third is a crazy, only played by those who already have a 180 grots, list.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DingK86 said:

Yeah, the first list seems like an example of a mounted list, and to showcase how to affordably and efficiently buy the required models.

Second is an infantry list, and the third is a crazy, only played by those who already have a 180 grots, list.

Had to laugh a bit about the first one. You  start of with only 2 SC boxes. But the picture immediately beneath it shows you requiring 2 more Stornhorns. Cheap my ass 😂

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Forrix said:

On a hobby related note, anyone have any cool Butcher/Slaughtermaster conversions? I'm not really feeling the finecast models.

I made this one (butcher with cauldron - now slaugthermaster) when I started BCR like 2 yrs ago and I painted up 1k points. I think I'll finish painting this dude now:

971145745_Screenshot_2019-10-30CraigTurner(thundergore)Instagramphotosandvideos.png.06be29189d6c92ad1794c66561d519f0.png

1276928069_Screenshot_2019-10-30CraigTurner(thundergore)Instagramphotosandvideos(1).png.cc4b531c90a8ce7afd9df9a45821cf09.png1986896705_Screenshot_2019-10-30CraigTurner(thundergore)Instagramphotosandvideos(2).png.b6096e0f737fa8f6b840767a453c3c07.png

He is magnetised to the chest and the idea is I'll use him as a huskard for my planned big beasties if I so wish.

Bonus original composition which was just kitbashing (it changed a lot as I worked):

1751479624_Screenshot_2019-10-30CraigTurneronInstagramWhentheseshadespireminisaredoneImconvertingagutbusterbutcherwi....png.d9d9e3605ec039468f0a0a7bdf7a7cb9.png

• Like 7

Anybody have any thoughts on giving a frostlord the splatter cleaver artifact from bloodgullet mawtribe? Obviously ethereal amulet is good on a high damage monster with a 3+ save and 5+ shrug, but im wondering if maybe the potential to heal 2d3 per turn (d3 per combat phase where he does damage with his hand weapon) could be as good or better. 

Have a game in and want to share some thoughts:

FloSh is a Beast when he charges. He kills everything. Impact hits, had the d6 mortals to good save trait (Combat vs a monster started with 8 Mortals before I even began to swing) and with ethereal and 5+ aftersave  he is really hard to bring down. Even few d3 healing is huge on him, since he doesn`t lose that much anyway.

Tyrant is a total bummer. BS immune is cool on Gnoblars, the rest has a high enough Bravery imo. Damage output is very lackluster.

Butcher magic is very unreliable. Had the 2 spells tribe but magic still was weak. In this tribe I definetly would swap the tyrant for a slaughtermaster or a firebelly

12 Gluttons are beasts, but everyone knows i guess.

I ran a combo with 4 leadbelcher in front and 4 ironguts behind them. Against soft or no shooting this combo was really cool. Shooting forces the enemy to attack you, the Leadbelcher soak some damage in melee and ironguts deal HUGE damage, its insane.

Mournfangs are only playable with some buffs from tribes, traits etc.  If you are basically only using their warscroll, they are waaay to expensive in points for what they da.

All in all it felt way stronger than before, but I see no potential to be top tier, from what I saw in this game. Maybe a BCR list with butcher and 12 gluttons? could be very strong. Still needs tons and tons of playtesting, but the most important part: This army is sooo fun to play.

FloSh 400

Butcher 140

Slaugtermaster 140

Firebilly 120

12x Glutton  400

12x Glutton 400

4x Ironguts 220

2x Frost sabre 40

Endless spell 

Chronomantic cogs 80

Extra command point 50

Bloodgullet mawtribe

Great Mawpot

1990/2000

Edited by Zorki
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

Doesn't the battletome say that Ironguts are min 4?

Yes I believe the poster has a typo. They use to be 3 so I understand the error. Ironically I own 6. Do not really want to ebay 2 more so if someone wants to pick up 2 from me they can go ahead!

Edited by svnvaldez

3 minutes ago, Beastmaster said:

Did the Tyrant actually become weaker?

He was known as quite strong before IIRC. What changed?

Other stuff got better in the game imo. Last time I remember him being good in combat was when it was just the 4 GA books. His scroll is fine... but the game isn't about your scroll now. It's about the tomes interactions. He's just a slow dude on foot. His CA is usable thou if you build around it.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Lucank said:

FloSh is a Beast when he charges.

In order to re live the glory days of 2 FLoSh with battle brew this is the list I'm painting up. I already own the models so I don't really have to worry about how good it is. I think it will be a ton of fun to run 3 FLs together dealing impact hits.

Tribe Meatfist Mawtribe    

Battle trait: Add 1 dice for MW charge    
Command ability: Add +1 attack for bite    

Frostlord on Stonehorn   400 2000
   Mount trait: Add +1 hit for horn    
   Artifact: Reroll saves of 1    
   Command trait: Hero phase + 1 CP if eating    
Frostlord on Stonehorn   400  
Frostlord on Stonehorn   400  
12 Ogor Gluttons   400  
2 Leadbelchers   80  
2 Leadbelchers   80  
Butcher   140  
   Spell: Cast on 7 +1 attack for  gluttons    
Gnoblars   100  
Edited by svnvaldez

1 hour ago, Zorki said:

FloSh 400

Butcher 140

Slaugtermaster 140

Firebilly 120

12x Glutton  400

12x Glutton 400

4x Ironguts 220

2x Frost sabre 40

Endless spell 

Chronomantic cogs 80

Extra command point 50

Bloodgullet mawtribe

Great Mawpot

1990/2000

Will test a similar list on friday, i just swap frostsabres and cogs for 20 gnoblar